TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General BBUK Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2008: General BBUK Discussion users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, March 28, 2008 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Here are some recent BBUK things:

DS News 3/26/08: Davina Remains BB Host, C4 Confirms

DS News 3/26/08: Konnie Huq To Replace O'Leary On BBLB?

DS News 3/18/08: BB Winner (Brian Belo) To Be Shakespearean Actor

Earthtimes.org Article 3/5/08: BB Star Liam To Run 4/13/08 London Marathon

The above article also mentions a fashion show for MS Liam will be in this weekend:

MSsociety.org.uk Info: My Style Fashion Show

Just Giving-Liam's Fundraising Page

21club.co.uk Pics: Friday 20th March Liam McGough

Centrecords.com Artists: Gerry Stergiopoulos

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 28, 2008 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does that last link mean that Gerry is singing? "Cent are now managing BB8's George???" They don't mean his art do they??

I remember Konnie Huq from Blue Peter, but it's hard to know what those people are like in real life, outside of best behaviour kiddie shows. It'll be interesting.

Great that Liam's doing such good stuff!

Thanks for all the links!!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I am so excited for this season...although i will miss Dermot greatly..having watched the disaster that is BB9US...I can not wait to get back to the UK version..or even the AU version...not sure when either of them start..guess I better do some research

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Regarding Gerry, the thought was that he being on that site had something to do with a book he has coming out, but I haven't found anything to confirm that yet. Also, I read that BB might start in mid-June, could be wrong though, anyone else read that? Here's some more articles.

Article 4/05/08: Shilpa To Do A Song With Abhishek, John

Article 4/02/08: Patsy Wows Charity Fashion Show (Liam mentioned)

Video: Patsy Wows Charity Fashion Show (Patsy & Liam on the runway)

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Liam and Zac were at a charity event on April 11th for teens with cancer (it's always nice to see someone as involved in charities as Liam is). Here's some links.

Some 4/11/08 Getty Images Liam & Zac

Article 4/11/08: Young Musicians Show Star Quality (charity event for teens with cancer)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 14, 2008 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
LOL, they've got their macho he-man poses on!!

I thought I saw that the new season was going to be a little early or late (can't remember which!) but I thought I read that link here! Found it:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother9/a93153/channel-4-delays-big-brother-9-launch.html

It starts June 5th, ends Sept 5th.

Nope, haven't seen anything more about Gerry's book.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, April 18, 2008 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Russell Brand (x-BBBM host) is in a new movie "Forgetting Sara Marshall" with, among others, Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars/Heroes). Here's a couple of clips of interviews with Russell and other cast from the movie.

Kristen Bell and Russell Brand Interview (added 4/14/08)

Interview with the cast of Forgetting Sarah Marshall (added 4/15/08)

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
This clip is Russell Brand on the Letterman show this month; he was very funny.

David Letterman - Russel Brand May-15-2008

And here are some various recent articles. If the first one is true, CBBUK will return; maybe Joan Rivers would go in, she'd be hysterical.

Celebrity Big Brother back on UK screens? May 13, 2008

BB star Liam is still very much in the limelight May 29, 2008

Big Brother: Show cleared of humiliating contestant May 27, 2008 (reference to BB7UK)

Ziplining across Tyne for charity May 18, 2008

Big Brother stars reunite May 19, 2008

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the links. That last article says Brian and Amanda split up!

I spoke to my mum this morning and she said she'd watched a "reality show" edition of The Weakest Link, and there was this girl "Charley" on it, from Big Brother who was "awful!" Apprently she got to the last round because the others were scared to vote her off (???) but she lost because she hardly answered a question right all game.

New season starts on THURSDAY!!!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
YW Here's another article about the MS charity event Liam was in, with a cute pic of he and Patsy from it.

Big Brother star in charity zipslide plunge May 19, 2008

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Liam is blogging on BB9UK for a publication. I'm not sure if it's actually him, and I think it's a rag, so who knows, but here is the link. Also, Liam and Zac did a radio show last Fri for the same publication.

http://www.heatworld.com/Blogger/43923

BB8UK's Ziggy and Liam on heat radio part 1 of 4 July 11, 2008

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Here's some articles.

Australian 'Big Brother' canceled July 18, 2008

Ex-housemates party with Brian July 17, 2008

CH4 BB podcast guest Brian Belo July 18, 2008

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The twins look different, maybe it's just the fringe on the one on the right. Stephanie with Brian!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
The angle of those pics makes them look like they have giant heads, lol, I wish I could find better. I think they were just at the same party, I don't think they are dating.

Here's and article about the final Australian Big Brother.

July 21, 2008 Big Brother celebrates final show(regarding Australia BB's last day)

I'm not sure what to say about a song, other than, "seriously?" And I'm not sure if the clip is forreal and I can't tell, maybe someone else can.

July 10, 2008 Basildon Big Brother winner Brian to release Essex Boy single

Brian Belo - Essex Boy (added July 8, 2008)

Maris

03-28-2002

Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jade Goody is going to be in Big Brother India.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 18, 2008 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jade Goody was the last one to enter the 'Celebrity' Big Brother India house last night. (They call it "Big Boss") Shilpa Shetty is the host of the show. I chopped out Jade's intro and entrance segment from the launch show in case anybody wanted to see it.

http://www.zshare.net/video/17236835992690bb/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 18, 2008 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jade has left Big Brother India. She had been in hospital a short while before getting there, and they did tests and have found she has cervical cancer. Very sad in someone so young. Even though I don't like her, I'm concerned that if it's to the point where it's causing symptoms it sounds like it could be quite advanced.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the whole tv episode that contains Jade finding out she has cancer and leaving the BB India house. Even if you aren't following the show, this particular episode is very interesting. I was even crying for her.

I had to reduce it to 320x240 WMV because the original capper is making the files much too big (500 MB for one show) and it would take forever to upload. It looks very good, tho.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83GQOS8Q

(if you don't know how to download from megaupload, just ask)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well Rex likely got himself nommed- that is if he doesn't walk (he's said if Nicole gets evicted Friday he's going to leave with her)- They won the task this week and got the luxury budget- but BB threw a twist into the shopping this week. He told Rex that the HG's have to pay rent on the bedrooms, and he had to pick one for the HG's. The normal bedroom was really cheap- but they wouldn't be allowed to use hair dryers or hair straighteners, etc. The luxury bedroom was about half their total shopping money- but they could use their hair products and stuff...Rex chose the luxury bedroom, mainly because Nicole said she didn't want to leave the house Friday with her hair looking a mess......

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
There was a DS notice that Liam's mum passed away on the 13th, there is an announcement here.

McGOUGH (Lanchester). Peacefully in hospital on August 13th, aged 59 years, Christine Ruth (nee Westerby), a devoted wife of Joseph, also beloved mother of Dominic and Liam. Christine will be sadly missed by all her loving family and friends. Friends please meet at All Saints Church Parish Church, Lanchester, on Monday August 18th at 11.00am, for service prior to cremation at Mountsett Crematorium. By request family flowers only, donations if desired to M.S. Society, M.S. National Centre, 372 Edgware Road, London, NW2 6ND.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Russell Brand was on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night Sep 3d, he was hysterical. He said he is going to host the VMAs on Sunday. Here's a clip.

Russell Brand Jimmy Kimmel Live Sep 3, 2008

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I thought this was an interesting article with the first ever winner of Big Brother, Bart Spring in the Netherlands.

Article Sep 4, 2008: Big Brother Stole My Life

Exerpt:
Bart, now 31, has spent most of the past eight years trying to recover his privacy and equilibrium, and has suffered five breakdowns in the process. He has grown to detest the vacuous celebrity culture, the adulation of talentless exhibitionists, that Big Brother pioneered. “This is the new opium, the new religion,” he says in an interview before the ninth season of the witless show ends on Channel 4 tonight. “I am not a fan of the programmes, or of people becoming famous for being stupid.” And of his role in the birth of a show that, in his view, led to a dumbing down of television around the world he says: “If it's true that I helped to create that mindless monster, I'm not too proud of it...Big Brother took away the need to make inspiring programmes and replaced them with mindless chatter. It's time to put it in a museum for weird artefacts of television history.” If he knew then what he knows now, Bart declares, “I would never have signed up”.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, doesn't seem like it was a good thing for him.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I guess this is the right place to put this...BB is going to "star" in a fictional horror series in the UK called Dead Set. Basically, zombies (although the word is never used) are popping up in the UK- but the BB cast doesn't know about it-until an eviction show where everything goes wrong. Now a BB showrunner, a BB producer, the remaining HM's, and some others need to work together to survive- which isn't easy knowing that BB casts people to delibrately cause conflict..

It gets really gory really quickly...and Davina ends up becoming one of the zombies!

Here's the website, with some pics and some short vids- I suspect it'll be available somewhere once it airs (it's a one-week mini-series from the 27th to the 31st- first ep is an hour, the other eps are a half hour)

WARNING- it's somewhat graphic, so those who are sensitive to blood might want to beware....

http://www.e4.com/deadset/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did you watch any of that, Wilson? I was thinking about it but didn't.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: