TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through June 05, 2012 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I understand where Emily is coming from with regards to the "compromise". It's really about attitude and viewpoint. OF course I have given things up in order to have and raise a child, but when I look at her I don't think about how much money it's cost me, or how I've lost my freedom or my dance hobby, I think of how lucky I am to be a parent, how much fun we have doing x, y, z, how much richer my life is. I can understand wanting to find someone who feels that it would be a privledge, not a compromise. I'm sure she appreciated his honesty. I think it is a tall order to enter a relationship when there's already a child there so her caution is wise.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think someone who is on the road for weeks at a time is vastly different than someone who works full time but lives in the same house and that is a far cry from being "joined at the hip".

And while people of course adapt to the husband or wife being on the road that is a bit of a stretch for starting a new marriage, IMO.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it may not be one person's definition of ideal, but if they started off their marriage with the traveling then it would be their normal. people marry people in the military knowing they will be deployed shortly afterwards. it doesn't mean they are wanting a part time spouse.

Cindye

09-20-2008

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindye a private message Print Post    
Here's my take on Alessandro. He is from Brazil, hence he speaks Portuguese. Commitment in Portuguese is "compromisso". Me thinks he was trying to say it would be a commitment. Poor guy! Wrong fit for her, so not a big deal he left...but still, I don't think he is a bad person.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I, too, think it was a matter of semantics with Alessandro. I hope he understands the "compromising" situation he was in with his language/communication skills. He wasn't right for her but neither is he a bad person....just unable to express himself in a way we are used to.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone said he's a bad person, but I don't consider him a great dating or marriage candidate. He did admit to cheating, which I guess is good that he's honest, but I'm not sure I'd ever expect him to remain faithful.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I worry more about the men who cheat and never admit it. And, there seem to be plenty of them out there; they just have to admit it when they are caught!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I really like Emily this season and admire her decisions so far. She seems to have so much confidence than she did with Brad, and the baby voice isn't nearly as bad. I really like Chris and Sean so far but can certainly understand her attraction for Arie. I cant imagine that she wouldn't have known who he was through the racing world.

My friend thinks Chris Harrison is in love with her and that is why he is getting divorced . . .

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
My point about Alessandro was Emily kind of took him as a bad guy. She could have just not given him a rose. He would have been just as gone:-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that she just isn't going to keep a guy around for the drama of a rose ceremony if she knows he needs to go. I wonder if we'll see more of this.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I'll be suprised if she really lands up with the right guy. I don't know why, but I find Emily to a spoiled kind of gal. She seems to be hard to please.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't see her as "hard to please," but she needs to be careful because of her daughter. She's already put Ricki through one failed relationship with Brad. Her daughter needs to be her first consideration. I don't see her as being "spoiled." Yes, she has a comfortable lifestyle, but what's wrong with that? Seems to me she's doing a good job of providing a stable home for her daughter, whether or not she gets help from her parents or the Hendersons. Doesn't matter.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I can't believe I wasn't going to watch Emily as the Bachelorette, and now she is my favorite one ever.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Ryan goes tonight.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
It is the Hendricks. I watch a lot of NASCAR and see Rick Hendrick (Ricki Grandpa) winning a lot of races.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I just googled the Hendricks. Ricki's first name is really Josephine after her father Joseph whose nickname was Ricki. It's a really interesting family and boy, are they rich. I wonder how they feel about Emily looking for a step-father for their granddaughter on TV? I think if Emily is looking for a husband and step-father for her daughter, you don't pick a stranger who you know nothing about such as back ground and family and friends. I am surprised the providers of her life style would allow this. Just my humble opinion. No boos and hisses please!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow you're not kidding they are rich. Emily does have a lovely lifestyle.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
"you really should eat kee no uh it's good for you"
took me the longest time to realize he was talking about quinoa. LOL

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Seems to be a lot of discussing or wondering on how Emily lives so well but my wife and I were discussing this the other day and it crossed our minds that Ricki was actually her father's closest next of kin and therefore, unless there was a will that specifically laid out different arrangements, would have inherited his estate. No telling how the family had organized their personal and business interests but Ricki could be a very rich little girl and her mother would her guardian. You'd assume safeguards exist to make sure she doesn't abuse that role but she could still provide both of them a very nice life. The other thing we caught was a couple of shows ago the show was at the Greenbrier in West Virginia and we thought Emily said something about her family coming there during the summer. Assuming she indeed meant they vacationed at the Greenbrier from time to time then I'd say her family wasn't exactly poor as the Greenbrier is a relatively expensive resort hotel. Just thinking......

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One article says she met her fiance (apparently at age 14 or 15) when her parents and his were buildig homes next to each other in the Florida Keys. So perhaps her parents are also well off.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Gldnlvr, your friend has me thinking about Emily and Chris Harrison. He does seem to admire her.

I wonder if ...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, I got the impression this season that Emily had grown up fairly well off. So, it seems she's been used to the good life for a long while, not just since her fiance's death. I wouldn't call her spoiled. She seems more grounded than that.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. She acts like someone who is accustomed to being well off but she doesn't act spoiled. There is a difference.

In general, I'm finding Emily infinitely more likable than my admittedly low expectations for her as a bachelorette.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My estimation of her went up when she was talking to Chris Harrison. She's no dummy. She knows Ryan is trying to manipulate her, but she's still intrigued. Ryan cannot possibly be her final choice, since they're showing him in such an unflattering light. Please let him be the one she kicks to the curb next week. Calling her daughter "baggage"??? Who would be stupid enough to say that?!

And can I just say, really Jef??? Shorts and knee socks (blue ones!) at the Rose Ceremony??!! I know it was Bermuda, but seriously???

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Ryan reminds me of Joey, from Friends (Matt LeBlanc). He says the most ignorant things and then I realize he's not kidding and he means it. LOL

I'm glad Emily said she sees through him. It's hard to watch when they don't see how much they are being manipulated and fall for it.

Ryan cannot possibly be her final choice, since they're showing him in such an unflattering light.

Well, they did it last season with Courtney. She was shown in a very unflattering way. I don't think Ryan will be her final choice, however. :-)