TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: Archive through March 16, 2012 users admin

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I give Ben props for not wanting to hear dirt from the other women too but then he can't turn it around and say, well they never told me specifics.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Ellen tried to warn him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v1yzElq7NDg

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
a twitter from Bens Sister

Julia Flajnik ‏ @JuliaFlajnik
Soo happy to have an amazing future sister in law, love you two together! @BenFlajnik

(I copied from Sucks site.. have no clue if this is real or not)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Most. Disappointing. Finale. Ever. And boy was that ATFR uncomfortable! I agree that they brought Ashley and JP out to lighten the mood. Ben and Courtney were definitely a downer. I don't expect them to last very long. "Future sister in law," my backside!

Cinnamongirl, thanks for that clip from Ellen! Too funny!!!

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the AFTR. I believe the Oscar should go to Courtney for her portrayal of "The Victim".

So is there a TVCH pool yet for the ending date of this relationship?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Apparently Lindzi was at the ATFR taping, but after all the drama with Courtney and Ben, they just couldn't fit her into the show. At least, that's what Chris Harrison says. Chris's blog:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/13/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-finale-after-the-final-rose-blog/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
As I recall Emily and whats his name- The Bachelor from Austin broke up and got back together and broke up again in between the season finale and ATFR.That too was a very uncomfortable ATFR. As I said before, Im just not feeling Emily as The Bachelorette,I think it will be boring.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I like Ashley and JP. Well, I really like him and while she seems a bit goofy and immature, I think he gives her stability and makes her tolerable.

I missed Lindzi. I always like hearing from the spurned!

I believe I like Courtney better than Ben. She kept me entertained and I do think she may have seen herself and been a bit embarrassed, but I think she somewhat owns her behavior. And I don't really like the crying bachelors. I can tolerate the women, but when it is the men I never find it believable. Not that I have major issues with men crying....just not on tv. And not when they are dating me either. OK, maybe I have minor issues with men crying.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Lakecat - yes, I remember that Brad and Emily were barely talking at the AFTR and they were doomed after that.

I don't remember Jake/Vienna on the AFTR but I remember they did a show with Chris Harrison a few months later and they were hating on each other.

Oh I miss Trista and Ryan type shows!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well of course there was the switcheroo with the guy with the cute son up in Seattle. THAT was an awkward show.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yesitsme - I wondered about Ben crying too. I think he's been under such stress with everyone saying he's an idiot for picking Courtney that it's taken it's toll. I mean, after watching the show, he broke up with her he was so unhappy with what he saw. He's probably doubting himself and wishing he could start over.

He's obviously extremely attracted to Courtney but I think he's torn. If they are in love, they will make it, but so few on this show do. JMHO

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm going to post before I read anyone's posts.

I actually enjoyed the finale. While I thought Ben would probably pick Courtney, I didn't know for sure. I think they producers did a good job with this finale. The scenery was GORGEOUS and I enjoyed seeing his love story with each girl. Even Courtney.

She went up a little in my book. Just a little. I still fear she does not really love him. I hope she does.

Ben gained some of my respect back. When I saw his tears when he saw his mom and sis and especially when he was on ATFR with Courtney and he cried saying that his proposal is now soiled...I really do think he loves Courtney. I forgive him a little for his extremely disrespectful skinny dipping.

I found him to be real and true. I now think he really was there "for the right reasons".

I still have strong doubts about her, but if she really does love him / is in love with him and plans on spending her life with him...I think these two could make it work. I really think they have a shot at lasting.

They say you like people because of things, you love in spite of things. I think he loves her in spite of her bad behavior.

I actually like him better that after her saw her bad behavior, he broke up with her. Well, not that he broke up with her, but that it bothered him and that he was totally not ok with her behavior.

I do feel bad that he abandoned her.

I am so surprised I feel this way.

I have changed my mind about Ben re thinking he is uncaring. I now think he is very reserved and serious quite a bit and just doesn't show a lot of joy...or several other emotions. I think he feels them. I think he is kind of a typical guy in that sense.

