TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through July 03, 2012 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
oops - well drama going on here - not as much as at the bachelorette!! *G

ds and dd do have a good relationship - mostly her mom and sisters do speak English, but when around family they do fall into their native language - but I think there was some set up going in to the filming of Ari's family!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Chris is giving Emily a hard time.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
what is Chris doing??? Assume he's packing.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Arie got rose #1, Jef #2, & Sean #3. Chris was sent home. No big shock. I think that Chris had a wonderful family, it was rude of Arie's family to speak Dutch in front of her, Sean's joke was stupid, I always felt he was too immature. Jef is tough for me. I just can't see Emily living on a ranch with all his family. I think his Mormon faith may interfere with her picking him. It would be tough for me if I were her. She must be soo confused.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Chris was very rude about not getting a rose. He argued with her. He pouted. He could not understand how she made the big mistake of not picking him. He is 10 time better than any of the other &^% guys.

Yeah right, Chris.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad she sent Chris packing. "I'm 10 times the man those other guys are". Really?! Those other guys seem pretty 'manly' to me. Bye, bye Chris!

I agree that Sean's joke was stupid. I really dislike jokes like that. Make me laugh please, but not as the butt of your joke. And yes, rude of Arie's family to do that. I had a best friend who was german and her mom would do that in front of me -- talk german to her. It made my friend mad and she'd tell her to stop. The mom spoke perfect english. My friend would answer in english, but it still made me feel uncomfortable.

I still think ARie for the win. I think Jef Arie final 2.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
To us Chris' age really came out after he was eliminated. He's 25 and it showed. He may be a very nice person but he's still a relatively young man.

Jef may indeed last to the final two but we think that would be up against Arie with Arie "winning". Not sure where or how his religion plays into that decision. Jef is a "fallen away" member, sometimes known as Jack Mormons. Whether or not he ever goes back to actively practicing Mormonism is anybody's guess. I was a member 45 years ago but I never went back, have no plans to go back but I'm interestingly still considered a member by the church and always will be.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Emily's eyes sure did light up with $$$$$$ when she saw Jef's ranch.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Chris was boring and way too shy for Emily. I still can't picture her with Jef either. He seems so young to me, maybe its the skateboard that I can't get past. Although he is very sweet, and his intentions seem to be very genuine. Has he said what is profession is (entrepreneur?)

I'm still on team Arie. They have the most passion . . . and he comes from an affluent family, which I think she does too . . and it seems those types seem to stick together. The whole Dutch speaking thing in front of her seemeed very scripted to me. I was surprsied that she got along with his family as well as she did - ALL the families loved her but then again, she is very likable.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Arie's mom reminded me of the blonde lady on Two Broke Girls.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Maybe I missed it but I'm surprised there haven't been more comments about Jef's parents not being there to meet Emily. That seems like a big red flag to me.

Yes Chris could have handled Emily's rejection better but it's obvious that he felt he was in love with her and it hurt.

Arie just seems kind of shifty to me but I agree (sadly) that she seems the most attracted to him.

So that leaves Sean. He sure has the looks and he seems to have a nice personality. I was doubting there were many sparks but the last time she kissed him she seemed a lot more passionate. The jokes about his room and dinner were a little off but harmless fun. He has a nice family.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Jef's parents are in South Carolina running the church's state missionary work so it's not surprising they didn't or couldn't come back for the show. Knowing the church it's not all that surprising and not a red flag to me. Mitt Romney notwithstanding church members don't typically put themselves in the "limelight", it's not in keeping with their traditional kind of low profile. Probably doesn't help that Jef is "inactive" in the church right now.

