TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
What stops me from creating 2 accounts?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Help!: F.A.Q.: What stops me from creating 2 accounts? users admin

Admin

Saturday, April 14, 2001 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Admin a private message Print Post    
Attempts to create more than one user account are against the TV ClubHouse Rules.

There is nothing preventing a user from getting another user account with a new name except the need for another email address, which we all know is not hard to get. All accounts require approval from the TV ClubHouse, but if the person signs up as a housewife from Texas with a dog and a minivan who likes Boot Camp and Big Brother, I will okay it ya know? If they have a name like 'Asswipe' and say they hate TV Shows and kill dogs for fun, their request will not be approved, ya know?

It's a pretty hard thing to control, but we can control the persons username. The chat that is available here is a separate database and I have no control over that, it's a free service and unless we're going to pay $1000 for our copy, we're stuck with it.

The only option would be to require users to pay a fee to join or require some kind of validation, such as mailing in their application along with a copy of drivers license or something like that. That does not seem practical to me and would surely kill the ClubHouse quick.

It's my experience that most people are happy with one user account and enjoy developing their users personality and getting to know others in the same way. Having more than one account only confuses their ability to enjoy the site and offers no real benefit except for some perceived idea of 'beating the system' or 'playing head games' with others. These people get bored fast and disappear, leaving behind the honest people that are genuinely happy about the relationships they've developed using one username.

As always though, I recommend reading the sections on PRIVACY and everything else in the Rules and Policies area.