TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: Archive through March 08, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Escapee, I'll ask you. Do you think (as I do) (or has Monica said) that for the most part these girls are totally over Ben?

For the record, I think because Ben came off as such a dirtbag this season, it was heavily edited to make it look like the women still cared about him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How was it heavily edited? The women were sitting there at the WTA talking about him. They said what they said.

- Nicki still interested.
- Kacie still wondering what SHE did wrong.
- That other one practically throwing herself at him.
- Blakely wondering why she was rejected.
- Plus no serious criticism of his actions. Mostly concern that he is making a mistake.

Earlier in the season, I was amazed at how many of the women came right out and said that they love him. Normally they circle around it but don't say it.

I know Monica is Escapee's SIL but the fact is that while she was entertaining in the part she did play in this she had a very peripheral role in the show. Neither her nor Ben were remotely interested in each other.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I think it is a bit harsh and overly critical to criticize Courtney's body. My goodness... I bet that if your son brought her home and she had a wonderful personality you would be able to describe her as attractive.

I don't like the way she acted towards the other girls and I am guessing that she has had botox on her lip (??) it did seem to be even fatter at the WTA... But she is an attractive girl. YOu might not think she is top 2% or Cover Girl material... but I don't understand how you can say she is not attractive.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Well, I didn't see her as some great beauty...but in my oh so very humble opinion, your personality makes up about 90% of how you look to others. So if you aren't a great beauty, but you are a beautiful person on the inside, you're damn right people are going to think you are gorgeous. Same is true of the opposite.

Bonbon, there's nothing special about her. She has no softness to her, she's very angular and she makes constant weird facial expressions. I don't see the attractiveness. On first glance she isn't a total woofer, but she's no beauty in my eye.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think part of the reason these girls fall so fast is because they already "know" Ben from watching his season. I think it's easy to start to fall for someone that way. I know I got all excited seeing Reid on the reunion segment. So, that foundation has already been laid and they tend to fall in "love" faster.

Courtney's mannerisms are what make her physically unattractive. She may photograph well, airbrushing doesn't hurt either. LOL. But Ben seems to think she's a knockout, so that's what counts.

I have to wonder if the ladies at WTA were told they could not ask questions about courtney or Lindzi since the final rose hadn't been handed out yet??

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
We come in all shapes and sizes maybe you prefer a more curvaceous figure or a rounder face.. less angular figures... But that does not mean that Courtney is not attractive girl.

Escapee.. there is "nothing special" about 90% of the population... But I would hate it if we thought that only the top 2% Cover Girls were considered attractive.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jimmer wrote, and my responses are indented:

- Nicki still interested.
Yes, she IS still interested.
- Kacie still wondering what SHE did wrong.
Doesn't imply she is still in love.
- That other one practically throwing herself at him.
No clue who she was but whatever.
- Blakely wondering why she was rejected.
Again, doesn't mean she is interested.
- Plus no serious criticism of his actions.
I do think much of this was cut.

I think the show was very heavily edited. They lost a lot of time with all the extra baloney, that they couldn't show a full show with the women. Add to that that I would expect the women were not necessarily all that nice to Ben or to Courtney. Showing us only one tiny comment about the skinny dipping event definitely proves that there was a lot of editing.

I very closely watched the women's faces as Ben came out, and as they showed Lindzi's and Courtney's segments. I didn't see love on anyone but Nicki. I saw relief on quite a few women.

What I DID see was some emotion at the fact that they were showing Lindzi definitely falling in love with Ben, and Ben definitely doing something with Courtney.

I think most of the women were pretty glad that they were not the one left with Ben. What I think is that the women were wishing THEY were having the fairy tale but that they were thinking Ben no longer fit the part of the prince.

You, of course, can believe what you want. But I strongly disagree that most of the women still have strong feelings.

As to the one who offered herself up if things didn't work out with the finalist? That just smacked of some serious desperation. Maybe she thought that BEN paid for all the lavish vacations?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
there is "nothing special" about 90% of the population

Wow, sad statement. But again, your personality makes up most of your appeal, beyond first glance. Why can't you just take my word that "I" don't think's she's pretty/beautiful/attractive? I just don't. I didn't right away before she opened her mouth. I wouldn't choose this to lie about. To each his/her own.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
The thing is about these shows, and people like Courtney in general--we want her to be punished for being a mean girl. She probably won't be. She'll continue to be desired by men and has probably suffered about as much as she's going to from the fallout from the show. Sometimes life isn't fair. I live in New York and see lots of vicious pretty girls get ahead. No one cares if they are bitchy. Especially men. Reality bites, but it's the truth.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I certainly can take your word for it that you don't find her attractive. That is fine. ... But that does not mean that she is not attractive. Heck, I am not attracted to David Beckham but that doesn't mean he is not a good looking guy.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I don't know how many times I said "I" didn't see it. "I" don't see the beauty. I cannot see through other's eyes. Not being attracted to someone and someone not being beautiful is different, very much so.

