TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2018: General Discussion About the Show and Live Feeds: Archive through April 10, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So it starts tonight at 7:00! Conveniently right before Survivor in Canada (though I would have preferred if they led with Survivor).

Looks like it might be the best cast we've had in a while. Thank goodness there are no returnees!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay! I'm just hoping that those two blank spaces don't represent a couple of returnees.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well the two empty spots are definitely not returnees!

Good show tonight. I enjoy Arisa's enthusiasm as host.

I'm a little disappointed with who Andrew picked for "heaven" and "hell".

The houseguests in heaven are:
Andrew, Derek, Erica, Hamza, Jesse, Olivia and Ryan.

The houseguests in hell are:
Ali, Johnny, Kaela, Maddy, Paras, Rozina and Will.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched Survivor at 6 pm American channel and had to actually wait for BB Canada till 8 pm at Global west.

I could do with less screams, I had to mute it, but I can forgive them the initial enthusiasm (but boy did they scream those ladies) I liked the décor of the house with the two themes Heaven and Hell. However, I didn't find it fair that they told Andrew to select those going to Hell and up for eviction and those going to Haven and be safe. I thought a better and more fair way would have been to let them pick at random their card with their name on and place, hell or haven.

The cocky kid won because he wouldn't make any deals and imagine that poor girl who had to drop feeling she was a target since the guy didn't want to take the deal to have HOH and let her be safe. At that moment I was wishing he would drop, but I guess the girl was just weaker than him.

So far so good...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's already better than last season!

Yes that one woman especially can scream.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Do you know how are they going to split the house after eviction? Is it going to be another player doing the selection? I'd rather see a random pick instead of a player having the unfair advantage that Andrew got.

You know, I like to complain

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL about complaining! Good smiley there for this season!

I don't think they've said what will happen. Here is a recap for the first episode on the Global site.

Big Brother premiere presents devilish choice
MARCH 7, 2018 | Posted By: jpowell

Big Brother Canada began its sixth season forcing one houseguest to make a devilish choice.

Andrew Miller, the small business owner from Toronto, grabbed the wrong goblet on premiere night and in doing so had to condemn some of his fellow players to a week of hell.

Andrew sent Johnny, Will, Paras, Rozina, Maddy, Alejandra and Kaela to hell while he picked Olivia, Erica, Hamza, Ryan, Jesse, Derek and himself to go to heaven.

All those dwelling in the infernal abyss this week are the only ones playing for Head of Household, the only ones who can be nominated, evicted and the only ones sentenced to slop.

In the HoH endurance challenge, Johnny lasted longer than anyone to claim the title. When they were the final three left in the competition, Johnny passed on a deal of safety from Will and Paras. He feared he couldn’t trust them.

Johnny. Johnny. Johnny. Why do you got to be like that? That is not a good vibe to send out on Day One.

On tomorrow night’s show viewers will find out who Johnny nominated and in the end, who will be the first houseguest evicted from the Big Brother house.

As one exits tomorrow night, two new players will be entering the house. As part of the Canada’s Cast twist either Merron, Mikey, Veronica or Kirsten will be joining the game.

https://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/news/big-brother-premiere-presents-devilish-choice/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Wow, that was a good start and quite the house. I think this group will be playing hard.
The only one that stood out to me and not in a good way was Hazma.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I loved the opening segment what a slick production number! I've never seen that much effort put into anything like that for this show before American or Canadian.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I really did get that it was a thank you to the fans Mame.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I still can't believe that the fans brought the show back, how awesome is that!?

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Im not a big BB fan, Canadian or American, but I watched last night and was very impressed.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thursday was another fun show. I have to say that BB Canada sure puts a lot of effort into these.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Here is a recap for the second episode from the Global TV site.

And the Week One evicted houseguest is ...
MARCH 8, 2018 | Posted By: jpowell

The religious educator didn’t do her Big Brother homework.

Rozina Yaqub now has the dubious distinction of being the first houseguest to be evicted this season. Despite her tempting culinary skills and offers of loyalty, Rozina was unanimously voted out by her fellow houseguests.

“These youngsters, they are going to regret this. They aren’t going to have good food, they are going to fight, no love for them and then they are going to think…Why didn’t I keep Rozina?” Rozina told host Arisa Cox.

Rozina insisted that if she had stayed she would have made bold moves and that is what scared everyone else.

Viewers also saw the first alliance of the season form between Derek, Kaela, Paras and Jesse. The two members of heaven and two members of hell agreed to call themselves The Real Deal and not speak of their alliance to anyone else.

Canada’s Cast twist gate crashers Veronica Doherty and Merron Haile were voted in as full-fledged houseguests by Canada and entered the house and the game.

https://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/news/week-one-evicted-houseguest/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So Canada had the option of voting in one male and one female houseguest. Canada decided to pick the two "heavenly" nice houseguests rather than the two supposedly wicked houseguests. Who knew?

