TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
"Final 6" Who best represents "The Ca...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2021: General Discussion: "Final 6" Who best represents "The Cause"??? users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 24, 2021Rieann25 08-24-21  5:51 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Standing with juJu.

I have a soft spot for Xavier's logical, careful gameplay...but Tiffany has made this happen and deserves the win. Then again, if all the players won who I thought were better players than the winners - I am STILL not over Danielle's loss.

Grooch, the doubles are bad but if it's a triple, as some are saying...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
If Tiff loses it will feel almost as bad as Danielle's loss. IF DF wins it will feel worse!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree with Seamonkey... this will be the only time this will be able to happen.

I'm confident that going forward the casts will continue to be diverse... CBS has mandated such. Also, I'm doubt that alliances will be based on race going forward... the Cookout Six are doing this for history... not only to ensure a minority winner... but they are the final 6... and the rest of house still has no idea it's happening. That is simply amazing. Future alliances need to take notes!

While we are getting a minority winner I'm afraid it's going to the more of the usual guy wins at the end... I'm afraid Tiffany is throwing her game away for a greater cause... which is sad because she could win if she would think about what is best for her game. Unfortunately she feels she can't play an individual game... she's putting her community first and that is something that players have not had to think about before.

I wish her the best of luck... any way Azah, Tiff and Hannah can get to the Final 3 would be fantastic... and, of course, Tiff for the win!!!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Love your post, Cass_cat! This is a very special (and important) year for people of color. Next season, it's quite okay to have a diverse cast and I hope that everyone feels comfortable enough to be able to mix it up.

Jade2

07-12-2012

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jade2 a private message Print Post    
IMHO, The Best 6-pact players in this game (in order) are #1. Xavier, #2. Tiffany, #3. Kyland, #4. Hanna, #5. Azah, and #6. Dereck F.

Xavier is smart and is a beast, and While Tiffany hasn't won a thing, she's guided this thing the whole way. Kyland is unpopular but he's played a very good strategic game getting done what he wanted rather than what others (including fans) wanted. To be fair, I don't think Azah or Derek F deserve either a win or a second-place finish as so far they are merely window dressing.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Friday, August 27, 2021 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Pooya (on Taran's recaps on RHAP - Aug 27th) gives a stirring defense of the cookout mission and their torn loyalties and their humanity. And Taran.

<3

Starting around the 35 min mark...

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I picked Ky and Tiffany as my top 2 before the season started and in my first "favorites" post and I really want them to be the final 2. I would probably switch the order to Tiffany then Ky after the season.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I agree with Juju, too!

I disliked Jun, but was happy that she won her season because it meant a person of color and a woman had won. Danielle Reyes really should have won her season, too, so I’ve been hoping Tiffany can pull out the win, though it’ll be very tough. At the very least Tiffany will be remembered as being as great a player as Danielle was.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was a huge Danielle fan and I was so disappointed when she lost. I was terribly disappointed when Kaysar was evicted in season 6. Those are just two examples that come to mind.

Jun wasn't one of my favorite players through the years but I thoroughly disliked the Season 4 dynamics and twist. I did think she was very deserving of the win and I liked her as much or more than any of the other houseguests that season.

I'm very happy with a person of color winning. However, I'm not as happy with how it seems to be happening.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Jimmer. I especially dislike how Tiffany is falling on the sword for the cause. This is her game to lose and right now is a major point for her to take herself further. It seems she won't. I don't think the men would do it for her.

Then again, I've not been able to watch as much this week, so maybe things have changed. That would be great if it has!

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
I have watched BB from the beginning. In fact looking out my office window I see Danielle. I quickly go out and told her I was a big fan and was rooting for her. Anyway, I am saying this with never getting the live coeds. So I am going off what production shows me along with going on here. I understand in the past POC odds of winning was stacked against them. However, I do not remember if any house guest came out on t.v. / live feeds and stating they were going to vote or not vote for someone based on their color. That’s the part that I’m not getting. When people are comparing the past and present.

Snogrl

07-14-2005

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snogrl a private message Print Post    
I’m here for Tiffany. I hope she survives the double and her and Hannah can make some headway. This week has been a turn-off with Xavier, mostly because he’s finessed making Tiffany a bigger target than she’s made herself.
My top 6:

Tiffany

Hannah

Kyland
Azah
Xavier
Derek F

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I do believe this alliance will go down in history as one of the best alliances in BB history. Having watched since season one, no alliance of this size has managed to stay so loyal to their group. Usually disagreements will cause the group to fall apart, or betray the alliance by telling others about it. The plus one idea was a brilliant move by Tiffany. It would be near impossible to duplicate what they’ve done because usually one person screws up a plan by running their mouth to the wrong person. I also agree alliances based on race have been happening for a long time, just never said out loud.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Mitch, sometimes it doesn't need to be verbalized.

quote:

Da’Vonne Dianne Rogers Raised fist
@DayDaVonne_

It’s like people don’t want to acknowledge that had I not won that veto last summer

It literally would’ve been

Bay
Kevin
Me
David

🗣back to back !!!

So don’t talk to me about racism Unamused face

8:38 PM · Sep 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

quote:

rosamar
@thericantarzan
Sep 5
Replying to @DayDaVonne_

And even Kaysar before that!

Chippy

08-16-2007

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
The brigade did the plus one thing didn’t they?
And people can make all the assumptions that fit their narrative from seasons past while ignoring the other variables in the house and in the game. I watched every season and had feeds for many of them. I did not see any collective effort to rid the house of a certain color although whenever a POC was evicted, the race card was in play on many forums. I can’t automatically assume intentions but I don’t doubt their not all good ones.

This season, it’s loud and proud and as X puts it, unapologetically so. And hey, If that’s the game ya wanna play, have at it but I’m gonna call it out for what it is with no assumptions necessary.

And Da’Vonne lost two seasons cause she’s black? I dare say that’s a stretch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sag, ITA! and no one had a clue about their alliance. Tiff deserves to win this season, the plus 1 idea was brillant

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 08, 2021 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tiffany for me! Hannah would be next choice.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    

quote:

Da’Vonne Dianne Rogers Raised fist
@DayDaVonne_

It’s like people don’t want to acknowledge that had I not won that veto last summer

It literally would’ve been

Bay
Kevin
Me
David

🗣back to back !!!

So don’t talk to me about racism Unamused face

It's a great point but she is also conveniently not mentioning that three white women and Kaysar (a very close ally of Janelle) were voted out first.

I'm not saying white people voting out POC doesn't happen systemically or subconsciously (or even deliberately). However, I also think that all hell would break loose if a group of white players were to publicly announce that they were in an alliance, consciously designed with the deliberate goal of voting POC out.

That said, POC have certainly been screwed over for years so this is just a tiny payback. It's just too bad that anyone has to win this way.

For example, I would have loved to have seen an alliance like the Sovereign Six prevail and Kaysar win season 6 that way. Or Danielle and Jason getting to the final two with their wonderful secret alliance, way back in season 3.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh just a note that a black person won this year's Big Brother Canada. :-)

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Completely agree Jimmer. There are many details left out conveniently over the past 20+ seasons.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Sure are but they don’t flit the narrative.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I understand the idea of working to make sure a black person wins BB. Where I think it went wrong for Tiffany was when it was decided they wanted all the CO, all the black players, to be the last in the house. Tiffany forgot that the men have always dominated the game with their ability to win all the comps. She didn’t calculate that the men would rally to take out the women first on their way to final 2.

She gave up the win and money when she was forced to leave X and Ky in the game.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As amazing as "the cause" was on this year's BB, the other awesome thing about the Big Brother Canada winner this year is he won BB Canada without a major alliance that was based on race.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 10, 2021 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It will be okay in the end, and it will still be historic when Xavier wins, and Tiff will probably be okay with it, and we will all still be wishing Derek X had won, and they will all go on to have wonderful lives. It's what we do.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 11, 2021 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
100% Juju. I love your post. It puts the whole game in perspective.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: