TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Pad : Archive through August 24, 2012 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I was never a fan of Emily. And, HELLO! she does have "baggage"! IMO, Emily didn't want that pointed out. The "baggage" isn't really the daughter, it's the daughter's grandparents!

Kalon has shown a "different" side on BP. Yes, he is still a little hard to like. But, he seems to really like Lindsey. We didn't get to see this side of him w/Emily & now we know, he just wasn't into her. He's rich - he doesn't have to pretend to like someone that he doesn't!

Gosh, I really like Michael! He had a remarkable idea.........why didn't he just let it hatch out? That old "pride" thing....wanting credit for it.....caught him in the little hiney!

Erica has a mean spirit........I can totally understand why this young woman doesn't have many friends.

Blakely has been shown as a needy woman. However, some men need to be needed! Tony & Blakely may win this show!

Nick - who?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Baggage is a term we always used when we were single and on the hunt. Ex wives, kids = baggage. Baggage is just stuff to deal with.

Blakely and Tony seem like such an odd match that it could work! Sometimes what you need it completely different than what you thought you wanted/needed.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I also though Kalon got a bad rap up until the Men tell All and then he was just mean. I totally agree the baggage comment was not as bad as everyone made it out to be. Personally there were several times before that that I would have gotten rid of Kalon, but not just for the baggage comment.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I didn't think the "baggage" comment was that big of deal. When someone is single and dates someone who has been married or has children, the exes and children are often referred to as "excess baggage." But, of course, according to Emily, Little Ricki is a "blessing."

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
That always bugged me about her. All children are a "blessing". That's a given.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
(I would think it depends on your point of view. That's a given. Personally, I never wanted children. Ever.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She gave Kalon a chance to explain himself on the Bachelorette and he didn't. I think he meant baggage in the mean way. He's just not a nice person. When they talked on The Men Tell All about how he tweeted that he was at the airport and was looking for Emily on the baggage carousel, that was a little mean-spirited, but then he made it worse by saying something else snarky (can't remember what it was). I just don't like him. I hope he's good to Lindzi, but she's got her hands full with that one. He seems very self-centered.

Chris is a handsome guy (those eyes are really beautiful), but his personality ruins it. He's just not a nice person. He totally manipulated Blakely and Jamie, and then kicked them to the curb when he decided Sarah was a better deal. If I were Sarah, I'd be worried he'd do the same to me at some point.

Love Michael and his idea was brilliant. Too bad he didn't let someone else execute it for him. I felt bad for Rachel, cause the house won't be as much fun for her without Michael. I don't think she has any chance at winning now, so she might as well have left with him.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kalon does have a mean streak. The tweet was rude and uncalled for. I think he may think he's trying to be funny, but in that situation, it's best to just bow out gracefully.

I'm sure Chris will discard Sarah quickly. She's basically the last girl left for him to hit on. If there was anyone else there, he'd move onto her in a week.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I dunno how Sarah doesn't see how he started with Blakely, moved on to Jamie, then on to her. Really, he WOULD move on to another if there was someone there!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I felt Kalon was playing a game and he just stuck to mean - on BP I have no idea what to think, is he going for a shot of being a "Bachelor"?

Costa - I'm rethinking the whole children thing - I do love my kids (most of the time *eg - dealing with a hormonal teenage dd yesterday ugg!) Mostly because of whats going on in this world, I just cant imagine how hard it is going to be to navigate! (from immunization shots, to chemicals in plastics, etc... just everything is overwhelming!) PLUS, kids are expensive - I could be taking selfish vacations if not for kids! *beg!

Sarah has to be clueless or downright desperate!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I still avoid dating men who have children from previous relationships. I just am not interested. They can keep their "blessings", thank you. (Especially if those children are not adults and off on their own.) I have enough of my own emotional "baggage," thank you very much.

I think Sarah has a lot of desperation in her. Based on some of her actions. I mean the fairly instant hookup with Ed, her response when he turned pretty quickly to back to his partner Jaclyn, and then her response when Chris started showing interest in her... seemed to smack of seriously desperation. And lack of self esteem. Something just off. (And really not attractive, to me.)

I didn't know Kalon, or Chris, before this show, so I'm finding it amusing to read what y'all have to say about them. My impression of Chris is not at all nice. I think the man acts like a tool. I think Kalon acts like one tool, but at least he acknowledges it (or has), so it's like he's playing a role, maybe? Or, like Reader said, a game?

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
With my "blessings" comment I meant people with children. To each his own. It always bugged me how Emily thought the guys should automatically love and feel the same about her child.

