TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Should I watch this year?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: Should I watch this year? users admin

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I have had a lot going on and have saved the episodes up with the plan to start watching this week...but I thought I would ask my peeps here if it is worth doing this year... From the little I have seen on the tweets that flash across my phone it seems that the alliance that is in control is pretty universally disliked.I have a tough time with that kind of thing...soooo...should I watch this year? I can't believe I am even considering not watching because if so it will be the first time ever, since Season 1.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched an actual show in more than 2 weeks, mainly because i hate these people.

I am still watching the feeds, but only because i want to be here when they start attacking each other...which may be soon.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched a single show.. in all I've watched maybe 20 hours of feeds the entire season.. but I read the threads here just about every other day...this is the least I have participated in any season by far.

Cliffcor

06-28-2011

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliffcor a private message Print Post    
This is the first year, from Season one, that I'm not watching. I watched the intro episode, and do read comments here, but no, none of the guest teams, (if there are any competing sides) are worth rooting for.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meggie, I think you should watch a couple and then decide.

I am hanging in for what is coming.. I hope..

But it sure is not a great season. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of long time fans are just tired of Big Brother at this point and have elevated expectations that will never be fulfilled.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I agree. This is the BB we will continue to get unless they get new producers.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I actually enjoyed last year and was in it til the end.

This season is the earliest I have been out of watching the show.

But that's just me.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I was just listening to RHAP and they hold Kassting a bit responsible. Brent points to BBOTT who was not casted by Robin Kass and what a great collection of people that was. At the time, not one "influencer".

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Last summer was a great season! This one so far is not as good. But, I will continue to watch every yr because sometime you will get a season like last yr.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes and we got to see so much more on feeds on BBOTT!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hi Meggie!!! the answer is NO!

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
And great diary rooms too, Sea. I wish they would do another BBOT instead of the horrible Celebrity ones.

Meggie, I always watch every season though I do enjoy some more than others. This one not so much but I'm still here.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
There are probably better things you could do with the time, Meggieprice. Unless it somehow flips around to where Cliff can win, it looks like a real dull season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But, if you watch I would love to see you here.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Monday, July 29, 2019 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Meggie, I think you should watch it and let us know your opinion because we miss your input!!

The more the merrier this season!!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I agree with Sea and Scuba - more/merriier โ€” I always enjoy reading TVCHersโ€™ opinions about which HGs they like/love and which ones they dislike/hate. ๐Ÿ˜›

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last season because the HG were interesting and fun. This year's cast is either dull or infuriating, and the twists are getting worse with each passing year.

Sunnyday is right. Until they change producers and Kassting, this is the show we get.

BBOTT was terrific, but since there's no TV revenue there, it probably won't happen again. Boo!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, I'm actually only watching the eviction shows on Thursday nights. My Sundays and Wednesday are reserved for Real Housewives, Southern Charm and other really good TV shows.

I don't keep up with reading the board as much so I really don't know much about these hamsters, who is in an alliance with who, and what is going on in the house.

I have been a critic for years about how this show has gone downhill thanks to Grodner and Kass, but they really don't care what the fans think. For the last couple of years, I would be "out" by week 4 or 5 because I absolutely hated the houseguests and I hated the twists. Now since I'm only watching one day a week, I'm not that invested enough to hate them - YET.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
As others have said, give it a try and decide for yourself Meggie. As is the case most seasons, I like some HGs more than others and find a couple of them unwatchable. But it is always fascinating to see what happens when a group of mostly strangers have to play a game in which only one person wins.

Bubbles_larue

07-07-2011

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bubbles_larue a private message Print Post    
I am watching, but many of these "reality" shows are filling their cast with people that are looking for FAME. The Bachelor and Big Brother seem to be 2 of the worse ones. The early BB houseguests were on for the experience and to try and win...NOW they are picked out of bars etc and they come on with big personalities to make it big. They're so bold, they even talk about it, boasting on how popular they will be. This is wrecking the whole format that BB started years ago. I must say, this year is the worse for bragging people looking for their big break. So sad! ๐Ÿ˜ž

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
OH, yeah - the 'fame' thing.

I don't ever want to hear the word 'Influencer' ever again in my lifetime.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or "manifest".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Meggie never even came back to see the answers

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, maybe she is catching up on all the BB shows on her DVR?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was starting to wonder if I was the only one no longer into BB, but this year especially I couldn't find someone to root for.
Last year, if you remember, right at this time it was more exciting with the 'hacker' twist and Tyler saved but everyone speculating who was the hacker and everyone blaming the one no one liked and eventually evicted that week, remember? It kept things interesting, but with this big alliance and some attitudes turned me off. I wanted to root for Jack but he doesn't have what I thought he had in the beginning. So I watch the tv show but always in a hurry and here I always get updates of what's going on before the tv show and so the interest for the tv show isn't as before. But I always like to come here and check things and I like some of your comments.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
LOL Pamy- you are right! Lots going on for me and my fibro has been bad-with its a ccompanying fibro fog-and today I remembered I posed this question... my DVR'd episodes remain unwatched and your resounding NO confirmed I made the right decision. However I reserve the right to revisit lol...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I posted that over 2 weeks ago and I just want you to know that you made a great decision!!! this season is one of the worst!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But, you are still watching...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm watching on fast forward...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: