TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through June 21, 2012 users admin

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
"Don't make me look like an arrogant jerk."

Sorry, too late.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
And I also do not think he is handsome. To me, he has a rather mean look, like someone who would be abusive. I may be all wrong, but that is just how he appears to me.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I'm going to be the odd one out here, but I really don't see anything wrong with Ryan making a list of 10 qualities he's looking for in a mate. He's allegedly on this show to find the woman of his dreams. To make a list of what he's looking for to be sure she has those qualities seems okay to me. I'm sure Emily and the other gentleman also have things they are looking for. They just might not make a list.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ryan's list was 12, not 10. The thing that bugged me about that is that Ryan seemed to be all about him and what he was looking for, what would make him happy. There was no asking what would make his partner happy, or as Brenda pointed out, what he brings to the relationship. He seemed very controlling and manipulative. I was afraid for a minute there that he was going to browbeat Emily into giving him that rose! I'm glad she stuck to her guns. I'm liking her more and more. She's very perceptive when it comes to judging people.

Best line of the night (was it Jef?), "If Ryan's the next Bachelor, the Bachelorette will be a mirror." Spot on!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, that may have been the best line of the season (and I think it was Arie that said it).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really thought he was going to browbeat her into giving him that rose too. I was so relieved when she held tightly onto it!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, he was really staring her down. I was hoping somebody from production would have gone in and hauled him out of there.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Although Ryan very much went about it the wrong way and came on far too strong and egotistical, I've often wondered why the guys usually give up so easily. For example, Travis was telling us (the audience) his feelings but he wasn't telling Emily. I kept saying - why tell us? Tell her!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think there's a very fine line between telling not enough and telling too much! We've all seen what happens to the bachelor/ettes who gush how they're falling in love too early. It's off-putting and a little creepy. It's really an art, and some of them just aren't very good at it!

It's like when she kept wondering why Jef didn't kiss her. I was screaming at my TV, "Just kiss her!" But he almost missed his opportunity. I think she'd like Doug to kiss her (just to see if there's any chemistry there!), and he hasn't yet.

Lexie, you are right! It was Ari, and Chris Harrison agreed with me in his blog this week that it was the best line of the evening (maybe the whole season!).

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/06/19/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelorette-episode-6-3/

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
didn't ever like Ryan.........I've put up with guys like him in the work environment & folks always talk about them behind their backs. I just don't get people that have that level of self love.

I, too am thinking that Emily may be the best bach'ett since Tristin. Emily really seems to be "in it" for the right reasons. I don't see why John is still there though. I do see why she is keeping Doug.....he is already a father, he is drop dead gorgeous.........& did I already say that he's a beautiful male! I liked how Ari went to her & how they connected. I'm afraid that the news next wk will send Ari packing tho.

I see her having mutual feelings with: Ari, Sean, Jeff, & Chris. I really thought that she was going to let both Doug & John go because of the lack of affection from them. I don't know what she is seeing in John but, that Doug is a hunk a muffin!

Doug & Sean are IMO the 2 most handsome guys left. I'm more into dark haired guys so that is saying something that I list Sean. Dang, he is handsome! But, Doug has those "Richard Geer"(officer & a gentleman) eyes & everything else.......

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tell us how you really feel about Doug, Texasdeb!

The more I see her with Jef (with one F, as Kristen Baldwin calls him), the more I can see them as a couple. I thought he was too immature for her at first (he drives a skateboard!), but he really does seem to like her and doesn't he have his own company? He might just surprise us all and be the last one standing.

Doug is a good-looking guy, but I see a temper lurking under the surface. He and Chris almost came to blows that one time when Emily walked in and inadvertently broke it up. He scares me a little.

And Texasdeb, I think you meant "Trista" not "Tristin." (I was wracking my brain trying to remember who Tristin was!!!)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm picking Jeff as the "winner" of the show. I'm just wondering if Jeff has enough $$$$ for Emily's needs. It looks like Emily comes from money so she may indeed have a trust fund she's working off of so then maybe Jeff's income doesn't matter that much- oy who knows. ;)

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We're kind of leaning toward Arie as the front runner though his past relationship with one of the producers may be an issue for Emily. As for Ryan...not sad to see him go but we're not fans of guys or gals with large egos. Both of us has had those types in our previous relationships and we'll pass thank you. Interesting that he challenged her as much as he did, not many if any have pushed that hard and that might be due to his ego/personality. Still don't think money is an issue for Emily. Her daughter's inheritance, even if in a trust fund, belongs to the daughter and would not be impacted by Emily staying single or getting married. If Emily has a fund from her own family then that might or might not be impacted depending on the nature and language of the trust. Maybe we've missed it but very little seems to be known or said about Emily's family and we can't remember the home visit from when she was on the show before.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Emily's home visit with Brad mostly focused on Ricki?

