TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ranting and disconnect from the show

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: Ranting and disconnect from the show users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 21, 2019Cillysue225 07-21-19  9:52 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
They need to have a geriatric version for us oldies but goodies out here. Donโ€™t know what the competitions would be. Find the dentures? Remember why you came into the room? The list could go on and on..........and on.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Govols

07-18-2005

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Jack, Bella and Jackson ruined it. To know our young people are so over confident with nothing to back it up. They are evil.
And, it P's me off Christie and Tommy know each other.
Fake TV. Just like all the Housewives stuff.
We have outgrown it.
But, I am still watching for Sam and Kat.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
CillySue, I quit when Danielle was robbed in S3. Skipped S4 when Jun won. Been my summer guilty pleasure ever since, but this is no longer fun. I keep reminding myself it's a mirror of our culture and unfortunately, our culture is in a tailspin at the moment. But then I think, the BB mirror is so distorted - rigged for shallow, superficial people to be players. Maybe if casting did a better job we'd see a better mirror? I dunno.

Nascarkitty

07-10-2007

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nascarkitty a private message Print Post    
All you have to do is look at the thread for last night's episode. 1 page, mostly by 1 person.
Our summer tradition has lost its charm, and die-hards like me keep watching hoping it will get better. Sigh.

Redhawk

05-23-2007

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redhawk a private message Print Post    
This is most likely my last season and the feeds. Iโ€™ve watched every year since season 1.The show has become stale and the hgs are just awful.

The number to call to CANCEL the feeds is

888.274.5343 (8am - 2am ET every day)

Snogrl

07-14-2005

Friday, July 26, 2019 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snogrl a private message Print Post    
Itโ€™s very rare I turn off the feeds, even in mediocre seasons but this year is different. Like a lot of people my two favorites left are Nicole and Sam. Thatโ€™s part of my problem - I need to like something about them to root for them. Whether itโ€™s great gaming or personality or, best case, both. This season stands with S15 as my most disliked.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Friday, July 26, 2019 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
I have only watched the first two nights of the show and canceled my feeds the first month......

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, July 26, 2019 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I have also watched since season 1. Didn't have feeds until later seasons. This year is the first I stopped watching the shows and feeds. Did it a couple of weeks ago. Really horrid season. Cast, gameplay, the comps, etc... all uninteresting to me.

I still keep up here, at TVCH, and that's it. Thank you TVCH'ers!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 26, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
To be fair, the show thread is often to spoil on east coast time for us in the west.

And the thread for the endurance comp was longer.

Slugger

07-17-2005

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Slugger a private message Print Post    
Glad I stopped watching. I can see it turned out as I suspected.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Ummm. Why are we reading July posts?

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
OOps, my bad wrong site. sorry

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
For the past 3 or 4 years I have found my interest waning after the 3rd eviction I blame it on casting and to a degree some fans. We get the same formula every year, a bunch of young people looking for fame, very few true fans of the show and feeds. A couple of douche bros, silly women that are looking for a showmances and the token older person. Then we have fans that want the Houseguests to play how they want them too whether it helps their game or not.
I keep wondering if my interest would come back if I only watched the show, no feeds or internet.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My husband only watches the TV show and he doesn't want to know what is happening on the feeds or Internet. He can't stand Cliff or Jackson.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't get the feeds until the first endurance comp, and canceled before the free week was up. Have seen most of the shows, but not all and have kept up here, but posted very little.
With Nicole not winning part one or two of the final HOH, doubt I'll watch the finale. Don't care who of Jackson or Holly wins, and don't care to see them gloating under the confetti.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Sunny, interesting observations. I have been feeling the same for some time. I listen while I am in my office but far less dedicated for feeling FOMO if I miss something.
It is too formulaic . And that is casting. One reason I found Nicole so captivating. She went across the typical typecasting.

Govols

07-18-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
When people like Holly and Jackson make it to the end, that's why I don't like this season. Watching someone not riding coattails, but riding Jackson to get to the end puts women back 40 years.
Disgusting really. Can't stomach Holly.