I'm not sure why they decided to vote out Rozina as the first evicted houseguest. As she said, she seemed pretty harmless and not much of a threat but perhaps they found her irritating, though from the TV show it appeared everyone was nice and friendly. Of course, that's just based on the TV show. Who knows what's really happening in there as we don't have the live feeds yet.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Exactly, I had the same reading from the way Rozina argued about her nomination but something went on that we didn't see on the show, how did they all decide to evict her, even the guy who was trying to save her, something went on and we didn't see it.

Those two new arrivals were exactly those I clicked on, just because they seemed better at presenting themselves, the other guy was a bit arrogant, I didn't even notice they were supposed to go to hell or haven.

So something is still not clear, who's in hell now? I suppose after the eviction every player is in haven until another selection. I wonder why the host did not explain that... or maybe I missed it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They didn’t say how that would work. Kind of a fancier way of saying “have” and “have-nots” though. I don’t know if they’ll keep up the heaven people sing safe.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The tv show aired so late last night that I taped it and just watched it and was curious to see how Ryan won the HOH, he is surely a very 'colorful' fellow, I see red everywhere. I understand his will to open up to everyone and make friends but he has to be careful not to steer too much and let others play their game, not easy but that's the only way to make allies.

A couple of ladies seem quite sharp while others the opposite.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Some good laughs tonight, the Veto competition seemed hard because Ryan and Andrew so heavy and out of shape couldn't move, obviously they were not going to win. However, Ryan asking the others to throw the competition was ridiculous, he's not Paul for sure ! He was almost comic, had to laugh.

Erica and Veronica's low pitch voices are better for my ears... but the one who was yelling at the Veto (was it Ali)... eek...

So another unanimous eviction vote

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Finally a bit of action on tonight's episode, the pov competition was really hard, that ice cube was so tough to break and I was afraid someone was going to chop off their hand...

Jesse is a hot head and made a big fuss about the POV not being used, but Hamza has now two very pissed off guys, Jesse and Derek and if Jesse stays Hamza could be on the block again and gone.
The finesse of playing Big Brother is winning without making enemies, but it's now personal and Hamza is a huge target. Of course he didn't have to lie, just tell Jesse, "I really don't know what am I going to do, I may use it or I may not", it's still better than making a promise he doesn't want or feel like keeping.

Now the others are wondering if it's better to keep Jesse since he's going after Hamza and not them.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hamza got a very bad case of HOH’itus. He went crazy with power and succeeded in randomly alienating several powerful players who were allied with him. Seems like crazy play to me. Entertaining though.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Hamza got lucky Jesse was evicted. I heard Erica is the new HOH and she seemed to be an ally of Hamza so there should be another target and I hope a new one, not Ryan again... some new nominations would be more interesting to watch.

Realityjunkie

05-17-2011

Friday, March 23, 2018 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realityjunkie a private message Print Post    
I loved the dancing and cleaning bit. It always surprises me when I try to picture them doing those kinds of things on the US version and I can’t picture them working. They seem to be very good sports in the Canadian version.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Funny that I was thinking exactly the same thing. The BB Canada houseguests always show a lot of enthusiasm and they seem cooperative. I think production tries hard as well. It makes it more fun to watch.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Another fun show tonight. I loved the "fishing" challenge. The contests are so original and clever.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The Veto comps are funny but also difficult and it was so obvious that Erica didn't want to win but she did since the other two were so lousy.

I think she made a mistake in keeping Maddy since Veronica seems to be a common target and she was going to be evicted sooner rather than later. However, Maddy would have stayed and Merron gone, so might as well save Maddy. She'll regret that later, I'm sure.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Agreed. Maddy seems like a smart thoughtful player. She is real competition.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Is there any way to watch the live show in the U.S.?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t know. Hopefully one of our American viewers can tell you.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Did not expect Hamza to be gone tonight... Merron is a lucky guy, escaped eviction twice tonight.

Surprised to see Brian doing so well on the POV and saved himself.

Those girls, except Erica, are driving me nuts. How insufferable they are.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that was a bit of a surprise. Sooner or later that group will have to break up.

I haven’t watched the eviction show yet but I’m glad Erica survived. I like her!

Did you mean Ryan? He’s been so funny in these competitions.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Don't know where to put this for Big Brother Will Krby fans, so, here it is:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/07/big-brother-2-winner-dr-will-kirby-saves-lives-movie-theater-seizures/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a nice story.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Will has a better chance of being saved by Canada than Ryan, though I find Ryan entertaining.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I understand you can only start to vote after Wednesday show. I imagine Canada will use this power this week, the excitement of doing something for the game may be too much for some fans, they've waited long enough for some input.

I like this type of invites from the producers, it's a boost for bb fans to follow the game, since according to these boards this bb season may not be as good as previous ones.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I definitely think this season is vastly better than the last couple of seasons.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I want a ring tone of Will saying I don't think so my dear.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I would vote for Ryan to stay.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I like Will. He's sincere and endearing. And his accent cracks me up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I just hope that the show isn't cancelled again.