TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through July 23, 2012 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
What a nice finale. I wish them luck tooooooo.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
On the live show Emily looks beautiful and appears very happy.
Chris Harrison looks like he's had some hair plugs.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Emily does look happy. Arie really was blind sided.

LOL - yes, Chris Harrison does look like he's had some hair plugs!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Emily looks so at peace and happy..I think her face is fuller and less drawn. I'm thrilled with the out come. Arie's life style is not conducive with raising a child. He had told Emily a while back that he gets up at 9 am, has dinner with friends until late. Does he do anything for a real job beside race cars? I don't think he has done great racing.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
- am I the only one that thinks the thing she had with Ari was more about Riki's father? I really think that Ari just represented Riki's father, how she warmed up to him so fast - I am glad that she didnt stay with Ari, that she was able to move through that - reading spoilers about Ari makes me wonder if he is genuine - or saying things that will endear him to the tv audience?

I know, I'm cynical - but its a TV show....

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Reader, you aren't cynical. I think Arie is a player, not as bad as Ryan, but he's a player. Maybe, he finally did get bit by the love bug, probably didn't want to, but it happened. Now he knows how all the women feel that he left behind.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
JAG - I agree! I remember when Arie told Emily he got up at 9am and went out every night for dinner with friends. She really looked good and hard at him when he said that.

READER - I agree that I think Emily was originally drawn to Arie because of the race car connection. But I did find him genuine. But what the heck do I know!!!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Arie flying to see Emily with his journal when they stopped filming seems genuine to me.

She and Jef seem very happy. I hope it works out for them.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Dang. I forgot it was on Sunday#$#$@$@#@#!@!@!@!@!@@@!!$$@!

Well, I thought she's pick Jeff.

off to BP for me. - LOL

Roblover

05-17-2011

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
This seemed to be the most genuine show in the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise since the first Bachelorette with Trista and Ryan. Jef has so much confidence, without being arrogant. I admire him.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
Ari will be the next bachelor.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Well, the spoilers have Arie as a major player, so I feel he is smart enough to know damage control, his image is what brings money to his business, his image is his business... There have been other bachelors with this same "MO"

I think Arie is very likeable - I think having a Bachelor producer as a friend has helped Arie get on to the TV show - now, again, cynic in my thinks IF Arie wanted to be the next Bachelor then he needs to gain some sympathy - going "off camera" to deliver a diary - that is talked about "on camera" would do that....

and did anybody here that Roberto was going to be the next Bachelor - but now he's engaged? (as in - did I hear that right? or are both, one or none correct?)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
oh and I do think Arie came across very likeable in the TV Show, and esp. tonight - so if TPTB think Arie will bring ratings - I think he could do very well as the next Bachelor...

but imho - he has lying eyes!!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I like Ari very much. I guess I have a thing for race car drivers myself!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Best season, best contestants, especially best finale ever!

Love Jef and Arie both. I found Arie to be very genuine and believable.

For the last few episodes, I've felt Jef was a better match for Emily and that Jef and Emily had the best connection. They seem very well suited for each other and unusually close. I love that they feel that they didn't meet on a tv show. I really think they may last. I hope they do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The spoilers had Jef as a partier too but seems he is willing to relocate to her area for her daughter's sake, which is good and taking her along for business to Africa is pretty cool. I sure wish them the best.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Arie flying down to see Emily and placing his journal on her doorstep seemed like stalking to me.

He seemed annoyed when she said on last night's show that she didn't read it. I think it hurt him that she gave it back to him.

That was nice of Emily to say that she should have been more straight forward with Arie.

I was a bit scared when she told Arie that if it hadn't been for Jef he would have been the one.

I hope Arie is NOT the next Bachelor. I think he took his loss too hard.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The only thing that will prevent Roberto from being the next Bachelor is contract negotiations. If Roberto doesn't come down from how much he is asking for, then Sean will be the next Bachelor.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed last night's show, better than any other finale for me. Although I couldn't picture her with Jef at the beginning, I can now say that they seem perfect for each other and I hope they can make it work. I'm not surprised that he is moving to Charlotte and glad they worked that out for the sake of little Rikki.

The only thing odd to me was the place they filmed the proposal. They are in beautiful Curasao and it seemed the set was in some kind of courtyard with buildings behind??

I agree that Arie might be somewhat of a player, and being a bachelor I don't see anything wrong with having late dinners out and sleeping in . . . but I do believe his feelings for Emily were genuine and he seems ready to settle down. I'd rather see Sean as the next Bachelor though.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I was prepared to not like Emily or her season. I was pleasantly surprised, and had alot of respect and admiration for her. I love that she did not go through with making Arie propose or do the final thing with her. She always seemed very considerate of the feelings of the guys and did what she could to make it easier for them. And, I love that she stood up to Kalon, and stood her ground.

I'm glad she picked Jef. I was surprised at Arie's reaction. I don't know why, but I just saw him as faking it with her. I think it was because I read all the spoilers about him and bought into them. It really surprised me that he took it as hard as he did and that he flew to see her, journal in hand.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is taking it hard and not accepting a loss. In matters of love, both people have to agree that this is it and no matter all the good stuff she said, she also said she chose the other guy. And she basically said she saw it burning out with Arie.

So..the flying and the journal..

I guess after the season where the guy changed his mind even after getting engaged has encouraged others?

I think she was right to not read the journal AND was pleased that she kept Jef in the loop on everything and that Jef was helpful to Arie as well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard last week that she is moving to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment field.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I am glad that she went with Jef. I liked him from the beginning. I know of Arie from his racing career and his father. I was not impressed with him and keep thinking that he was into Emily for her racing connection. In the end it does appear that Arie had feelings for her.

This relationship between Emily and Jef just might make it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Emily got totally screwed on the location for the proposal, but since there have been so many leaks in years past, that is probably why they had it where they did. There were absolutely no photographs anywhere of the proposal. Even RS was surprised that there were no photographs of the proposal and final rose.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch what Emily quietly said to Jef after she accepted his proposal and he got up off one knee? It was while they were hugging. I thought she said "We'll make it." I couldn't tell for sure at all.

Also, Emily or Ricki maybe, said something as Jef, Emily, and Ricki were all walking away after the proposal. "We did it!" maybe? Did anyone catch that?