TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2017: TV Episodes - Discussion: Archive through June 05, 2017 users admin

Realityjunkie

05-17-2011

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realityjunkie a private message Print Post    
So happy that Kevin won!!! Great season!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great season. Kevin certainly earned it. Too bad about Demetres though. And good for Karen for making final 2. Wonder how much she earned/won?

Realityjunkie

05-17-2011

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realityjunkie a private message Print Post    
Arisa said congrats to Karen winning $20K for second place. It was right at the end.

Realityjunkie

05-17-2011

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realityjunkie a private message Print Post    
I think the only way Karen could have won first place was if she had kept Dillon and voted out Demetres and then they somehow had gotten Kevin out in third or fourth. She was basically playing for second place. She couldn't win.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
Well this could not have ended any better for me. It played out just the way I wanted. I could have easily lived with Dem winning.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Canada. How Ika can be a fan favorite is beyond me. I find her a very distasteful person!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, Kevin is a decent winner after all. This season wasn't as exciting as previous ones, maybe we're all getting tired of big brother after so many years. Even those last two hours episode were watched in a hurry thanks to the pvr. Considered the few comments on these bb boards I'm not the only one who feels we've overgrown big brother. The US summer season of bb will be the same for me... fast forward (I keep changing batteries on my overused remote).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's not so much that I didn't enjoy the show. I mostly lost interest because I didn't like most of the cast. I agree that Kevin is a decent winner.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I just didn't like and was very tired of and extremely uncomfortable with Kevin's constant begging to win.

You know the old saying don't tell me show me. Well he showed us and didn't need to keep telling us over and over and over and over and over and over again how much he freaking wanted it - everybody who was there freaking wanted to win.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
TK27 I was more than a little surprised at the applause Ika got last night. Her behavior this season was bratty at best, and during the Jury discussion (Tim hosting), I was embarrassed for her. Someone has A LOT of growing up to do

From the F4 I was ok with anyone but her winning

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I was happy with Kevin's win. It would have been interesting if the final two were Kevin and Demetres although that would never have happened. For all of Ika's gum flapping about how Kevin was afraid of 'them' Demetres would have been just as afraid to take Kevin to final two if he were in the position to do so.

We weren't shown who Dre, Ika and Demetres voted for but I'm going to guess they also casted their vote for Kevin. I sincerely think a vote for Karen truly would have been a vote against Kevin.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Wondering...if it was Kevin and Demetres as final two, who do you all think would have won? I'm still going with Kevin with votes as follows:

Neda - Kevin
Sindy - Kevin
Bruno - Kevin
Jackie - Kevin
Dre - Kevin
William - Kevin
Dillon - Demetres
Ika - Demetres
Karen - Demetres

During the discussion with the jury when Sindy said Ika should shut up because she may be turning jurors against Demetres as she kept blabbing that Demetris played better than anyone (mmmm...not really), I do believe that was already in the heads of many of the jurors. When it came to comp play, both Demetres and Kevin were pretty even. As far as social game, I feel Kevin played it better than Demetres.
It didn't help Demetres that Ika couldn't shut her mouth.

Now what really would have been interesting if final two was between Demetres and Ika - how would they have addressed the jury about who was the best player? Happy that we didn't get to find out no matter how interesting it would have been!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It was a satisfying end to an unsatisfying season. I too ffd thru most of the finale, I had no desire to revisit the season. Like Jimmer I found most of the cast unpleasant with Ika taking top spot. She acted like a screeching nasty pita. A brat. Dem had such patience to put up with her. He seemed to view the game as logical but despite all his wins I didn't think he did much else socially. His circle of friends was quite small. Ika, Ika's ego and Ika's weave.

Congrats Kevin, a well deserved win but you need to work on your fake crying.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have to add that I think expectations were high as last season's cast, imo, was so entertaining. Perhaps they should have stuck to all newbies. Who knows how it would have played out then.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
Spunky- I have to agree with you and think that Big Brother is playing itself out. There was no more and avid fan than myself. I had the feeds from Season 1 until I think I let them go around Season 14. I stayed up until 8 in the morning watching Kasar let go of the button. The way I see it. There is nothing and viewers and fans that we haven't already seen. Players may change but they are still saying the same things doing the same things strategize the same ways. I know what is presented on TV is not what really happens in the house but I don't care anymore. TV show is more than enough for me now. I liked coming to the boards but then the boards can ruin the show. Some times I don't care if I find out or not.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
I just have to say one thing about Kevin. It seems some people came off not liking Kevin for what they perceived as begging for the win. I get where Kevin is coming from. He wouldn't be the first person to lose from a bitter jury and that was his fear so he kept driving it home.

I will say this. I have watched every BB USA and Canada and I have never seen anyone knock it out of the park with the final questions than the way Kevin did. He answers were amazing and perfect and pretty much spot on.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
Lyn I'm still stunned at how much Canada has her as a fan favorite. I'm starting to get up there in the years and this new life of being Political correct is driving me nuts!

Which is why I'm so confused at why Canada loved her so much. I saw her Bully in the house.......ah hell I have a list a mile long of the kind of stuff she pulled off. What she did in Kevin's room it just goes on and on.

For the life of me I can't figure out what I'm missing here. Is it because she is hot? I don't know? Once all that make up comes off she just seems like an all around bad person. So for the life of me I can't figure the adulation sent her way!

Tk27

07-04-2004

Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
In conclusion for Season 5 I will say I was happy with the out come but for me this was the worst BB Canada season to date.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll say it again. A large part of these shows is the casting and this wasn't a good cast. I didn't enjoy any of them, except Kevin.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Kevin, Bruno, Dillon, Sindy and Gary were highlights for me.

Ika while entertaining to some degree was also just as annoying. I detest "screechers"

I am happy with Kevin winning!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Tk27 no one I know was a fan of Ika's and we were all of the same mind - she was a bully

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I like Dylan Dimitri Dre Emily

Tk27

07-04-2004

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
I don't know anyone who was a fan of Ika's either. However she pretty much won daily on the Jokers poll site for popularity plus she always got the loudest cheers. I'm still dumbfounded by it all lol

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Interesting news, they've put the show on hiatus for 2018 (wondering if it's a cost issue- IIRC, that's what killed Canadian Idol after 5 seasons too...)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well boo.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dang! :-(