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
That's kind of our memory too Jimmer.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Mack, I kind of remember a playground visit and stuff like that.

Going back to Babyjaxmom's comments, I agree that timing is critical in a relationship. Trying to assess when to move to the next level can be difficult enough in a regular relationship much less on a show like this one. I just think that sometimes the guys give up too easily and seem to be more willing to tell the viewers where they stand emotionally rather than telling the bachelorette.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Jimmer! And then they have the producers prodding them, too. In a real life situation, they might wait a date or two to kiss a girl (some guys move slow like that). I don't like how Doug talks about himself in the 3rd person ("If Emily wants a kiss from Doug, she'll let Doug know," or something like that).

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 6
by Chris Harrison

He is too funny!:
Ryan got the final one-on-one date, for good reason, and contrary to his belief, it’s not because he’s god’s gift to the world.

and

So Emily came out to see me as I was waiting just outside the door, ready to come in and deliver the line that would let the world know that after one rose is taken away from two roses, there’s only one rose left.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
CAUTION: Read entire post BEFORE you click on this link:

link

Title: Chris Harrison...Arie Luyendyk Scandal on The Bachelorette
June 20th, 2012 12:00 PM by Free Britney

The Arie Luyendyk scandal involving his past relationship with The Bachelorette producer Cassie Lambert was real, Chris Harrison says, but also...

There aren't any spoilers in that article, well, not REALLY...but the article does say:
Indeed, if you've read The Bachelorette spoilers this season, you know...

But what it says isn't really a spoiler, but some may think it is.

There is another sentence in the article that talks about when they dated and for how long and that may seem spoilerish to some too.

I hate to be spoiled and I did not feel spoiled by this article.

Here is a quote from Chris H from the article:
""We want to show people that yes there was something there, but it wasn’t the biggest calamity in the history of the show,” Harrison told TV Guide this week."

(I caution all who don't want to be spoiled to never have comments/posts below the articles visible...even on Chris H's popwatch recap blogs. That is how I got spoiled one season, and I was not happy at all about that.)}

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link
Chris Harrison Reveals Secrets of The Bachelorette
BY RENNIE DYBALL
Wednesday June 20, 2012 08:15 AM EDT

Ever wonder how The Bachelorette remembers all those names at the first rose ceremony, what goes on off-camera at the mansion, or whether Emily Maynard actually drinks at her cocktail parties?

Well...it's at people.com and I rarely get a link from there that works. You could google the article title and it will probably come up so you can read it.

<fixed link - jr>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Oh! The article is super short. There is a video that I didn't watch.

Here is the rest of the article:
We decided to find out from the man who knows best, Bachelor and Bachelorette host Chris Harrison, when he stopped by our offices. Luckily, he was happy to fill us in on the behind-the-scenes details.

"One of the great mysteries is how do the roses stay on at the rose ceremonies," Harrison jokes to PEOPLE of the men's boutinnieres. Turns out, they're outfitted with strong magnets to secure them to the guy's lapels – and to save the Bachelorette from sticking herself with pins every week.

As for memorizing all of those names, the Bachelors and Bachelorettes don't have any help. They "do it themselves," says Harrison, and cocktail parties literally go "all night. Most of the time, we finish and the sun's coming up."

Not that Maynard was in danger of getting tipsy.

"Emily didn't drink much," says Harrison. "Maybe she didn't drink at all that night. Then the contestants take their cues from [the Bachelors and Bachelorettes]. With Emily, everybody was really on their best behavior."

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20605283,00.html

Emily Maynard Blogs About Kissing Guys and Sending Them Home
BY EMILY MAYNARD

Tuesday June 19, 2012 09:15 AM EDT

<fixed link - jr>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think Doug is extremely good looking too, but he does seem to have a temper and seems quite insecure really (probably some of the reason for the temper). So, he really loses appeal because of that. Not a great match for Emily. or Rikki.

I wish we knew Sean and Jef a bit more. They've shown us so little of John that I really don't care if we see more or not. Seems like an ok guy so far.

Chris seems like a really good good guy, but his looks don't appeal so much to me (neither does Arie), but Emily sure seems smitten with both of them.

Arie is the only one that seems to have great passionate chemistry with her, and Jef to a lesser extent. I always wonder what they aren't showing us though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I figured out the magnets on the roses this year, cause Emily likes to play with the magnets when she's giving them out on the dates. I've seen her pulling the magnet off and "snapping" it back onto the rose. I always wonder if they use silk roses, too, cause the roses seem to stay fresh so long.

Remember the Bachelor a few years ago who got the names of the girls mixed up at one of the early rose ceremonies and gave a rose to a girl he didn't mean to? That was embarrassing! I felt sorry for the girl who got the rose by mistake. He had to ask for an extra rose (and probably had to get the girl's name straight who he meant to give it to in the first place).

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I always thought the names were written on the roses somehow as they always look really close at the rose before calling the name out.