TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: Live Feed Discussion Thread: ARCHIVES: Archives for July 05: Archive through July 05, 2019 users admin

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Sleep, not yet. Even Kat does not hold her nom against her.

Ovi is mad at the Jacks. He feels they led him on since his renom into thinking they were going to flip the house and they didn't even try to flip the house ( per Nicole and Cliff). So his eye is on them. And, he told the Jacks about his power. The only ones he told ( who told the rest of their alliance).

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
well, that was horrible timing. Cliff was going to tell the Jacks something Ovi told him about when they went upstairs to listen to the competition ( after hearing the Jack really liked Ovi and wants him back). And, we go to fish and then kitties. Drats !

Boberg

10-04-2002

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Not only is David nice to look at...he appears to have some real potential....ala Dan or Derrick

We will see...I am hoping

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Bo, unfortunately for David, he is smack on everyones radar. Dan and Derrick were way under the radar.

But, I am hopeful that he can scoop up some outliers. Bigger problem is people like CLiff and Ovi do not think they are outliers but in with the bigger alliance.

Govols

07-18-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Maybe the Jacks aren't racist, David seems to be able to play a better game and they see that. They also may be jealous of his looks.

I wish we weren't so fast to say racist in this country and in here.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I dunno.

When Jack sees David on the HOH monitor, and gets up and starts walking like a monkey, I wouldn't call that being jealous. I would call that being a racist.

If in 2019 a young white man doesn't understand that, then I'm going to call it out for what it is.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
He isn’t walking like a monkey. He is walking how David does. Nothing to o with the color of his skin

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
They have targeted the 4 people of color. Maybe not consciously, but in their fiber. It is just obvious to me.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
[Jackson] nommed the 4 that ales to be camp directors. Nothing to do with color. Kemi can on very strong 1st night as did Jessica. Again nothing about their skin color. Ovi was not jacks choice last week it was Christie’s. Again nothing about skin color

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Jackson. Keeps coming up like that. Sorry

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Moderators can you erase my last couple of posts promise to proof read. Ugh they didn’t come out right. Thank you ❤️

[I fixed the first one and removed the repeat, hope that works - k]

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Quite honestly I think it was probably inadvertent racism. It is true that three of the four he nominated competed against him for camp director...but I also think there is sometimes an unintentional tendency to put people who you perceive as "different" up for nomination. I suspect if you talked to Jackson about it he would deny that he did it for that reason, but again, I do not think he intentionally did it - I just think he put up the three that opposed him and then Kemi (because she didn't come up and talk to him) and it was unintentional but that's how sometimes racism works (and believe me, I am not one to cry racist at the drop of a hat!).

Perhaps the reason that David, Cliff and Jessica nominated themselves for camp director was because they perceived they would be looked at differently and were at a disadvantage - either by age, skin color or size - and wanted to grasp that initial power for themselves. (I think Kemi has a major personality flaw wherein she refuses to see how she is at times perceived.)

I personally don't think people should be evicted from the BB House because of the way they are...if they are a bigot or a racist (is there a difference?) then the person they are hurting the most by their stupid actions are themselves (in the court of public opinion). Isn't the Big Brother House supposed to be a microcosm of real life and what happens when different people are put in a small space and forced to live together and get along together? How better to find out about yourself and your inherent traits than be forced to face them and to face people that are different from you?

Govols

07-18-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Wish people would remember that Jackson did not think in a million years think that David would lose that comp that sent him out. To call Jackson racist because of this is really stretching the truth.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh goodness, that was the other point I forgot to make!

Sleepwalker42

07-07-2018

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sleepwalker42 a private message Print Post    
But if we see people targeted, and they happen to be POC, and we assume that they are being targeted due to their race, isn't that itself a type of racism? No offense intended, though I understand if its taken.

There are only 16 people in the house 6 are POC (assuming we are counting asian and light skinned hispanic as POC, if not then we can say minority), so 37% of the house. If we subtract the Jacks from the number, since they won't target themselves or each other, there is a 42% chance that the person they are targeting is a POC.While its not a 50/50 chance, its pretty close.

Now, granted, you can say that the 2 light skinned minorities are in their alliance (along with the two token LGBT reps) and that drops it down to a 33% chance.

Beyond that, they see Cliff and Nicole as completely harmless, which they are totally right about at this point, so there's no need to target them. Looking at the 8 not in the alliance, you havea 50/50 shot of putting up a POC, take away the two that are basically harmless, and there is a 66% chance they go after a POC.

It actually seems the only argument for them being racist based on who they are after is that they aren't after Sam who physically is probably the 2nd most threatening of the outter 8 (next to David), and socially is probably middle of the pack.I'd assume though that they know the 8 will break and he seems like a good saftey.

So, that's my thought...not live feeds I guess, so I apologize if off topic, and much more thought through than intended.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I listened four times and I just don't hear it. I don't hear it from Jackson at all...and I think I hear Jack say 'neither' and not the 'n' word. I don't know, is it a case of those that don't want to hear it won't and those that do, will?

I don't like either Jack or Jackson and I hope others in the house wake up and see that they don't need to follow the self appointed leaders. However, just because someone is an ass, doesn't make them a racist.

Govols

07-18-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Sleep. You nailed it. I have been thinking about your first question for a while. The answer is Yes.
Thank you for saying it all so well.

Govols

07-18-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAJEzyopbRxL

Determined it was not the n word

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think folks are missing the fact that implicit racism exists.

They nominate those they are least likely to align/identify with. That's generally done on a gut feeling as much as anything else.

We'd like to believe people are making rational choices, based purely on logic, but that's not true about humans. Almost NEVER.

What they do, and we've seen it in BB over and over and over - is decide they don't like someone based on a "gut" feeling and then RATIONALIZE their choice.

I think we're missing the psychological elements here, and trying to explain it away, just the same way.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Determined it was not the n word

Not going to listen to four hours to find what you heard. Time stamp please? Or summary?

Govols

07-18-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
He covers the issue within the first 6 min. Interesting insight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAJEzyopbRxL Taran covers it at the beginning of the podcast, it his usual wordy style. I will now to his much better, younger ears and superior equipment.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
The racism is not saying a word, or making a gesture. It is much more an ingrained behavior Regardless of how you spin it, the 4 people of color are being targeted. To me that is racism, they use the words "I just have a gut feeling", cause they will not label it for what it is. It is not about their game play.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Karuuna stated:
I think folks are missing the fact that implicit racism exists.

A fact that is also missing is that race relations have gotten so much worse in the last 10 - 12 years. Politics has gotten so dirty they have split this country and separated everyone. We're headed back to the 60's. It's ridiculous. Facts are no longer wanted and untruths get blown out proportion so one race gets pitted against another and on and on. If only the truth could be enough and people could respect each other's differences. The more lies that are told the worse racism will get. It's got to stop.

I am mind-boggled by how this group is acting. I so miss the days of Janie & Brittany.

Sleepwalker, I'm enjoying your posts.

Yesterday I said Jackson was jealous of David, so whomever said it could be both racism & jealously, I concur. Jack......is just a horrible excuse for a human being.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thank you Crickett, it is incredible to me all the excuses made here for Jack and Jackson. It is unfortunate that this behavior has occurred and is being tolerated. Once comments were made to plan and blame David they should have been addressed by BB.