TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through July 11, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night's departure was just heartbreaking.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They could still use Sean as a Bachelor in the future. And yes, last conversation was awkward. I don't think Emily wanted to say all those dumb things we say when we dump someone. Really, what can you say?

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
In keeping with the show's recent track record any of the three (Jef, Arie, or Sean) could wind up as a future Bachelor. Given the string of failures they certainly have built up an inventory of potentials.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Sean certainly is a nice guy, handsome, probably smart...on paper he's perfect but I found him a bit of a bore and I think Emily did too. He's better off with someone who could appreciate him. I don't feel sorry for him...he signed up for this train wreck no one forced him. The broken hearts are what makes this show entertaining...true love certainly isn't what this TV show is about. The crazy crying jabs, sobbing and mental breakdowns is what tptb are looking for.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought it came down to who had the more exciting life. The insurance agent, race car driver or skateboarder/whatever Jef's occupation is. She's stated over and over how she liked the race car (i.e. more exciting) lifestyle. Poor Sean.....

however, I can see a number of single women buying insurance policies in Texas in Sean's near future.... He is adorable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sean is adorable, but I think she just wasn't feeling him as much as Ari or Jef. I didn't like Jef at first, but he's really grown on me. I love that kind of guy who's silly and can make you laugh. He runs some kind of a business in SLC, so I guess he's more mature than we think. She obviously has super hot chemistry with Ari, but it worried me when she mentioned that they never talk about anything. Chemistry only lasts so long if you can't talk to each other.

I think this is the first contestant EVER who didn't spend the night with all three finalists. Have to admire her for that. Even if they say they're only going to "talk," you know there's hanky panky that goes on and I always find it gross that they're fooling around with three different people on three consecutive nights. I really admire her for taking that stand and insisting that they film her saying goodnight. Now the thing with Ari, I get that! She just wants to jump his bones all the time, so if they were alone without cameras she'd totally be in trouble. Wise choice.

I'm suspecting from the previews of next week that she picks no one. Or maybe they just want it to look that way. This show doesn't have a great track record (only one marriage out of how many? I don't count the guy who married the 2nd choice girl, that was really ugly).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the previews make it look dire. I'm thinking she picks one of them, but doesn't want a proposal, maybe just wants to continue the relationship and see where it goes?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, it was in Emily's contract that she would not have to spend the night with the final three in the fantasy suite.

I have read where some of contestants say they they just talked all night about stupid stuff outside the presence of cameras (like what kind of movies do they like, etc. etc.) - and then there was Courtney who was totally banging Ben in the fantasy suite.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yet the second choice girl and the guy apparently have a successful marriage. Maybe we should call him "the changed his mind" guy or "the long time coming but ultimately right decision guy".

If Emily was being truthful about her reasoning, I thought it was pretty pathetic that she didn't invite Arie back.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
At one point during Sean's date I thought - can you imagine going to buy insurance and finding him sitting behind the desk. I'd buy whatever he was selling. (if I was younger).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was actually quite annoyed during the three dinner dates that it didn't appear that they ate any of the food - which looked quite tasty.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think out of this lot, Sean will probably be the next Bachelor (after Roberto's season). Ari has way too much baggage with Cassie Lambert - not to mention what is coming out in the tabloids about him post-Bachelorette - to be taken seriously

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When Emily was at dinner with Sean, I noticed that Sean appeared to never take his eyes off her when speaking to her. I could tell he was 100% smitten with her. On the other hand, she kept looking down and away a few times, especially when he would say something really moving or how much he had grown to love her. So, I thought she knew then that he would be going home.

With Jef, it seemed that she never looked away. Always at him, nodding in agreement with pretty much whatever he said. I didn't see much of Arie's date, so I can't comment on that one.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Let me tell you - when she gave Jef the overnight date card and he told her no to spending the night out of respect for both of their families (before he found out they would only go talk a few more hours)... I was floored. Made me love him even more.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was probably the most shocking moment ever in Bachelor history, Lexie! It did make me think more of him, though. I think he shot up in her opinion, too, since he turned her down! She wanted to be the one turning him down.

And Lexie, I have yet to see anyone eat anything on this show (except for that oyster that Emily immediately spit out again). They always seem to have all this lovely food sitting there, but I'm convinced it's plastic. They do like to drink, however!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve's blog. It is absolutely hilarious! I'm posting link starting at page 2 because page 1 of this blog will have some spoilerish info, but page 2 is the start of the weekly blog.

RS's blog

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Just checked the link - it will take you straight to page 2 of the blog skipping the spoilers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I truly wish they would get rid of the "overnight" date cards. I'm not a prude by any means, and I'm embarrassed for them. Especially for whoever draws the third date - uuuuuggghhhh....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There is some spoiler info farther along in that blog.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't care about spoilers I agree that it is very funny!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm so sad for Sean. And for whoever she doesn't pick. (or the remaining two if she chooses no one.) I'm also sad for Emily. She is a wreck and this is hard on her. I like her a lot. As sad as I am for all of them, I am really enjoying seeing all the love stories.

I think Sean should be a future bachelor and if she doesn't pick Jef, he should be one too. I like Arie enough, just not as much as I like Jef or Sean.

The previews seem to show Emily's dad saying he doesn't believe one can be in love with more than one person. I used to think that too, until I watched so many seasons of this show. I think many of them fall in love with more than one.

I think she will pick someone. I think that because the previews seem to make me wonder if she really will pick someone.

I saw she was going to be on Kimmel last night. Did anyone watch? Anything newsy or interesting about it?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 9
by Chris Harrison
JUL 10
01:05 AM ET
The last few weeks I’ve been racking my brain trying to remember if we’ve ever had a season with such a tight horse race coming down the stretch. In my opinion we’ve never had a Bachelor or Bachelorette feel so deeply for the final three. ...

There is a link to Emily's blog at the end of Chris H's blog.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
From Chris H's blog
I’ll see you next week as I grill the guys about their love of Emily to their unfortunate choice in tank tops.

LOL about those tank tops!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link

ASHLEY SPIVEY’S BACHELORETTE BLOG: EPISODE 9

Well hey y’all! Can y’all believe that we are almost at the end of Emily’s journey to finding love? I have to say that this is the first time that I’ve ever been this invested in the final 3 people throughout the history of the show. Usually by this point, it is pretty obvious whom the Bachelor or Bachelorette is going to pick or I have a definite favorite – but I truly feel like any of these 3 men would be an amazing husband to Emily and a loving father to Ricki!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link

The Bachelorette's Chris Harrison: "I Got Teary!"
Jul 9, 2012 11:00 PM ET
by Robyn Ross

It's a Q&A with Chris H.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Ashley's blog is always hilarious! Until last week's, I always thought she was the Ashley that picked JP. But I finally have it straight!

I was thinking the same thing about Sean and the awkward arm :-)