I don't see the beauty. I see plain Jane, ho hum, and a nasty disposition.

As to your statement that 90% of the population is nothing special. Well, I just have to very much disagree with that because everyone is something special and beautiful to someone else.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
As to your statement that 90% of the population is nothing special. Well, I just have to very much disagree with that because everyone is something special and beautiful to someone else.

Well that was actually my point. You said Courtney is 'Nothing Special and no beauty in your eyes' ... I was trying to say that you don't have to be "Something Special" to be beautiful. Take a look around your airport or community center... lots of regular people who are beautiful moms, sisters, daughters.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Holy crackerjax........TO ME.....IN MY EYES.......I DON'T SEE IT.

So when people say she's obviously beautiful.......no, she's not obviously beautiful. That was all I was saying.

and FWIW I don't have a son.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am not attracted to David Beckham but that doesn't mean he is not a good looking guy.

Bingo!!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
FWIW, I never thought Courtney was all that when I first saw her, and was surprised that she was known as a "model." She doesn't have the walk for a runway model and she's not that pretty on TV. To me. Then round about episode 3 when her really ugly personality came out, I realized that not only did I not think she was was pretty, I actually started to think she was quite ugly.

As to whether she's now received all the backlash, no, I don't agree. I don't think she'll be hired on some jobs because of her mean girl personality. I think some of her prospective future employers will have seen this season and will not hire her specifically because she is difficult to work with and/or doesn't play well with others. I also don't think that she'll be as successful with men in the future, especially if those men have women in their lives (friends, sisters, and the like). I think she is toxic and I think a lot of women will agree, and if they have any loved ones, they'll set those men straight.

Of course, there is always the man willing to put up with anything just to get laid. And to him, I say, you get what you pay for! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm with Jimmer.. she has a look that will appeal to some. I think she looks fine and could pick apart most of the other women, but why? Beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder.

Ben got a huge pass with all the venom time for Courtney and then time for Shawntel.

I think with them being allowed to vent about Courtney what several of them want is for Ben to say he should have sent Courtney home and then to say, he should have kept them. Some are still wanting to compete and win (Courtney wasn't the only one).

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Another fun Ellen youtube..

http://youtu.be/dTPFP34yfag

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ellen's the best!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Gotta LOVE Ellen! Hilarious! I wish she would have thrown in some fake tears at the end.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
Love you Ellen!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Courtney has classic model looks. She is very slim and her face is angular and she stands out. You may not find that look beautiful but I see it in a lot of modeling work. One reason is it is a good face to work with when it comes to lighting.

FWIW, I think that all of the women on this show are physically more beautiful than average. Take a look around at some of the people at your local grocery store and Starbucks and tell me that half of those people are as PHYSICALLY beautiful as the women on this show (or even Ben). They put good looking people on TV for a reason.

Anyway, as Sea says, I'm not about to start critiquing the appearance of each of the women on The Bachelor.

(By the way, I do understand why some people don't like Courtney's looks and of course her personality hasn't helped to say the least.)

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Courtney has that ethereal kind of beauty--like Alice Krige or Roma Downey. I think she's stunning. Shame she had to say things like "how's that taste in your mouth?" and other nasty bon mots. Rarely does someone's ugly side stick out so glaringly on a reality show. Hopefully she'll put the brakes and think before she speaks in the future. I think she was just more overtly competitive than the other girls--and always winning, according to her, so arrogant on top of that.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I showed my husband a picture of Courtney and he also saw her on the show briefly. I asked him if he thought she was pretty. He said...no, not pretty, but attractive. If you watch Top Model, most of the girls are not "pretty" but attractive and interesting. It's Courtney's facial expressions I find unattractive.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And her personality! If she was a sweet, nice girl, then she would appear more beautiful to most of us. I am also of the mindset that inner beauty is reflected on the outside. I wouldn't say she's ugly, but her nasty personality definitely makes her less attractive.

Sia

03-10-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I didn't feel that Courtney's tears and remorse were real, mostly because she didn't really seem to have any real tears. I categorize that as bad acting, same as when a soap opera actress (e.g. Ali Sweeney or Dierdre Hall) gasps between words for dramatic effect, speaks breathlessly, or artificially tightens her voice--like Sami when she's angry on DOOL--because she can't work up real emotion. Bad, bad acting. Courtney's mean, makes strange faces--particularly that bird-beak-like look she creates with her upper lip all too often--and she says cruel, hurtful things to people. I find her extremely unattractive in terms of her personality, and I find it unlikely that she's chosen for modeling gigs based on her personality. Like soap actresses, Courtney is very thin, physically fit and, most importantly, FITS THE WARDROBE that the show has on hand. I think Courtney would find success as a soap-opera actress in a role of a spoiler, one who is written into a plot in order to break up a beloved couple. Let me say that I don't want to see Courtney show up any time on "Days of Our Lives," because I'd hate to see her take a job from another actor whom I actually like. I wouldn't care as much if she went to a soap on another network, since I don't watch those shows.