TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2018: CBB - 2018 Winter Season: General Discussion: Archive through January 09, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder, Kitt and Amy. :-)

This year's theme is "Year of the Woman" and it starts today at 1 pm board time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it bad that I only remembered this was happening when I saw some tweets this morning?!

I am not watching live (obviously - it's already started) but I will try to find it online later.

Anyone else going to watch?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If you can find some online stuff, I'm interested in having a look. I've never watched it so I'm curious.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I plan to. I'll do the same and catch it online later.

I guess they are going to have all women enter first and then men will be joining at a later time.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'll post a link once I find one. You Tube usually has it (although they've been blocked some years).

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I managed to get my feed streaming about half way through the episode.

I have no clue who anyone is.

Eight women are in, two have immunity and currently the women are the only ones who can nominate.

Men are going in later this week and Emma said that the men can win the ability to take the ability to nominate from the women.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
I am going to try to find it ... I have found it on YouTube in the past, just searching around. Does anyone have any suggestions? Glad to see you guys here, it is a fun quite interesting show!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here are some links on the first HG's...

https://twitter.com/i/moments/948311024674983937

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/celebrity-big-brother-2018-launch-11787648

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here is a You Tube link for the 1st episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA_WzpkIgc

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much Rieann!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If you look for "CBB 2018 Episode 1" (or 2 etc.) on youtube you should find it. The publisher changes as they get caught by copyright laws, so bookmarking the author usually only works for a short time. The first episode is 1hr 5mins long (once they chopped out the adverts).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The TV listings site I usually get the show times from no longer allows adblock, and the advert loading is making it virtually unusable! This is the best I can do (times are Pacific (board) time):

Tue Jan02 1-2.35pm CBB Live Launch
Tue Jan02 3.35-4.30pm CBB Bit on the Side
Tue Jan02 4.30-5.15pm Live from the House

Wed Jan03 1-2pm CBB
Wed Jan03 3.05-4.10pm BOTS

Thu Jan04 1-2pm CBB
Thu Jan04 3.05-4pm BOTS

Fri Jan05 1-2pm CBB
Fri Jan05 2.30-3.05pm CBB - presumably the men are coming in
Fri Jan05 3.05-4pm BOTS

Sat Jan06 1-2pm CBB
Sat Jan06 no BOTS at the weekend

Sun Jan07 1-2pm CBB
Sun Jan07 no BOTS at the weekend

Mon Jan08 1-2pm CBB
Mon Jan08 3.05-4.05pm BOTS

Tue Jan09 1-2.35pm CBB
Tue Jan09 3.35-4.35pm BOTS
Tue Jan09 4.30-5.05pm

Wed Jan10 1-2.05pm CBB
Wed Jan10 2.05-2.50pm BOTS

Thu Jan11 1-2pm CBB
Thu Jan11 3.05-4pm BOTS

Fri Jan12 1-2pm CBB
Fri Jan12 2.35-3.05pm CBB
Fri Jan12 3.05-4pm BOTS

Hard to find the Live shows, so there might be more than I listed. Times sometimes change as we get closer to the actual date.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Eight women, and they have all the power, according to Emma. Men to enter another night. All female audience today as well.

Comments on the few I know (most I don't):

HM#1 Ann Widdecombe, ex Member of Parliament. She did well on Strictly (the UK DWTS) partly because of her partner, who just pulled her around so it was very amusing. Straightforward, but hard to say how liked she'll be because she says exactly what she feels like.

HM#2 Malika Haqq, Chloe Kardashian's bff.

HM#3 Rachel Johnson, journalist, presenter.

HM#4 Ashley James, presenter, DJ, "social influencer." Was on Made In Chelsea (reality show about posh people).

HM#5 India Willoughby, Britain's first transgender newsreader. I knew her (from TV) as Jonathan and had no idea she had transitioned.

HM#6 Maggie Oliver, former policewoman who exposed Rochdale grooming/sex abuse scandal. She was amazing, pushed for the ring to be exposed when the men just gave up.

HM#7 Jess Impiazzi, glamour model, was in Ex on the Beach (realty show)

HM#8 Amanda Barrie (she's 82, the oldest ever CBB hm), has done EVERYTHING, tv, presenting, stage! Also very funny. (If anyone has seen the "Carry On" movies, she was Cleopatra!)

There will be challenges over the coming days to determine immunity, and first is happening tonight.

Emma enters the house, to the "Engine Room," they are in teams of two. Ladies will be the only ones nominating in the first eviction. Men will come in on Friday but cannot nominate. But the women might not be safe, unless they win immunity.

