TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through June 14, 2012 users admin

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the guys are sick on the next show with Emily kissing them all while she was obviously sick.

Loving Sean . . and Arie. Hope they are the final two.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was thinking about that, too.. the whole next episode will be rasped and whispered, or we could get annoying coughs.

I was also annoyed with her testiness and lashing out at those who did not call Ricki "baggage".

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
With regard to having siblings close in age to Rikki, has anyone considered the option of adoption? I was blessed to find a man very open to the idea, as well as having biological children. You can fill in all sorts of age gaps that way plus it's a great way to have a family. Just sayin'...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
As I was watching her kiss all those guys I just kept thinking they'd all be sick next week too. And how come she doesn't have a runny nose?! :-)

I was enjoying Emily up until last night.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve's blog is up for the week and it is hilarious.

However, in one of his more serious moments, RS does take Emily to task for lashing out at the men. They obviously told her about Kalon's comments as soon as they had the opportunity. I have to agree with RS that Emily was way out of line with the men last night.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.aol.com/video/the-bachelorette-has-a-blowup/517393951/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cvideo-module%7Csec3_lnk3%7C169246

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I watched Emily on The Bachelor and really liked her. This season I only started watching 2 weeks ago and just a little here and there.

I'm basing my opinion on that.

I thought she handled the whole incident very childishly. I haven't seen how this guy Kalon has acted in previous episodes but obviously he's a jerk and needed to go. However, I don't think she should have had the conversation with him in front of the rest of the guys. IMO, she should have taken him off by herself and talked to him about it, then asked him to leave.
I didn't care for the pity party she was having for herself with the rest of the guys either.

I agree, Emily is making this too much about Ricki and those guys will never measure up.

My impression of Emily is not positive. She comes across full of herself and very snotty. She treats those guys like they are beneath them.

I get the feeling that she is very high maintenance and she will expect the very best of everything for the both of them.

I may very well be way off base here but those were my thoughts after last night's show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Speaking of Emily being high maintenance, I read they have a large budget of something like $350K for clothing, and she went waaaaaaay over it. She should have been upset with Jef and Arie because they were the ones who heard Kalon's remark (I think) and blabbed it to the other guys, but no...she is too enamored with those 2 guys, who didn't have the guts to tell her. Good luck to the guy she picks. He will need it and more!!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I like Emily and her daughter. BUT, I really think she is used to a very upscale life style, and I wonder if any of these guys can give that to her.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I totally agree that Emily is High Maint. & have always thought this. Yep, she's really pretty, but I'm starting to find her a bit shallow & self centered as well. I do admire how she makes no bones about her & Ricki being a pkg deal. But, this isn't the "Find A Daddy For My Kid" show!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
1. I would not have wanted dessert on a ferris wheel.

2. They left the ferris wheel and didn't eat the dessert. Somebody probably worked really hard to make it.

3. I don't like Emily as much as I did.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jag, I also read she went waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the clothing budget. They said one of her gowns for the Rose Ceremony cost $40,000.00.

Dogdoc, I would have NEVER left the London Eye without eating dessert!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I have to say this and I know I will be hated but, I agree "baggage" is the wrong word but it is a big responsibility. I have children and they would come first but I think she is making to much of this. There were many reasons Kalon should have went home. He was very disrespectful to her on more then one occasion and that alone makes him a very poor choice for a father figure. I also don't think it was the other guys responsibility to tell her. It was her choice to make.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I've noticed nobody ever eats anything on this show. I joked with DH that I think they have plastic food on their plates, cause they never seem to touch it. They do drink a lot of alcohol, however!

And I agree with the rest of you that Emily went WAY overboard with the guys on the "baggage" thing. I was glad she kicked Kalon to the curb. He deserved it, but the other guys didn't deserve the tongue-lashing she gave them all. Maybe she was feeling more vulnerable since she was sick.

And yes, I was totally grossed out that she was kissing everybody when she was obviously sick. They'll probably all be sick next week!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
As a single mom of four I would want the man in my life to get along with and respect my kids but I would never expect him to "parent" them...that is my responsibility. I would also choose the man with the idea that he and I need to be together in the long run...the kids will all leave home eventually. Hence, I would chose for me and not necessarily for my kids, although they would certainly weigh in and be considered.

I think it will be tough for any man with Emily because Rikki is not used to a father figure at all. She is used to having her mom at her disposal at all times and sharing might be very difficult! I think Emily is giving Rikki's "needs' too much "power" in this situation. Her focus should be on finding the right man for her; if he is right for her he would be right for Rikki too. At least that's what I believe.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Well said Auntiemike:-)

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I agree, well said Auntiemike.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Emily talks a lot about having more kids. She doesn't impress me as someone who would be too thrilled to raise a child that wasn't her own. I also see her as someone who is very protective and wouldn't like it very much if her potential husband corrected Rikki in any way.

Glenn

07-05-2003

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
If I were one of the bachelors and felt like Emily was the person I wanted to be married to, I would have to be having a discussion with her about adoption. Emily says she wants more children but I would have to know how Emily feels about Rikki having a different last name from the future siblings. I would like to see how she answers this question.

It seems young people have a hard enough time as it is to fit in and having a different last name from your brothers/sisters would not help. I hope one of the guys has Emily answer this before the show ends.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Glenn, I think adoption would be off the table for Emily. She has talked all season long about how she wants to get pregnant.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
FYI- the contestants for Bachelor Pad have been announced...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/14/bachelor-pad-3-cast/

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I believe that Glenn was saying that she might want the man she marries to adopt Rikki so that they would all have the same last name.

However, one can have biological children as well as adopt. I just mentioned it above as a way to "fill in age" gaps, if that is truly an issue. Of course, that being said, no one should adopt unless they felt in their heart that this was the right decision.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Wilson. Interesting that they are now having super fans. Will they be able to break into the clique of BAch contestants?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My money is on Ryan Bowers being the "Mystery Man" from Emily's season. He is total BP material!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Bachelor Pad is my dirty little secret. I actually love that show, but always feel like I should shower afterwards. I actually like Erica Rose and felt sorry for the way they all ganged up on her last year. I hope she has a better time in the house this year.

Don't like the addition of the "super fans" at all. Didn't they have enough Bachelor/ette rejects to fill up the house? I think the others will consider them "outsiders" and boot them pretty quick--unless of course they happen to be gorgeous identical twins. Oh wait . . .