And I think someone said they feel a little sorry for Jaclyn, she knew what she was getting. She saw Ed hooking up with other women. I can't believe she was surprised by his response.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Bama_karen, I think Emily was right to expect anyone who wanted a life with her to want to build a life including her child. A mother's first priority has to be her child. I've seen too many settle for someone who is not good to their children just to have a man in their life. Just wrong!

When I was single, I always figured a guy with kids was a package deal. If you love the man, you have to at least try to love his children because they're a part of who he is. If you choose not to date someone with children, that's your choice and perfectly okay. But in the case of the guys on The Bachelorette who knew Emily was a package deal, if they weren't into the whole package she was right to eliminate them (Kalon).

From the start of the show, Kalon seemed like he was just there to try to impress everyone. What a contrast between him arriving the first night in a helicopter and Jef (with one F) arriving on a skateboard! Good for her for seeing past the glitz.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjaxmom. I think Emily just came off as if she thought everyone should want her and her child as a package deal when we know there are many men who wouldn't. Kalon just came across looking like a jerk because he knew he wasn't interested in the package deal and he should have left early on rather than hanging around pretending he was into her.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
What I meant was it isn't automatic that he would love her child. Yes I do think it is a package deal. My comment was in response to someone else's comment. I think she was right to get rid of Kalon but not necessarily for the baggage comment. He was rude in general to her. She got rid of one guy because he called it a compromise to be with her and she got really upset about that. I am sorry but it is a compromise and he said he was willing to make it.

As for BP, Kalon seems like almost a different person with Lindzi. As far as I can see he isn't the worst one here. LOL

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I guess it is really true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As far as physical looks, Chris was a thumbs down for me from the first time I saw him on Emily's season. He does have unusual eyes, but all in all, he wasn't my cup of tea. As the season progressed, I liked him less and less personality wise. You can imagine how much I dislike him now after seeing him on Bachelor Pad.

And I, too, am surprised by Kalon. I hope he and Lindzi are happy and are good for each other. Amazing what a difference one reality show can make. lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree with that Too Karen. As a mother I wouldn't have accepted an engagement on the show, not until my boyfriend and child had spent far more time together.

Pam, Chris did nothing for me physically either. I disliked him on Bachelorette, thought he was immature and just something about him hit me wrong. My gut was right on because he's just dreadful on Bach Pad.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm not so sure I'd agree that Chris is a hottie. I dunno if it's cuz I've only seen him this season and I think he's been a huge turnoff, but even when he was nice to Blakely the first episode, I didn't really find him all that attractive. Even less so now that I've seen him move from woman to woman, and then blame all his "woe is me" on other guys.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I also don't find Chris attractive at all. His temper is what would scare me more than anything. I think he has to potential to be very hot headed when things aren't going his way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Chris is physically attractive to me. His A$$ whole personality "uglies" him to me! I would have never wanted a guy like him!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So I just finished watching this week's episode and I don't get it. Is Erica R right? Was Michael a little Machiavellian evil manipulator throughout? Or was she just pissed cuz he was working to get her off this episode? Sounds like she had a serious grudge. Like the cool kids and she wasn't one of them?

Allym

07-29-2012

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allym a private message Print Post    
This episode, Michael was working to blame Chris for getting everyone to vote off Erica. He told Erica that Chris was voting her off and in return he was encouraging her to vote him off. Michael knew that everyone else was voting Erica off and laid the blame on Chris until Chris showed Erica that he was putting Lindzi's photo in the voting box. She then knew that Michael was manipulating her and the group into voting her off.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Michael was a manipulator throughout. We saw him manipulating things on this week's episode, but I don't recall seeing anything weeks prior. Seemed that many liked him and wanted to work with him, be in his alliance, so it didn't seem like he needed to manipulate anything to me.

Erica had a right to be mad about being lied to and voted out, but her over-dramatic tantrum attacking Michael, saying Holly was better without him, was just so juvenile and such a low blow.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I think Erica did carry it a bit to far.

As for Chris I have never liked him.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Allym, I understand that part. I don't understand the sheer venom she tossed at him.

Brenda and Karen, thanks. That's what I was thinking. I didn't see him being a master manipulator at all. This week, yes, but I didn't see him acting like a big man and it was his house. If anything, it was Chris that had been doing that.

Up to now, I sort of had always thought Erica was just a big of a hanger-on... kind of nothing really. Now, I'm really not liking her at all. That was completely and totally uncalled-for, all those comments as she was leaving. I know she's been on every episode of BP (for some reason), and now I'm guessing that this may be the last time she's invited. Unless she's sleeping with a producer or something (I really don't understand how she keeps getting invited back; I don't understand what she brings to the show.)