It was interesting to us that Chris' family seemed to be the least "privileged" of the four families Emily visited. Not sure if Emily took that into account or was aware of the relative wealth of her suitors' families but the three left don't exactly look like they're just scraping by.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Jef is probably a great guy,but he looks so young and I can't see them as a couple. I don't see the passion in him. From the very first show, I thought he looked like he is 18 and not a good fit for her.
I wish I hadn't read stories about Arie, because I think he would be her type. She is also used to the racing world, and I could see her not minding her alone time while he is away racing. They also seem to have the most passion.
I really like Sean, but not that sure if he is ready to take on Rickie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mack, I don't think money had anything to do with it. Chris is the least mature of the four men and seemed to have the least connection with Emily. Also there's that temper we've seen on more than one occasion. I was really surprised that she kept him last week, but not at all surprised that she let him go this week. I predict Sean will be the one packing his bags next week.

I didn't like Jef ("with one F") at all at first, but he has grown on me--and apparently on Emily, too! He is very sweet and thoughtful and has that quirky sense of humor that's so appealing. The skateboard arrival did put me off initially (and those knee socks in Bermuda!), but I can see what she sees in him. He's totally charming and cute, silly hairstyle not withstanding.

Having read a lot about the Mormon religion and known a few, I understand why they like to remain low-key. They've suffered a lot of persecution and discrimination in the past (much of it brought on themselves, admittedly), so I can understand the lie-low attitude.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Well, being a Dutch girl, through and through, I was delighted to be able to totally understand Arie and his Mom when they were having their exchange. Not polite in front of Emily so I also wonder if that was "scripted". I do like Arie and is family for Emily.

I also love Sean and his quirky sense of humor. I wonder if Emily is "too nice" for that kind of humor. She may have to learn how to throw some back at them.....hard to do for sweet and nice ladies. I think Sean is a good catch as well.

Would love to see it down to Arie and Sean. I'm not feeling the whole Jef scenario and don't think he is right for her, as a husband, maybe as a good fun friend!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I usually don't pick the "winner" but this time around I see such a match between Emily and Jeff, I can't see her picking anyone but him. I see her as having the most fun and with him and she seems so natural and flirty with him...I don't see her acting that way with the others.

I think Sean is too bland for Emily and Arie has too much ego for her----guess we'll find out soon enough.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think Chris was disappointed because he felt that Emily should have been in love with him and not so much that he was in love with herr. He has an ego problem.

I really don't see any matches for Emily out of the three that are left.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's an interesting view of Chris, Dogdoc. Ironically, I had the same view of Arie when the three guys were standing around while Emily was saying goodbye to Chris. He looked a little too much like he had won a prize at some sort of sports match.

I appreciate your insight into the Mormon Church, Mack. It does help explain Jef's parent's absence. Nevertheless, I still think that Emily would be uncomfortable having no idea how they would react to her and Jef forming a relationship.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
If Jef's parents are in North Carolina, they are not too far away from Charlotte, where Emily lives. If they are not into publicity maybe they have met and we don't know about it. I just can't see Emily with any of the 3 guys left.
This is public knowledge now so it is not a spoiler..Chris is on the Bachelor Pad!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Chris?! Ick! I think everyone was expecting it to be over-ego'd Ryan. I guess Chris fits the inflated ego bill too though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought of that as well (an off camera meeting) but I wasn't sure if off camera stuff like that is allowed within the show's rules before Emily makes her decision?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was actually hoping it would be Ryan on BP. He's such a trainwreck and I love /me some trainwrecking on BP!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan would have brought more fun to BAch pad than Chris will. Not a Chris fan.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, it was more an observation that the last three come from well-off families than a suggestion she knew that before she visited the families. Of course, we don't see every minute of every conversation so who knows who knows what about whom when...or something like that. It obviously wouldn't have taken her long to figure out there was some kind of family money after she visited their respective homes. Whether or not that figured into her decision to let Chris go only she can say and most probably would never admit that if she did take it into consideration. We still get the feeling that's the kind of life she's used to at some level though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't really see Emily as being that spoiled and into money. Her house is not that fabulous. It's merely upper middle class. We have lots of houses like that here in Northern California. All the guys seem to be pretty successful. I would think she'd make her decision on how mature the guy is, how they get along and how established he is in his career, rather than what his parents' house looks like. I just don't see her as basing her decision on that.