TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Viewing RP: Archive through July 13, 2010 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
so, I am not sure I understand if bbviewer can be used with windows 7 (it does not list it)? Also...I am reading the comments on the download site and the first few say it has a virus...???

Luvbbplayers

07-14-2006

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 2:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvbbplayers a private message Print Post    
You literally saved my summer with this viewer. The volume control slide so much easier, no constant "loading" message its GREAT! only prob i had installing was having to open IE as administrator and log into real.com account and then all worked great ... THANKS

Closetfanfour

07-11-2009

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Closetfanfour a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:50 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so, I am not sure I understand if bbviewer can be used with windows 7 (it does not list it)? Also...I am reading the comments on the download site and the first few say it has a virus...???

Any responses to this? This sounds quite concerning!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 2:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It works with Windows 7. With respect to a virus, I scanned it with Norton and it didn't pick up anything and I'm sure Naja scanned it with something else and didn't identify anything. But you always use all programs at your own risk. LOL - The way it works, sometimes I think Microsoft Outlook is a virus.

I can see why you are concerned with those warnings though. Some people may have had a problem with the site.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There is only one thing I bet those people mistook for a virus. When you install the FLV player, it wants to install yahoo toolbar to IE. You really have to make
sure to UN-check yahoo toolbar during the FLV player part of installation like the instructions say to do.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just learned a new trick for the newer player. Focus on a cam and you can toggle between hiding all controls and displaying all controls with the tab key.

Oh, and by using the wheel on your mouse, you can quickly rewind or FF.

Skootz

07-23-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skootz a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much Naja -

Debra

11-20-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, Jimmer and all. I am going to give it a try.

Thanks also to Bonza for keeping us updated.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
One niggling thing about this new program - I have my laptop connected to my tv in the bedroom, using it as a 2nd monitor so I can watch the feeds on the tv, and read here on my laptop - but whenever the feeds go a bit wonky and repeat a bit, the viewer jumps back to my laptop screen, and I have to move it back to the tv

weird...not a biggie, just a bit of an inconvenience

I still love it though! It's far better than what Superpass has!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FYI, I hooked up the speakers and now I have a good sound level. The only problem is there is some sort of weird buzz with the speakers. Now if they would only fix the reverb and echo, LOL, it would be great.

I am going to try that bbviewer tonight when I get home. Maybe we should put that link at the top of the page so it doesn't get lost.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Does it only work with IE? I only have Firefox.....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer,Naja,Closetfan! I just wanted to be sure...I had been using BBviewer since it's inception (also the other viewer-forgot name) and loved it. When I found out that I could no longer watch the feeds with it, AND with RP, could not place the RP player on top, could not open different feeds, no rewind....I was not happy. This will be great! THANKS!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hypermom, I think all PC's running Windows have IE. You're welcome, Sincebb1.

Recent tweets from Real (read from bottom up). I think their priorities are a little mixed up but at least they are doing something.

# BigBroLiveFeeds

and permanent rooms. Our next work items are: Low bandwidth option Full screen pop-out player. Stay tuned 5 minutes ago via Seesmic

# BigBrother LiveFeeds BigBroLiveFeeds

Here's an update: Chat Room size will increase to 35 chatters in each room with today’s release. We are still working on the Friends Lists

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ok...I apologize for my dementia...but I downloaded the viewer,I set ie as administrator, I downloaded the launcher...I have a black screen when I open the viewer...and it says I am not signed in on superpass when I open the launcher (even though I am). So what should I try next?

Dawn

07-24-2009

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i had to close and reopen IE and log in to super pass about 5 times before it would finally click with the viewer that i was logged on. just keep trying!

Justin42

08-05-2001

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
Make sure you go ALL THE WAY to live video in IE before trying to use the Launcher. I've noticed if you don't go all the way to video it doesn't seem to work. (make sure you click through the 2257/age/explicit content warning)

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I have IE, it just doesn't work right. I can't use it to watch videos, see pictures, etc. Foxfire works fine though. I blame the Vista program. lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Justin-I don't even understand what you mean, when you say, "Make sure you go ALL THE WAY to live video in IE before trying to use the Launcher" LOL! I don't get any of the options you list... I open the launcher and I see a black screen that says to click here, etc. If I open the launcher (it opens separately)I see the quad feeds with numbers (no images) and when I click on that it tells me I am not signed in. I have tried to go back and re sign in to no avail. I also tried reinstalling.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, Justin means when you use IE to log into superpass, go all the way as to actually be playing the live feeds in IE. Not just signing in. Then launch a cam from the launcher and close up IE. You only have to do it once like that.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Naja...just went back to try again...nothing. But when I sigh-in I go straight from signing in to feeds. I don't get a content warning etc.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
and now after all that I have no sound on my RP! I think it is mad at me for trying another viewer! Well, I have to go to work now...hopefully when I get back you will have some sage advice for me! Thanks!

Jabelljba

07-07-2005

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jabelljba a private message Print Post    
Naja please check your PMs. I am so lost. Thanks.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I tried it twice and unistalled it twice...cant figure it out...I have no idea what toggle means or browzer this or browzer that'..I have Realplayer icon on my monitor and thats how I open it up...all's I got was a black screen...and now my computer is running slow...Im afraid to mess with it cause I dont know the lingo....ugggggg

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Chew - I am not using the new viewer but can advise you on one thing - do not use that old RealPlayer icon on your desktop to get to the feeds. It doesn't work for the feeds as of BB12.

I think folks here are using Internet Explorer + the new viewer to do all that is being discussed above.

Please, PC help needed for Chew!

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I sign in at superpass and it takes me to the feeds..I put the shortcut on the desktop and thats how I get there so I dont have to sign in every time... Am I doing it wrong...should I go another way...it works for me..its just small and with out all the extra's like befor...I never had problems till this yr...