Govols

07-18-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Holly admitted knowing Kat. I also believe she knew Jxn.
Jack nailed it on day 44.
I hate BB for this.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
After so many summers of frustration with the BB players, I finally found my balance this year. I didn't follow as much and watched the shows in a hurry not caring too much about the players. Then just as it is ending I found that Jackson was worth watching, since he lasted till the end, when I was sure he would be long gone. So, when I see that a good player makes it to the end, it's refreshing and I hope it will end well, compared to other summers when it always ended bad, well mostly.

Worldtraveller

06-26-2019

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Worldtraveller a private message Print Post    
My only hope if I continue watching, is the showmances get targeted immediately.

Also hope Nicole gets more attention after the show than any other houseguest, since I NEVER get nice things, that is the only glimmer of happiness I have left.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jackson had a lot of help from production. They also gave him great DR edits, plus he cheated so much when he was on slop for what was it about a day. I am not a fan.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I agree World - I hope that Nicole gets lots of positive attention - (she will be so surprised at how much she was loved) .. and that those that said she hasn't "played" until later in the season.. didn't really "see" what she was doing ..
And they should watch Teran's podcast about her this season...

In my opinion . . she was overpowered in the beginning by "the 8/9/6" .. and it is much more difficult to play the game alone than in a group.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Agreed Spunky

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
When Nicole starts to give credit to Jackson and Holly for beating her at the HOH, I may reconsider my judgement of Nicole. But if she keeps rolling her eyes, wrinkling her nose at them just because they're winning, or even when Jackson is gracious to her, well then I want her gone last 3rd and sayonara !!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
hmmm, haven't noticed that at all

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I have stopped reading here and other BB forums as much as in the past. The reason is I get tired of reading pages and pages about the same thing. Love Nicole, hate Jackson.
I'm beginning to wonder if casting is doing their best. With all the hate directed at certain players each year it's a wonder they are able to cast anyone maybe that's why they have to cast players that have no clue about the show. I know I would not open myself up to the frenzy, it could really mess up my life.
I know we all have our favorites and our villains but the mob mentality gets scary.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't consider these discussions 'mob mentality'.

I would consider how the 'Greightful' pack of 8 acted to keep Nicole out of the HOH room to be a mob mentality.

Slamming the door on Nicole was inexcusable.

Jackson going to Nicole later and saying he was protecting her by not letting her in the room to be hurt by the others was repugnant.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jackson's southern gentleman act is so condescending! His constant gushing to Holly, then snapping at her and complaining that he always supports her and how grateful she should be is classic manipulation that sets the other person up in a domestic violence style relationship. In the house this is magnified because there is no getting away for space and perspective and because a relationship gone bad can send someone out the door.

His gushing over Nicole.. She is a vote.

I note that recently he went from characterizing her as a big sister (since she is older) to being a little sister, presumably because he considers himself to be more worldly. Like he must provide his choice of cell phone..

Just kind of creepy.

Mozsweetpea

06-24-2006

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mozsweetpea a private message Print Post    
Thank you all who contributed for his thread. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I wasn't the only one who felt in different to BB. I really do miss the show but I have come to get that this just isn't the same show anymore. I think productions behind the scenes is more what rules the season than anything else. I have noticed that the subtle "pressure" from behind the s end has become bland and obvious interfering.

I'm sorry but for me it seems like the cast has gotten worse. I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my summer this year with this cast.

Was I the only one who found the finale cringe worthy? I mean I get that the first five are relegated to not having a "voice" during the finale but that was just ridiculous. No one really got to talk on the finale but Jackson and Holly. I mean they just went on and on and on.

Not sure if I'll be back next year or not but I do think there needs to be some changes. There seriously needs to be a time limit on the answers the final 2 get,if they go over cut their mic. The finale just seemed more rushed than previous years. It could also be that the people I actually wanted to hear from didn't get to talk or say more than one sentence. For me Jackson's win was right up there with Maggie's win. I won't be sad to never see Jackson on another show. I'm still thinking there should be an option st the end to give the money to charity as opposed to the finale 2.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: