TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through June 01, 2012 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
me too, this one seems to be less contrived and more in the 'real world'. i like she has her friends around her.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I think Tony left because they each knew there was no chemistry.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Chris had the first 1on1 and they climbed a building in Charlotte and then had dinner. On the GD the guys were grilled by Emily's friends and played with kids in a park. I think Sean made the biggest impression. Tony talked to his son and misses him terribly..Emily told him since there is no real chemistry to go home to his son. Sean got the GD rose. Arie went on the second 1on1 and they went to Dollywood. They rode some rides and Dolly Parton sang them a song. Emily was shocked to see Dolly, her idol. After dinner on the merry-go-round there was some serious kissing. At the RC Alessandro was a real a$$ and Emily ditched him. Kalon told her he felt the first child in a marriage should be his, but his mother taught him different. I have no idea why she kept him. This man is high maintenance, pompous..but cute. Since 2 already left she sent Stevie home.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
My opinion after the first show has changed. I am now starting to like Emily. She is asking very direct questions and is paying a lot of attention to their answers - she is picking up on every negative and watching their body language. She is quickly weeding out who should go, and for the right reasons. If she didn't have only 1 person to get rid of tonight, I'm sure Kalon would have been following in the limo right behind Stevie.
I find Kalon very strange looking, he looks like he has had major plastic surgery!! Not sure what it is.
I do see a major connection with her and Arie. I thought Ryan had good intentions at first, but now I am thinking he is in it for the game only. Time will tell.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Previews suggest Ryan is starting to emerge as a villain too. Hmmm.... I'm still liking Arie. Sean is growing on me. Chris and his "no one has a connection like us" stuff is getting old.

Allessandro was a train wreck -- how'd he get past week 1?! Kalon has Ryan Phillipe lips -- he looks like he's had collagen injections into them, but they could very well be real. It also looks like he has veneers on his teeth, but so does Emily, so I'm sure that doesn't bother her.

06-29-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Some posts have been moved. Please discuss or reference spoilers in the Spoiler thread. Thank you.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Can I just say that Jef has John F. Kennedy hair! No fear of him ever going bald.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I like Sean and Chris. I watched Arie in his racing days and did not care for him. I'm not liking Arie now either. He makes my hair on my neck stand up and not in a good way.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I don't care for Ryan and she said she thought he was so good looking, I don't really think he is. Not sure why I don't like him though.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't like him either. Seems like too much ego, too fixated on physical appearance. He's one of those macho hunk types. Not my type at all.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I initially liked Ryan but then thought that letter was a bit much. Now, it seems he may be playing to the cameras.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Not sure about Arie since the producer thing.
I don't want to read any spoilers.

Chris seems ok and mature for 25 but I think he really is too young for marriage to Emily.

Like Sean and Doug. He looks a little like Brad in a way. Even though Emily has a child, I wonder if she really wants a husband with a son.

<Added spoiler box - 77>

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Heck, I'll take Sean if she doesn't choose him. He's wonderful!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ryan lost MAJOR points when he told Emily that if she got fat, he would still love her but wouldn't love ON her as much. What a tool!

I think she's making good choices so far. All the guys she's booted either deserved to go (Allesandro needs to connect his brain to his mouth) or they just did not have chemistry. She was really sweet to send Tony home to his son, since they didn't seem to click and she would just be keeping him from his true heart to ask him to stay. Good for her!

It's really funny to watch this show with an amateur (DH). He says things like, "I thought she liked that first guy. Why is she going out with him?" He doesn't quite get the way this show works.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I was skeptical but admit I am liking how grounded Emily is and how she is truly going for a complete connection, not just a "lust" connection. I think she is being wise and gentle in her approach. I think even the "rejected" guys will walk out of there liking her.

She seems to be pretty intuitive and able to send home the ones that need to go. Hope her good sense carries her all the way through an she makes a good, lasting choice. She and her daughter deserve some happiness.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
After the last ep, this has become one of my favorite seasons. She really means business. I like the real life stuff and lack of glamor.

I also like the way she says "Charlie".

I'm not finding her boring like I thought I would and somewhat did during the first ep.

I like how she told the dad (the dad that is still there) that she wants to get to know him more than just him being a dad. All we had ever seen from him up til then was him talking about being a parent.

I felt very badly for Tony. I think she did an excellent job letting him go. (with what she said to him)

This season feels very different than the other seasons. I like this formula.

I'm glad Shelley the egg is gone.

I like that she gave Ryan a bit of a hard time when he said the "fat" comment.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I know I may get negative comments and let me first say she was right in getting rid of him but I really think Alessandro didn't realize what he was saying was a bad thing. I think he was trying to say he would give up things for her but his wording was wrong. I think she could have just not given him a rose instead of sending him out like that. Let me say again she was totally right not keeping him but I think his intentions in the conversation were good. I am glad he is gone though. He is totally wrong for her.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I agree that she seems to be very serious about picking someone who is a family man and will love her daughter. She is coming across as sincere.

The one thing I wonder about is that she lives such an upscale life, I hope these guys have the $$ to keep her in the lifestyle she is used to.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Alessandro was being sincere and didn't think he was saying something bad or mean. He was basically saying that he was willing sacrifice some of his own plans in order to be with Emily and her daughter. However, Emily wants a husband who will want to spend time with her daughter without feeling he is making a sacrifice. And I think she is very wise to look for someone who feels that way.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
relationships are compromise. When you love someone you make sacrifices for them. I sacrifice a lot for my children. I don't live the same lifestyle I would if I did not have them... Yes, it would be nice to have the extra income, yes it would be nice to have the extra freedom, yes it would be nice to not be the taxi driver... but I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Alessandro just did not phrase it well.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If it is something you want to do then it isn't a sacrifice. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was interested when Arie mentioned travelling and she basically said she liked that idea, to have her husband NOT around all the time, so sounds like she wants a part time husband and dad, or at least when she was talking to the race car driver.

And wanting the guy to have his own life is good but would she really move elsewhere. She has a nice life and support where she is.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
She isn't going to move. She has a wonderful life with family and friends. Just my thought. She looked so sweet with Arie

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think just because you don't want to be attached at the hip to your spouse means you want a part time spouse. My husband and I have been together 32 years and I couldn't imagine being together all the time!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absence does make the heart grow fonder! If your husband has to travel for his job, then you deal with it. I think most wives enjoy a little time to themselves when they can get it.

Jimmer, I think most parents sacrifice for their kids. There are lots of times I'd like to buy something for myself, but I don't cause my son needs something worse. He comes first. Always. I think most parents will do without for the sake of their child. It's a sacrifice, but a willing one.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess I just prefer not to think of it that way. I'll never tell my kids that I sacrificed for them. But I understand.

----------------------------------

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or is it out of sight out of mind?!?!?

(Just being silly. )