TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: Archive through March 13, 2012 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Can't sleep due to the time change so I watched Linzi on Kimmel.

She talks FAST, so this is just my impression, no direct quotes.

She thinks Ben is a nice guy but felt he did lead her on a bit. She's in a good place now, happy with the way things turned out, wishes Ben and Courtney well. It sounds like she's quite interested in being a Bachelorette. Said she'd like to have the opportunity to choose from 25 guys.

Jimmy asked about the overnight fantasy suites and she didn't answer but seemed embarassed.

She looks good -- much less harsh makeup -- less eyeliner and her hair is more brown, looks more natural and very pretty. She seemed to be completely over Ben.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmy just read the spoilers, which had the actual final four.. not so amazing that he came up with them.

If they stay together and both want to do that, I have no problem and I sure am not invested in seeing anyone crash and burn.

Maybe Good Morning America will actually reveal something more

<snort!>

I WAS surprised that Lindzi just started jabbering when she went to meet Ben on the mountain.. why say more until you know what he is going to say? A little disappointed that he didn't stop her but I suppose he was flashing back to his proposal to Ashley..

Oh, yes and ick to the facial hair at the proposal and it is worse on tonight's show. He really needs a hair counselor.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I agree about the facial hair. Why do men think it looks good? It just looks like they were too lazy to shave for a day or two. Either shave or grow a real beard/moustache, or whatever.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Seamomkey, I agree about Lindzi and her jabbering being annoying. Ben couldn't get a word in edgewise.

I know Ben just wanted to get the words out about not picking her.

I wonder if it was really cold there and that is why they had enormous capes on. The girls must have been freezing.

I hate the drama of the helicopter landing and a foot and leg emerging and gracefully touching the ground.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ben could have stopped Lindzi. I would have thought he would have more understanding and compassion after what happened with him and Ashley. And Ali was so kind and caring to Chris in comparison. I really like her for that.

I was shocked at how favorable Ben's family was toward Courtney. Their mannerism when meeting her was initially so negative.

It was an ugly and unsatisfying season all around. I certainly agree with Sea in not wishing them any harm but they'll never be a beloved celebrity couple. That ship sailed a long time ago. Ugh.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't hear from Ben's mother and sister last night. Courtney clearly lied to everyone about her problems with the women and misled everyone to believe it was a just difference in personalities. I would like to know what his mother and sister think - especially since Courtney's mother and sister were totally trashing Ben in the tabloids less than a month ago.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think it is really telling that Ben and Courtney "split up" during the time the show was airing and he really got to see a side of Courtney he didn't want to believe existed. He also got to see that maybe she didn't "try" quite as much to get along as she professes. Talk about breaking trust!

What bothers me is that he walked away from her at a time that he should have supported her, if he loves her so much. I can totally understand why she doesn't quite trust him yet, even if she is the one whose actions broke that trust. I think he and his family finally got to see the truth as we saw it about Courtney and it was hard to take. I am confused about the sudden change of heart of his mom and sister too. It went from skepticism to full blown acceptance in too short a time.

I am so over the "model" aspect of this whole show. Good grief. Even his family had a reaction to the fact that Courtney was a model! What's up with that? Who cares?

I wish them well but am not impressed by either of them. Let the next train wreck begin.....

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
and I see it as... Why is Courtney so upset that Ben walked away? Did she think this was going to be easy for him to actually see the "other" side of her. SHE broke the trust AND humiliated him and he left. Now HE will pay for that... because she can't trust him

I would love to have heard from his sister & mom but knew we weren't going to.

You know, they probably will make it, they've certainly been thru a lot and maybe it will bind them even closer. Ben fell hard for the model and I think hes got a lot of work ahead of him. A girl that doesn't get a long with girls and has trust issues with men (all said by her) could be trouble for easy going Ben.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I know I'm in the minority, but I feel bad for them. I give Ben credit for sticking to his own feelings instead of how everyone else wants him to feel. Ali was labeled a mean girl for telling Jake what she thought about Vienna, but this time around people were cheering on the girls telling Ben about Courtney.

Sometimes you just can't help who your heart loves. I do think that they at least have feelings for each other. I wish them well.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gumby, I never thought Ali was a mean girl for warning Jake about Vienna. In fact, I gave Ali props for walking away when she said any man that would go for someone like Vienna is not the man for her. I would have loved to have seen half of these girls walk off the show.

Auntiemike, I suspect production probably had something to do with his mother's and sister's quick acceptance of her.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Ben said that none of the girls ever told him the things Courtney was doing.. that they just said she was weird and different...thats CUZ he wouldn't let them say much, he totally shut Emily down with "tread lightly" and don't spend time on someone else when you should be concenrating on us.. he was not open to hearing negative things about teh one he already loved..and they were maybe trying to put things nicely to him that she was a completely different person to him..

