TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Emily - General Discussions: Archive through May 16, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure who you could be referring to.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ya know how I said I was not going to watch Emily.

I was wrong!

There are some cute guys. Nate Doug and Arie for starters.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
How does she remember all the names of the guys she is picking?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We'll be watching for sure as well. Too late for tonight though but probably tomorrow.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
"stunning"....DRINK!

Oh, this season will be different with less boozing.

I thought Kalon acted fine. It was Stevie who started up with him.

Rumor had it that she had the producers cast a waiter she met and liked. Can't figure out if he is there (fake occupation) or not.

I like Jef and Arie. Glad she got rid of the two oldest guys. Did they really need to cast a 41 yr old with 6 kids?

Rejected: Brent, Jean Paul, Randy, David, Jackson.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten just how young Emily is. SO young. She must have been 19/20 when she was widowed and pregnant. Around 24 when she was with Brad. And now jus 26. Has she ever gone to college? Does she have any kind of career or work?

I honestly found myself quite bored and distracted about half way through. I couldn't even make my pick for who I liked. I found several of them quite annoying. I hope next week is a bit more entertaining.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I watched tonight but I'm not sure if I will make it through the whole season. I found it a little weird that she still gave her name to the guys that came out of the limo saying "Emily". I found her boring on Brad's season, so I hope to see a little more spunk from her.
I guess I will gave her another week and see how it goes.

Sunrvrose

08-13-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunrvrose a private message Print Post    
This is the best season I have looked forward to for a long time. I think Emily is the real deal and is looking for a real husband.

I always do notes as soon at the season begins, and most of the ones I liked are still there.

I really hope that Emily maintains her dignity and doesn't go kissing a lot of frogs.

For me, the two front-runners at this point are Arie and Alejandro. I also like Nate and Tony. Like a few of the others, I think she actually kept the good ones.

I am really looking forward to this season. Just really hope she maintains her composure and morals.

I guess I am really hoping for a Trista happy ending for Emily and her little girl.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I won't be able to tell them apart for a couple of weeks. Did she keep the guy from Seattle that has a 6-year-old son?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think she did Lexie

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Forgot it was on. My DVR may have caught it... if it isn't already full of other shows I haven't watched! I'm with you, though, Lexie. I can't tell them apart for a long time.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Lexie, he is the one she gave the first impression rose to.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all, I fell asleep a little bit during the cocktail party and woke up when she was giving out the roses.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Rslover: "stunning"....DRINK!

LOL! While I was watching I thought if "stunning" was the drink word I would be drunk by now!

I was embarrassed for the guys that did the gimmicks during introduction. Are they told to do these antics by producers or are they their individual ideas? It was like watching 10-year-old-boys. But, of course I kept watching : - )

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Tony, from Oregon (the lumber guy) is the one who has the 6 year old son. He did not get the first impression rose. There is another guy with a 12 year old who got the rose.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
sorry, my mistake

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
The first impression rose went to Doug. He has an 11 year old son. The son wrote Emily a letter telling her about his father. Very sweet.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Emily is head of a Charitable Foundation at a Children's Hospital which was set up by her fiance's family who are very wealthy. Look at the home she lives in. She is the mother of their grandchild.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
it will probably boil down to which guy can keep her in the style to which she is accustomed. I've never seen a 26 year old live that kind of a lifestyle......high maintenance!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I have to wonder if his parents will continue to fund her lifestyle if she marries? Are they still giving her money? Or did she just get a big chunk of life insurance?

When I was watching and seeing the established careers of some of the guys, my first thoughts were that they are not going to want to move to be near her. Is she willing to move?

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
When Emily accepted Brad's proposal, she knew that it would mean a move to TX so she must be willing to relocate.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We saw how far that one went. Not very!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
As I recall, her parents are no slouches in the money dept. either. She and Ricky met in Key West where their parents had vacation homes. She does work at a charity in Charlotte. If the Hendricks contribute to her living circumstances (which I'm sure they do for their only grandchild) I would think they would continue to do so, at least for Ricki. She's all they have left of their son and I'm sure she's adored.

I was embarrassed for some of the guys with their cheesy entrances, but I'm sure the guys were encouraged to do whatever they could come up with. I'm glad she kept Ari, the race car driver. I liked him. I also was happy with some of the other guys she chose, too.

It appears they will be traveling, but Ricki will be coming along so I don't know what the big deal was about being centered in Charlotte. It sure doesn't look like it's all being filmed there.

Hopefully, it will be a good season, but who knows? It was encouraging to see one of the previews where she throws one of the guys out. She had quite a bit of "spunk" there!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ricki would have also been an heir to a lawsuit in the death of her father. Most insurance companies would handle the settlement in the form of an annuity for the minor child up until the age of 21 or 25.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Per The Star (I got a free copy on my Kindle Fire) Doug, the single father of the 12 year old has a hothead past involving his former girlfriend (mom to the 12 year old) and a gun. Misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment but he took a drug/alcohol and the charge was dismissed. Could just be the Star being the Star, or not.