I don't think he was a great bachelor. We couldn't even really see the love story for the whole season because of his inability to really show a connection with others. Not that there is anything wrong with that normally, but it doesn't make for a happy audience for tv.

I still don't really like Courtney, but I hope she's learned and changed and loves Ben because he isn't a bad guy and I think he is very much in love with her.

I could be really wrong, I know.

I feel awful for Lindzi. I hope she is over him. Or at least that it doesn't hurt so much. I am interested to see if there are any interviews with her. I hope the skinny dipping (as mad as it probably made her) helps/helped her to get over him. (it is so much easier to be mad than heartbroken)

Now, I wonder how I'll feel after reading everyone else's posts and blogs and interviews. I wonder if I'll change my mind.

I enjoyed seeing JP and Ashley. They seem like a good couple who will stay together. Ashley isn't my favorite, she's a bit perky for my taste, but that is better than the opposite. (I actual find her pretty delightful and really enjoy positive people in my life. I'm surprised I don't like her more. I don't dislike her, but she just isn't my favorite. And normally I really love perky positive people.) I wish we'd get to hear JP speak more, but I did enjoy seeing them.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Lindzi was on Live with Kelly this morning and Kelly introduced her as the luckiest lady around. Her husband Mark was co-host and he asked her if Ben's hair bothered her at all, because it really bothered him. She seems to be doing very well. As for her asking him to call if it doesn't work out, she said that it was meant as a joke and they both laughed about it, but they cut that part out. Who knows, and so sorry, but I still do not buy any thing that Courtney says and I think that the two of them deserve each other, but I bet we will hear very soon that they are no longer together.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Just watching the part where he sent Lindzi home. At least he didn't make her sky dive out of the helicopter to go meet him!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, that Ellen clip is hilarious!!! I love Ellen - thank you for bringing it over.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
These are much longer than what I posted below. Really great to read that she is doing so well. This interview covers a lot.

part 1

part 2

Interview with Lindzi by Reality TV World

Lindzi Cox talks 'The Bachelor,' Ben Flajnik & Courtney Robertson (Pt. 2)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 03/14/2012

Lindzi Cox was rejected by The Bachelor star Ben Flajnik when he selected Courtney Robertson as his final bachelorette and proposed marriage to her during Monday night's sixteenth-season finale broadcast of the ABC reality dating show.
During some of your prior interviews, you joked about Ben's new haircut and Courtney being on a short leash. Is there any bitterness there or do you just have a strong sense of humor?

Lindzi Cox: Yeah, I've said this whole call that I'm really happy for them and I really do wish them nothing but the best. That was joking. Personally, I don't love Ben's haircut, but it was all fun and games.

What new haircut?! I didn't notice anything different about his hair at all! Same bad hair!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ellen in the helicopter was hysterical. Thank you Cinnamongirl.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Happymom..Glad to see someone else likes Ben. Read my post 3/12@9:03 PM. Ben is Ben, nothing pretentious about him. I only wish them happiness.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad this is over! LOL. I never even watch this show, but had to tune in to watch cause of Monica.

Besides her plain old nasty disposition, I'm even more grateful I don't have to watch Courtney pawing her hair, flicking her hand up to her mouth (looked like a classic "cover up a lie" mannerism), and all the other mannerisms that made me want to handcuff her hands behind her back just to keep her hands still. LOL.

I need to get this one off the DVR fast before I get sucked into another one! LOL.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Jag, I enjoyed your spoiling. Thanks. I do like him ok. In spite of his skinny dipping. I wish them happiness too. I just don't think he is that good of an actor to be able to cry during ATFR. So I believe his emotions were very real. I agree, definitely not pretentious.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Say it ain't so. Just heard on Extra rumor has it Courtney will be on next season's Dancing with the Stars. Yuk!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
You have got to be kidding me!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Unless Monica's on that show, I won't be watching. Can you imagine what a total (self modded) she will be to the other contestants. She doesn't exactly strike me as graceful and elegant either.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Do you mean the season which starts next Monday? How is she going to work on her relationship and trust issues with Ben iffin she's dancing?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She'd probably be paired with Mark.