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I also suspect that production probably had something to do with Ben's Mom and Sister's quick acceptance of her.

It was telling that the show ended with Ashley and JP - I think they were trying to make us feel warm and fuzzy and knew Ben and Courtney weren't doing that for us.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that whole "tread lightly" thing really ticked me off. As far as I'm concerned, Ben totally brought this on himself and has no one to blame but himself. The rest of the women were probably in fear of saying anything because they were afraid of getting sent home.

Now, on the Bachelorette/Emily front, I just happened to sneak a peek at pictures of five of the Bachelors for her season... while sometimes people look different in pictures -- all I can say is "hubba... hubba... hubba..." Three of the five are really handsome and the other two aren't bad looking either. Judging from the bios of these five, it looks like most of the men will be executives or businessmen. So far, there are no "male models" or "country western singers." There is one guy that has or had a band, but it looks like it is just something he has dabbled with while holding down a real job.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
While they might appear smitten, (I will not say "in love") I am sure the producers have encouraged them to keep it together, as well as tone down the disapproval of Ben's family. This ATR seemed like such a set-up. Why would Chris be holding the ring unless Courtney had given it back? Surprised Lindzi wasn't there. I wanted to hear some of the publicity surrounding Courtney's recent ex and the comments her mother made about Ben. But, of course,the producers wouldn't do that. I will be surprised if they make it to the altar.

Regarding Emily-I heard on a podcast that she met a waiter she liked and told the producers she wanted him on the show.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Taking a while to catch up. Watching WTA right now on On Demand. The previous episode, when she was "apologizing" to Ben about her relationship with the other women, what really bugged me the most about Courtney was how she was constantly petting herself. I know it was more of a nervous tick, but I just wanted to tie her hands down and keep them out of her hair. It made me want to scream! LOL.

Oh, and she does a pet peeve of mine. When she talks she ends almost every sentence with the sound of a question mark.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's possible Rslover - I was just going off the bios of the five men that are known for Emily's season.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I wish Courtney and Ben all the best. I hope they stay away from the web and interviews and just surround themselves with those people that know them best.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
More on WTA. The outtake clips they showed of Ben. Gee, he was actually loosening up a bit! He looked like a totally different person in just those few seconds of outtakes, as compared to the stiff and boring guy he came across as during the show.

Oh, and I'm so glad I don't have to see any more adventurous dangerous things he makes the women do to have them prove they are ready to "jump into a relationship" with him. I guess that means he thinks being in a relationship with him is dangerous, and he has them prove they can do dangerous things? I dunno. I see he made mostly Lindzi do that stuff. Did he ever make Courtney do any of those things?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To be honest, I did not watch the whole thing, but at one point, Courtney referred to not wanting to cry on tv and "wiping or dabbing" her eyes. For the life of me, I could not see any tears or semblance of tears. On the other hand, there was a point where you could definitely see that Ben's eyes were welling up.

I think Ben felt used by Courtney when watching the tv show back. Courtney may not have been able to allieve him of that feeling in their phone talks. I kind of feel sorry for both of them, but they did agree to go on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As I remember it in the past it was fairly common that during the airing of the show there could be rough times for the couple.. some got over it and some didn't (and of course most don't last anyway) but it seemed to be common that even the most solid of the couples had the chosen one having a hard time seeing their chooser with the unchosen ones on the fantasy dates and the comments about loving them. So this season it is even less surprising there was a rift.

I do give Ben props for not wanting to hear all the dirt from other women and wondered if his sister WAS prompted by production to bring up the subject of "was there a girl who didn't get along with the others?".

We certainly don't see the whole meeting with the families so maybe she just won them over.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think she did win the family over. She told them she really tried to get along with the girls but that many of them judged her, so then she put up her wall and didn't try any more. That she regretted that. She painted a perfect, inaccurate picture. She's pretty good at that kind of manipulation.

And no, Ben did not want to hear specific examples, so very weak of him to blame the girls for not giving specifics. He shut Emily down, he didn't probe for more, even when he saw how courtney acted at some of the rose ceremonies. Sometimes we just see what we want to see.

And yes, Seamonkey, I think many of the couples have a really hard time when the show is airing for 2 reasons -- seeing everything that happened when they weren't around, and also being kept separate from each other. Tough situation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On GMA... wow she needs to step away from the bronzer and/or tanning bed. Nothing really new. She claims her saying to call her if it doesn't work out was just her joking.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... she's joking now that she may become the next Bachelorette. But is was so pathetic to hear her say that at the FRC. She came across as very desperate.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Well although it was hard hearing her say "call me".. I understand where it was coming from... she loved Ben, he just dumped her and shes hurting bad. I'm sure her head was spinning & she wasn't thinking straight. It was a stupid thing to say and I'm sure she regrets it, whether joking or not.