TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: Archive through March 07, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That may be it. I know some here don't accept it but it seems so evident that Ben made a lasting positive impression on so many of them that has continued long after the show's conclusion. They've certainly had enough time outside of the show's bubble to have changed their mind and many of them haven't changed their mind even after being rejected and having had the opportunity to watch the show. He obviously must have done something right.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I've often said that the person who loves least in a relationship often has the most power. Ben, obviously loved the least (if at all) and left these women fighting for what they thought they were losing/couldn't have. Rejection is a hard pill to swallow.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Happy, the first thing I noticed was Ben coming out and saying "welcome to my nightmare." I thought that was rude and quite unfeeling towards the women. And yet one more reason why I'm not a fan of this man. Even if he didn't mean it as it came out, it just shows he's totally oblivious of anyone else's feelings.

Jimmer, there is also the "fame and fortune aphrodisiac effect" that I think is in play here. I think that one girl who got kicked out early has that problem. I don't know why Nikki is still under Ben's spell. Kacie B clearly isn't and just wants to know what SHE did wrong. I absolutely think Kacie is glad she didn't get far, just has a little girl's wanting to know why thing. What Escapee said... about rejection being hard to swallow.

I cracked up at the replay of Kacie B crushing Courtney's black widow spider, and the little corner shot of the girls (five or six of them) imitating that smack! I wonder if they planned that or if that was just one of the things they all cracked up about whenever they got together.

Either way, I don't think Ben got the publicity he desired for his winery. I still have never heard of his winery and honestly, I'm not going to go out and buy wines because some guy who acted like a himbo went on some reality show, got rejected, got his own chance to pick the girl, and picked the cruel girl who acted like a bimbo and who only wanted to "win" the game (and thereby increase HER chances of publicity). I think these two (Courtney and Ben) will find out soon enuf that not all publicity is good publicity, and that sometimes really bad publicity will, in fact, alienate people. Courtney's fake professions of abject sorrow notwithstanding, the girl has done nothing to change anyone's opinion of her. And the only time the crocodile tears were shed was when she was talking about a backlash to HER family. Not when any of the girls were talking about how THEY felt when she badmouthed THEM.

Sorry Courtney. You're just not that good of an actress. And honestly, the only reason you made it this far is because Ben is thinking with his penis. He's managed to confuse lust with love. Let's see how far lust gets the two of you, in a relationship, OK?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I dislike Ben's act of skinny dipping more than I dislike Courtney. I really wish they had confronted Ben about that. Or showed that part of WTA. That was what I was most looking forward to and I'm very disappointed.

Me, too!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
All I know is what I saw and I was very surprised about how so many of them seem to be still interested in Ben.

I think it's just a case of wanting what you can't have. Unrequited love and all that. Since they didn't 'win', they continue to idealize the beloved and don't see them realistically. Pretty normal human emotion.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
One thing that I think we haven't talked about is how Courtney said she "cared" for Ben (past tense) and then paused and added "I still do."

Past tense. I wonder if that was for real or if the producers had her do that. That part actually seemed for real to me. I don't think she was supposed to use past tense.

I don't care much for Ben. But I agree with a lot of what Jimmer says. Quite a few of the women seem to still think he's great, are still into him, and even if they have moved on emotionally (certainly Emily really was falling for him and has now moved on), I think they really did like him for him and not just because he was the bachelor and they were supposed to fall for him and were in a setting conducive to that. (with all the fantasy/thrilling type dates) He must have not been edited that great and also just doesn't come across as that great. But he must be better in person than he comes across on tv. Maybe he is just not really good for being the bachelor because he was so guarded about telling the women how he felt or indicating that he had feelings for them because he was told by the producers not to give anything away. Maybe he was just too focused on that part of his job. And he wouldn't be the first guy that is not good about communication. :-)

Anyway, he obviously made many of the women feel that they were special. But we didn't get to see it. Previous bachelors have been much better at showing that side of themselves to the camera without giving too much away.

I feel like it reads that I am contradicting myself. I am not feeling particularly articulate. Somehow, they felt cared for even if we couldn't see it.

Not that I really even care about all this so much. :-)

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
There's no denying that Courtney is beautiful and has an allure about her. I didn't really watch the show, but not surprised Ben chose her. Guys just don't care when they fall for someone. He'll have to experience that nasty side himself (and directed towards himself) to really get it. And maybe then he'd still be a whipped puppy for a while. We'll see.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
There's no denying that Courtney is beautiful and has an allure about her.

I think there is seriously something wrong with me, because even before I realized how ugly she was on the inside, I didn't see the beauty at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think a few of us were looking forward to the women thoroughly lambasting Ben and telling him off. Not only did that not happen but instead some of them appear to still be crazy about the guy. Sure there is some aspect of wanting what you can't have but surely that should have been counteracted by their opportunity to see the entire show and the passage of time. As Happymom has suggested, it seems clear that they saw something more in Ben that some of the viewers here didn't see.

For example, the fact that Kacie still wants to know what SHE did wrong is kind of sad but very telling. She certainly isn't telling Ben that he did something wrong.

I agree that there is no way that Ben, Courtney or his winery will get any good publicity out of this if that was their intent. Though we may see more of Courtney in the future because a lot of people seem fascinated by bad behavior.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Maybe he's got a pants python.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Courtney has a unique look. You either like that look or you don't but you often see successful models who have a look that makes them stand out from the crowd.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm with Escapee... I never thought Courtney was really beautiful at all. Not really even all that great looking. Maybe she is prettier in person? I don't think she even has a unique enough look to really be a successful model (and she's not really all that successful now, is she?).

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And Happy, yes, I did notice that little bit about "cared" and "I still do". I thought it odd. And forgot to say something cuz there was oh so much more to talk about!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm with Jimmer.. she has a look that will appeal to some. I think she looks fine and could pick apart most of the other women, but why? Beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder.

Ben got a huge pass with all the venom time for Courtney and then time for Shawntel.

I think with them being allowed to vent about Courtney what several of them want is for Ben to say he should have sent Courtney home and then to say, he should have kept them. Some are still wanting to compete and win (Courtney wasn't the only one).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
surely that should have been counteracted by their opportunity to see the entire show and the passage of time

Yeah, but women, young women in particular, always believe he will be different with *her*. :-)

Yes, many of the women said that Ben made them feel special. Yet they don't seem to recognize that many of the women said that. He made them all feel special, which means that their perception that there was something special about their own relationship with him was not real. So they want that feeling special again, not necessarily "Ben."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think Courtney is a very attractive woman (as long as she doesn't open her mouth). And I have said this a hundred times - had Ben never been on The Bachelorette/Bachelor - never in a million years would someone like Courtney give Ben the time of day. And Ben knows it.

Costa, I don't know how successful of a model she is but she did a magazine cover in Puerto Rico right before this season started. I should have saved the picture of it and posted it. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the magazine - but she was on the cover.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
What Ben has done with these last few women is justified cheating, IMO.

And let's face it ladies, we all know if he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Now answer this for me: if so many of these ladies still "love" Ben (for whatever reason) then why does Ben think he is in a nightmare? He said, "welcome to my nightmare".

Most women are all about emotions and Ben is emotionless, at least on this show. Hard to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

For the record, Courtney has a nice figure and her hair is fine but that mouth. OMG, her mouth annoys the heck out of me! And, her childish mannerisms and behaviors....yuck. Nothing pretty there.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
| | that is Courtney's figure. There is no softness, no curves, nothing. What's the appeal?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lexie, occasionally getting the cover of some random mag (especially not one in a prime location such as the US or Europe) does not a famous model make. I modeled in countless runway shows and I never considered myself a model. I also created voiceovers for a few commercials, and never considered myself an actress. And I never "slashed" my career (writer slash actor slash model). :-)

P.S. Just googled it. Fitness cover, and she was a last minute replacement. That was the first time she'd modeled, in April 2011. And she did a couple of very small commercials. Sorry, that does NOT a model or actress make.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
She was on a ProActive commercial, making that god awful face of hers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Whenever Courtney smirks/purses her lips, she's lying.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
You mean she 'doesn't' have acne????

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike, the only one I thought that still cared about Ben was Nicki - but that could all be editing because they never showed the women confronting Ben or Courtney about the skinny-dipping sexxin' in Puerto Rico.

Jamie was the really desperate chick that told Ben to call her if it didn't work out between him and his final choice.

Kacie B. was totally over him.

Samantha could have cared less (BTW - when she left this season it was because she became involved with a married producer, but after the Roz fiasco ABC didn't air that part of the story).

We know Monica didn't really care for him.

I guess I didn't really see the girls being that hung up on him and maybe it is because the show was so heavily edited because of Courtney that we didn't see much else. I would have loved to have seen a show of hands as to how many would have walked off the show if they knew about the skinny-dipping sexxin' in Puerto Rico.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL @ Escapee...