TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through June 12, 2012 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I thought it was telling when Ryan was already pitching himself to be the next Bachelor.... He knows how to look out for number one. Can we say "shallow" and egotistical and self-absorbed? I am so glad that she sees through him. I'm sure he'll be kicked to the curb eventually and he won't even realize why!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Please let it be Ryan who gets kicked to the curb next week! Please, please, please. The Bachelorette recap on ew.com says of Ryan, when he's talking to Michael about wanting to be The Bachelor: Augusta, "you may want to set your sights a little lower, pal -- I think your destiny as it relates to this franchise can be found under a wooden bunk bed on season three of Bachelor Pad."

And she also noticed Jef's crazy knee socks. Who wears knee socks other than 10 year old girls, baseball players and those hunky Scottish guys with their kilts?

ETA link to the Bachelorette recap: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/bachelorette-season-8-episode-4/

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ryan stood a foot away from her as she gave him his rose.

What was up with that!

He thinks he will be the next Bachelor !!! Bwahahahahahahaha

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Don't read iffin you don't want to know who gets kicked to the curb next week.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Kalon gets kicked out

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Personally, I don't find Arie particularly attractive. However, beginning with that very first kiss, and every one since, the physical chemistry between him and Emily, imo, is electric. I find myself almost blushing, and all they are doing is kissing.

Arie actually reminds at times of Ryan (as in Tristan and Ryan) in how protective he feels towards her, and he has that same sweet, gentle, in love look when he talks to and about her. I have no idea how this is all going to play out, but for now, I am kind of liking Arie for Emily.

I totally agree with Dogdoc. I wasn't going to watch as I thought Emily would be the most boring bachelorette ever. But, she is turning out to be one of my favorites.

Love that she is smart enough to see through Ryan's game. Good girl! She's way ahead of most of the Bachelors and Bachelorettes. I'm not sure how long it is going to take, but I am trusting that she will eventually boot him. (Hopefully, before Arie kicks his behind.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, you should have put that in the spoiler thread, cause you KNOW I can't resist looking when it's here!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I resisted!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
me too Dogdoc....I hate to be spoiled...so never look...lol

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of sad that we didn't get to see much of Nate or Michael before she "kicked them out" ... I know they only have so much time .. but they could have had less of Ryan (we get it already!) .. so we could at least get to know Nate and Michael ..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I resisted the spoiler too. And agree -- I don't feel like I know anything about Nate or Michael. And I was sad to see Charlie go. Physically he wasn't my type, but he sure seemed like a nice guy.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H's blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 4
by Chris Harrison
"It was a bittersweet week for Emily and the rest of us as we left the friendly confines of Charlotte, North Carolina and started our trip around the world. I can’t thank the folks of Charlotte enough for rolling out the red carpet and showing us such genuine hospitality. ..."

There is a link at the bottom to Emily's blog.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
hilarious blog

ASHLEY SPIVEY’S BACHELORETTE BLOG: EPISODE 4

"Wow. Is this even a competition anymore? At this point, it seems to me that many of the guys are becoming more and more unlikable, we aren’t learning enough about them, and Arie is by far the front-runner!"

The captions on the pics are very funny. You can find links to the previous ep blogs at saynotocosmo.com.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
From Ashley S's blog:

" Ryan decided to make his hair more aerodynamic today to help their chances in winning."

LOLOL!!!

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen "Burning Love"? It's a web show that's a spoof of the bachelor. It's absolutely hilarious. The bachelor is a fireman and says "Will you accept my hose?" when he picks the girl. It's 7 minutes long, easier to endure than the 2 hours for the real show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They are in London and the first 1on1 is with Sean. Emily asked him how many kids he'd like and he replied "I haven't given it much thought". He's adorable but I think a bit immature or giddy in love. Emily is hoarse. Jef gets the second 1on1 and the rest get a GD. They have act out scenes from Romeo and Juliet. Sean got the first rose on his date.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Romeo and Juliet was fun to watch. Arie had to dress up as a woman. Kalon was obnoxious. The rest of the guys had a good time. Doug also had to dress up as a woman. Emily and Arie are sneaking kisses. The guys on the GD are talking about Kalon saying Ricki was "baggage". Kalon does not deny it to the guys and said he meant "responsibility". Doug told Emily what Kalon said and she is furious.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Emily threw Kalon out on his butt. He couldn't deny what he said. Emily is pissed at all of the guys because no one told her sooner. She feels betrayed. I think Kalon said it to Jef and Arie. She doesn't give a rose on the GD, tells the guys how she feels and leaves the GD.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Alejandro doesn't get a rose.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I kind of felt bad for the guys that Emily was so mad that they didn't tattle. We've watched season after season where someone tries to tattle on another contestant and the Bachelor/ette doesn't appreciate the tattle at all -- it ends up making the tattler look bad. I can't blame the guys at all for keeping quiet.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It seems that Ricki will always come first with Emily.

I agree with you Brenda, tattling can be a childish thing to do.

Emily is making this whole process about Ricki.

She said she wants more children soon so they will be close to Ricki's age, but it is too late for that.

Ricki is not baggage but she is a responsibility and she is the focus of Emily's life.

I don't see this turning out well. The men have to prove they can love Ricki.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Dogdoc. It certainly didn't work out well for the women on Ben's season when they repeatedly warned him about Courtney. Jake was warned about Vienna, etc. etc.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yep, Ricky is already 6, so her siblings will be at least 7 years younger, probably closer to 8-10. 'Experts' say that kind of relationship is different than a sibiling that's closer in age,once you cross that 5 year mark it's a whole different dynamic. Emily wants more kids, and that's great, but using her child needing siblings as a reason is not a good one IMO. She's young and she has every right to want more kids just because!

I agree, I don't think any of these guys are going to measure up for her. She's putting a lot of pressure on them.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The daughter of a friend lost her husband in a work accident.

They had a 3 year old son when he died and she was 3 months pregnant.

I don't know if it is still true, but if she re-married she would lose the Social Security for the kids.

She never did marry the her boyfriend because of that.

I guess Emily and the in-laws are able to provide for Ricki.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's just me, but I thought Emily was expecting too much from the guys. They did try to deal with it amongst themselves (i.e. they had her back). But, she didn't see that. I thought she came across as very needy during that segment when she had to 'talk' with all the guys about it. It could have been the editing, but she would say she was moving on, then she would still talk about it. It was not a quality that was very becoming.

I get the feeling like she's trying to 'act' in a lot of her conversations with the guys. It's just not all that convincing or real to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby was watching with me and he agreed that guys don't "tattle" on other guys. Not that they would really consider it tattling, but they would just figure that's between the guy and the girl. I thought Doug was cutting his own throat by telling Emily what Kalon said. It usually doesn't go over well at all. It was unfair of Emily to be mad at the guys for not telling her. The only one she should have been mad at was Kalon, who wasn't much of a loss anyway ("I'd love to hear what you have to say after I'm done talking." Really???!!! I would have booted him for that alone.)