TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through June 19, 2012 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I hope you're right. He's totally gorgeous, but waaaaay too full of himself to be attractive. He just squicks me out at this point.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I know what you mean. I always feel like I need a shower after watching BP.

I hated the way the men treated Erica last year. That being said, I am looking forward to Erica and Kalon being on the same season being as they are frenemies.

I am really hoping Ryan is the "mystery man" from Emily's season - he's such a train wreck with his massive ego. And. I. Love. It.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
"Glenn was saying that she might want the man she marries to adopt Rikki so that they would all have the same last name"

That is a valid thought but Ricki's paternal grandparents might object to her not having their name.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If Rikki's grandparents are worth their salt, they would be happy for their granddaughter to have someone in her life who loves her enough to adopt her and be a father figure to her. They'll still be her grandparents, and most girls change their name when they get married anyway. I can't believe it would be that much of a concern to them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Do Rikki and Emily have the same last name? She wasn't married to him at the time. I've seen single moms and their child do a hyphenated name to keep the old name and add the new.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I read this article a few weeks back about Rikki's grandfather, and I have alot of respect for him after reading . . despite his wealth and fame, he seems to be a real family man.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/
7930241/nascar-meet-real-rick-hendrick

Gumby

08-14-2004

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Emily's last name is Maynard and Rikki's last name is Hendricks.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So Rikkie's already facing the 'why is your name different' stuff.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's different here but with my DD's and their friends, most kids that age (and older) don't even think about last names. And it's not a pressing issue when they do.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
ashley's hilarious blog

ASHLEY SPIVEY’S BACHELORETTE BLOG: EPISODE 5

Well y’all, we are almost halfway through Emily’s journey but it’s pretty evident that there are only 3 main guys that are vying for her love. Arie, Sean, and Jef continue to pretty much dominate the screen time along with Emily – while the other guys either continually fade into the background (Travis and Wolfie) or flipflop between us liking/disliking them (Ryan and Doug). ...

Even if you don't have time to read it, go look at the screenshots and hilarious captions!

Jimmer, I agree about the last names. It's not an issue and it is actually quite common now for kids to have names different from their parents.

I really like this season so much more than I thought I would. However, I don't like Emily quite as much as I did before this episode.

I hope she realized that Doug did tell her right away about Kalon's rude remark. But with the editing, maybe it wasn't right away. I also hope she realized maybe she was a bit too hard on the guys. (I don't think that is why I don't like her quite as much.) I totally understand her reaction though. Parents would much rather have something hurtful said about them than their kids. It is an odd situation. It is a competition, but there are real feelings involved. In the past, the contestants "tattling" on other contestants hasn't gone over well with the Bach.

I really find Emily so real and reasonable.

Loved Jef complaining about the manners teacher! So funny! And Doug acting, so funny too!

(I'm very disappointed that Tony is going to be on Bach Pad.)}

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I had to look up the definition of a hood rat!

I don't think West Virginia hood rats are different from other states.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ryan is scary tonight!

The way he looked and talked to Emily when she didn't give him the rose gave me the creeps.

Ryan, you are indeed a loser not a winner!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan is very handsome, charming, witty and just too perfect. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He would cheat on Emily the second she turned her back. Travis wasn't right for her either. No romance there at all. When is John going to finally make an appearance, we've seen no interaction between Emily and him? Ari is adorable. I hope she can trust him.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Arie and Emily kissing. Yuck! I had to hit the mute button! Gag!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Nobody else went home. She only had 1 rose left and couldn't decide between Doug and John, so she kept both. Next week it comes out about Arie previously dating an assistant producer who is with Emily all the time.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It was kind of mean the way Emily came back in with no rose at first. It looked like both guys were out.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc..I felt the same way. This is soo scripted. Just like with the roses, they generally give out the first roses to people who aren't going to last to try and fool us. After her conversation with John, how could she send him home?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Ryan's ego was so big that it's amazing he was able to fit inside a room. No doubt he is a good looking confident man. I like confidence and it was nice to see a guy thinking that Emily also had to be a good match for him but he was over the top. Emily seems quite astute at reading people.

Smart move on her part to send no one else home if she wasn't sure. I agree with Dogdoc that the producers set that up in kind of a mean way though when she appeared again without a rose.

The Arie thing comes out next week. I'm happy it came out before the show ended and she had made her final decision.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
LOL.. "Don't make me look like a arrogant jerk" (or words to that effect...) ... I can't believe he sat there and tried to push her into changing her mind..

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
So glad to see Ryan gone! What a swarmy, arrogant jerk. He sure tried to make her feel uncomfortable at the end; I'm so glad she stuck to her guns and did not give him the rose. I'm with all the other guys left....glad to see his suitcase leave! So far she seems to be able to see through the inappropriate ones and send them on their way. I like that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was pretty uncomfortable.. She wasn't handing that rose over.. and he just kept blathering on.. and on..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Well, when Ryan made the list of the 10 things he wanted in a woman, he sealed his doom.

He thinks he is going to be the next Bachelor.

Emily should have been the one with a list.

I hope she doesn't waste any time thinking about him.

Arie going behind the other guy's backs and into Emily's bedroom turned me off too. I guess I just dont like Arie.

I like Chris.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc- I do not like Arie either.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I never was a Ryan fan and tonight he really showed in bold why! His list of 10 things he wants. Where's his list of 10 things he brings? So glad Emily saw through him and got rid of him. I was thinking she was pretty bratty last week, but now I'm liking her again this week. I think Arie is a great match for her. He seems very sincere. I hope they can get past the producer relationship. Still not understanding why she wasn't told on day 1. I hope they clarify that.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Emily is my favorite bachelorette. I like her attitude as if her poop don't stink. I like that she takes her daughter into consideration and that having more kids and a family is important to her. Lots of these ladies come onto the show just for the TV time, I believe, as do many of the men-Ryan-.