They, as pairs, have to fix the circuit board behind them, then pull a lever, first pair to do that have immunity.

Amanda and Jess win first immunity pass.

I am so hoping this season will go the way it seems it well!

On BOTS Rylan reveals the first male HM will be John Barnes, who was a very popular football player.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today Amanda and Jess got to choose another person to give immunity to. They chose Maggie for "the warmth and stability of the group."

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Kitt...thanks for your posts! I'll be watching CBB and BB BOTS on YouTube. The group of women are very diverse in age and background. It will be interesting to see who the men are and if there is the same type of diversity.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm hoping they put in reasonable men, and it isn't going to be some group who are especially sexist or some stunt like that. I know John Barnes as a footballer, and when he was on Strictly, but not much else. From that I thought he was quite a sweet guy, which I suppose is a good sign.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm really liking the women. They actually have intelligent conversations.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So am I! Notice that it's not that they don't disagree, it's that they disagree in a reasonable way.

Malika won the fourth immunity position (yesterday's show) by getting the highest score in an axe throwing competition.

No one won the fifth immunity position because they failed to change a tyre within four minutes 30 seconds.

That means Ann, India, Rachel and Ashley can still be voted for at the next nominations.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Men in today. Men also in audience.

HM#9 John Barnes, former footballer, rapper (kind of ;))

HM#10 Shane Jenek/Courtney Act, "genderqueer" Australian drag queen (enters as Courtney - she fell on the runway and her skirt fell off!)

HM#11 Shane Lynch, from boy band Boyzone. They were HUGE in the 90s, big heartthrobs.

HM#12 Jonny Mitchell from reality show "Love Island," was the villain and says "feminism has gone too far."

HM#13 Daniel O'Reilly, stand up comedian "Dapper Laughs" who said a woman in his audience was "gagging for a rape," which obviously gave him a lot of negative exposure. Wants to change public perception of him.

HM#14 Wayne Sleep, dancer, entertainer, incredibly well known, at least for older folk like me. (friend of Amanda Barrie)

HM#15 Andrew Brady, contestant on The Apprentice (UK version)

HM#16 Ginuwine, American multi-platinum winning singer

Should be interesting, they all seem to be female friendly, or most of them at least.

Emma says women will keep the power for the next few days, and will be the only ones to nominate. They also won't lift a finger, the men will do everything. Based on the profiles they saw earlier, the women assigned jobs to the men (four jobs, two men to do each, not revealed yet).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yesterday's show had more tasks for immunity.

Four men (chosen by the women) had to multitask, and Shane J won.

The men had to endure a labour simulator, and the women decided John endured the best so goes into a final with Shane J.

Shane J and John had to challenge the stereotype that men didn't show emotion by making themselves cry (which made other people cry) and although neither actually cried, they decided Shane J won.

So Shane J has immunity.

Amy

07-10-2002

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Shane J helped Andrew dress in drag and India sat on the couch and cried because of her phobia when she could have just left the room. Later after her pout session she tried to lecture everyone on how she felt in that moment and it didn't go over well.

Nominations will be on tomorrows live show. They will be done face to face which I think is disappointing because I feel it will change how the women will nominate, than if they were done in the diary room.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like Andrew (at least I think it's him I like, I sometimes get them mixed up early on). He was very sweet making Ann's bed. I might be a little in love with Shane J.

I'm not sure what is wrong with India. She's old enough and wise enough in terms of life experience to realise that you can't control other people, yet she constantly feels the need to show herself to be suffering because of other people's actions. I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that perhaps this is all so new to her she's like a teenager again, but it must be very hard living with her.

I was talking to a friend in the UK last year and said "queer" in reference to someone we both knew, and he told me I wasn't allowed to say that, and then someone, can't remember who, told Shane J the same thing. It's odd how words become acceptable (in context) at different times in different places. Around here those who don't conform to a particular label(?) embrace the word queer.

Yeah, face to face isn't as good, but I think nowadays they would be foolish to believe that what they said in the diary room wouldn't be shared, so perhaps it doesn't change much.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
I missed a good portion of nominations but here is what I know:

Malika Nominates Ann and

India nominates Ann and Ginuwine
Amanda nominates Johnny and India
Maggie nominates India and Johnny
Jess nominates India and Ann
Ann nominates India and Andrew

Housemates up for eviction are India and Johnny

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When there's only two up they can vote for someone or against someone, so it's not so much the normal "vote to save."

I am guessing Johnny will go, as he's not that likeable, probably has a bad rep from his previous show, and I'm sure some will vote to save India to support her, even if they don't particularly like her.