TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: Live Feed Discussion Thread: ARCHIVES: Archives for July 05: Archive through July 05, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think they like Sam, I haven't heard anything about them not liking him. The only thing I can think of is he is not a sheep just blindly following along with the Jacks. Plus he is married so no showmance for him.

He has good "Sam stories" as they call them, telling them funny things that his kid does and stuff like that.

Are you thinking of something specific Turtletoes? Oh the other thing is he and Nick are practically glued to each other at the hip, LOL.

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
I have hardly seen Holly hanging with Jackson.. She spends most of her time with Analyse doing make up and general chit chat with other girls.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Jackson told someone that Holly is more his type, and he "broke up" with Kat yesterday most likely so he can go after Holly.

Which will be awkwardly interesting since Kat is right there in the house, and getting with Holly might have to be done in secret.

Because, you know, secrets are always kept in the BB house.

Oh, and I actually like Sam, but he had to grow on me a bit! He's still way too loud in the DR, though.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Are they going to be doing nominations today?

Jack has to live with whoever he gets out. So I guess the easiest thing to do is put up 2 weak players who has no power to get revenge on him if they get back in the game. My guess is that Jessica will be his best bet to get out. She's to nice and doesn't seem the revengeful type to me. But, then again, he'll hath no fury like a woman scorned. I wonder who else he will put up.

Judyelle

07-08-2010

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judyelle a private message Print Post    
First of all I want to say that I'm not a fan of the two Jack's, they are bullies. That said, I'm not seeing racism. If David was white and they were saying that they wanted him out and was going to sabotage him, would you think it is racist? I do think it is dirty and mean play to do those things, but its not racist. Are we now thinking that someone should never be a target because of the color of their skin? What about Ovi? I haven't seen anyone complaining about him being put on the block and he isn't white.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Racism is not always overt (name calling, deliberate harassment leading all the way to physical confrontation, etc).

A bigger problem, in the thinking of many is implicit bias, where you don't want to acknowledge you are being racist or even realize you are being racist. This kind of racism is due to factors within the culture and traditions and upbringing that cause people to make choices and actions without thinking through their reasons. There's lots of research about it. Here are two:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-to-think-about-implicit-bias/

http://https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Racism can be subtle. One doesnt have to use the N word to display it. Continiously calling a POC as "scary" and "sketchy". Saying "he's not like us". Criticizing that person for doing things that you are fine with with others doing.

If you listen closely, all of these things are happening.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
And it is not coincidence, or just happenstance that it is the 4 people of color who have been the targets since day 1. No matter what you call it, and whether it is conscious or not, it is racism.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
There's a clip on Twitter showing The Jacks talking about filling the sink with dishes because David hates seeing dirty dishes, and peeing on the floor and framing David.

In the clip, Jackson says "I won't **** with the N***** bro."

So there's some not-so-subtle racism for ya right there.

I'm assuming that this is what the DR had their chat with Jackson about yesterday that he was so upset about.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kimfinity, Is there supposed to be a test you can take at your second link? The lettering is so light, I couldn't really read it and I couldn't find a link to take the test. Thanks.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Jackson is upset that his racist behind has been busted and called out .Now everyone knows the true Jackson and he will need to suffer the ramifications.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
CLiff is up doing his live feed chat.

ETA: Rudely interrupted by the wake up call

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Rosem he doesn’t say the n word. He does on the other hand express his dislike for David. With jack. But neither use a racial slur

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Mom, I listened to the clip several times. I heard him use the N word twice.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Cliff is telling us why he does not like David.

He is too forceful. He is too confident. He is too arrogant. He is a ballsy individual. He rubs him the wrong way.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Code words for "uppity".

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If referencing a particular clip on twitter, it would be helpful to have a link to the clip, so we could all listen to it.

TIA.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
It was posted in here, I think in the twitter thread. But I tried to click and it is taken down. Trying to find it another way.

Pinknana

06-29-2010

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pinknana a private message Print Post    
I’m not surprised at all by the Jacks. It happens every year, the good looking guys get the girls all aflutter and run(or ruin) the house. I long for the first few seasons when they didn’t take things to personal levels as much. Except The classic Chill Town alliance.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Gossipofthecity

Sorry, I don't know how to bring a clip here from Twitter, but for those of you who have Twitter, here is the Tweeter, and timestamp:

@gossipoftheciti
2:42 AM - 5 Jul 2019

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Honestly I have no tolerance for racism I really don t here the slur

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
With David back in the house and Housemates having to readjust some game plans, I am going to reset my head and give them all a second chance. All except maybe the Jacks.

Kat has surprised me the most. She gets dumped and quickly regroups. I am impressed by her !

Nicole, a few days ago could not tolerate being touched by other people and now she seems okay with Tommy next to her in bed. Big change for her.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I am surprised at Kat as well, Missy. I thought she'd completely fall apart when Jackson dumped her, but her rebound has been inspiring.

I am again surprised by Cliff. I didn't like him at first, then liked him, then found out he's trying to get in good with The Jacks, and now I don't like him. Hahaha!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
David is pretty. I didn’t notice the first time bc he was gone so fast.
Why is “ stomp a mud hole” racist?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
It seems as though the Jacks and Sis and Holly are actually becoming more isolated from the rest of the house. The rest seem to be bonding more and interacting with each other.