TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 05, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : General Discussion About the Upcoming Season: Archive through July 05, 2020 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Welcome Typecast. Hard to believe BB started 20 years ago. Of course I was just 5 years old. LOL. I've been at TV club house since the beginning. Can't wait to have BB return and bring a touch of normalcy to my summer. I don't watch feeds, but I read here and appreciate tidbits from those that do!

Typecast

06-29-2020

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Typecast a private message Print Post    
I watch live feeds as much as I can around work and family and housework and cooking meals...you all know the drill. Haha. But luckily, I work from home so I have a little leeway as far as my viewing time. Not a lot, but a little.

And the thought of BB Australia filming their season ahead of time then airing it is just sad to me. I mean, half the fun of BB is the live feeds and being updated from live feed viewers. I am assuming there are no live feeds for BB Australia.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Juju- nope, I was in grad school (working on my 2nd Masters degree so it’s even a bit older than you might think)..

And a possible good sign...they’re in pre-production it seems..

https://deadline.com/2020/07/big-brother-production-prep-construction-cbs-1202976673/

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Remember mega spoiler from twitter, Vegas for Real??

She says this is the confirmed list for BB22:

Vegas4Real
@vegas_4_real
·
8h
Police cars revolving lightCONFIRMED #BB22 CASTPolice cars revolving light

Janelle (BB6, BB7, BB14)
Eric (BB8)
Dani (BB8, BB13)
Dan (BB10, 14)
Brittney (BB12, 14)
Hayden (BB12)
Elissa (BB15)
Derrick (BB16)
Donny (BB16)
Zach (BB16)
DaVonne (BB17, 18)
Paul (BB18, BB19)
Josh (BB19)
Tyler (BB20)
Kaitlyn (BB20)
Kathryn (BB21)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I think that is mostly a good mix. :-) Just wish they had some folks from the first 5 seasons.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
And, Zach was a mistake. Suppose to be Donny.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
more guys than girls...hope they get rid of some of the guys first

I wish it was BB2 Dani. I also wish BB8 Dani's hubby was playing. He is so much fun! She is nice but he is life of the party during a few of the Reality Rally events they attended

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I heard BB3 Dani is playing ( although not on that list). An obscure reference from ED.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here’s an article ew.com posted on BB1- it’s got comments from a ton of people (including Jamie, which is surprising to me- she’s had the most success outside of BB with her cosmetics line and is worth over $400 million so I was thinking she might not have necessarily wanted to look back at that time)

https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-season-1-oral-history/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Nice article about a nice show.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing the Season 1 article. My friend and I had just been discussing the show.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I'm about the only one here who didn't enjoy the first season. I think it was because I didn't have the feeds. Also I didn't find TVCH until the season six.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Suuny, I did not love it either!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I loved Season 1 best. (I dropped the feeds when they began charging $$$.)

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I loved Season 1 as well, especially the week long challenges, the Chicken George walkout and the traditional dominoes build/knockdown.

Just saw this:
Vegas4Real
@vegas_4_real
·
49m
The house reveal is on Monday. #BB22

Typecast

06-29-2020

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Typecast a private message Print Post    
I just read the above article on Season 1. It's neat to hear what the participants think now, 20 years later. I enjoyed that season, but only saw all of it later. I started watching towards the end on its first run. But I was hooked.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
One thing I did like about season 1 and other early seasons, the week long challenges and food budgeting.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Saguaro for the Australia 2020 BB link, the house is awesome !! The players are funny! Thanks again!

Typecast

06-29-2020

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Typecast a private message Print Post    
Missyb, that list above is full of a good variety of people from many seasons, I think. 14 out of 20 is good. Wish there was someone from BBOTT.

And I do agree with you about the week-long challenges. Those were fun.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I remember season 1- and I also understand why it didn’t do so well here. Survivor had started just a few weeks prior, and it became such a smash BB was a bit of an afterthought. Compare this to the UK- there BB aired first, and became the hit immediately, and their version of Survivor (which didn’t air until a year later) was an afterthought- it only lasted 2 seasons.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I will always think of BB1 as the best season. The newness of the concept and the most diverse cast they ever had will always stand out to me. We had no idea what the hell this even was! Found TVCH the first week, and that was it for me. As much as I criticize it and complain about it, I’ve watched every season anyway. No other show has had this effect on me.

You guys at TVCH are the other half of this addiction. Without you, I don’t think I would have lasted this long. There have been several pretty crappy seasons. 🥴

I really hope the leaked cast list is true. A good distraction right now would be ideal. 🤞

Missyb

07-28-2004

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Im watching some recap episodes of BB over the top on http://bmx-tv.net/. That season is in my top 5 of BB seasons. So well done .

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
So I follow the Willett sisters on instagram and Johnny Bannas it seems Alex’s page has been taken over by morgan and Johnny. I think Alex may be on

Toolhound

06-22-2007

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Toolhound a private message Print Post    
I watched season one on a web tv unit before I had a computer. It was more like watching flash cards than a streaming video. After a few weeks I went out and purchased my first computer and have been a BB fan ever since.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Some interesting changes in Australia BB, the nomination challenges are awesome and the winner gets to nominate 3 people, and everyone can vote, even those on the block. There is no veto comp and so no chance to save themselves. The absence of the public makes eviction night less popular compared to the past. They are in a very secluded spot, the sea all around them, coronavirus may be out of luck there! :-)