TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2016: General Discussion About the Upcoming 2016 Season: Archive through February 20, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Mamapors mentioned that there are some official announcements coming out about the upcoming season!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
We finally have an official start date!! MARCH 2, earlier than last year. Get those IP thingies working, unless of course you are in Canada!

@BigBrotherCA Season 4 premieres Wednesday, March 2 at 9 ET/PT on @Global_TV ! #BBCAN4 http://globalnews.ca/news/2494691/big-brother-canada-season-4-premiere-date-bbcan4-is-coming-soon/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For anyone who likes BB US and hasn't seen BB Canada, I certainly recommend giving it a try. It's a fun show.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
More information:

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbcan/news/0203/big-brother-canada-season-four-premiere-confirmed-for-wednesday-march-2nd-9pm-global-bbcan4

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
yea! thanks guys. I kept checking Global for info and was starting to give up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up.

Sueby

11-18-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
They are replaying BB Canada Season One on Slice. I am enjoying it so much. Anyone else watching it? I forgot how good the competitions were. I can't wait for Season 4. Sarah Hanlon tweeted that she is joining the side show as co-host. She will be replacing Gary.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Sarah replacing Gary adds credence to the rumors the part of the cast at least will be Second Chancers. It would not surprise me that Gary was one of them. Might mean we get to see Emmett again which is OK by me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Luv Sarah! This is exciting!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Whatever the reason, I am glad Gary will not be further ruining the Side Show.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Can we get feeds in the U.S. I heard there was a trick of some kind you could make it look like you lived in Canada?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The most reliable way to do it is get a VPN account. VPN is short for Virtual Private Network. As long as you get a good one, they are perfectly safe. You log into the VPN first and it makes it appear that you are in Canada (eh!!!). It only costs a few dollars a month for a VPN account but the BB Can feeds are free so that means it's still about the same as BB USA. Plus you can watch the TV shows too. It sounds much more complicated than it actually is. It's really very easy.

I use StrongVPN but a lot of people like one called Hide My Ass.

http://www.strongvpn.com

https://www.hidemyass.com

It's a fun show and worth it! Let us know if you have any questions. :-)

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I use the Chrome Browser and a free VPN that works only with Chrome called HOLA. Easy to set up and use. I have used it for the last two seasons!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Mamapors is certainly an expert on this so I'm sure her advice is good. :-)

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
thank you all for the info.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
One quick question. When I went to Globe TV site ( I think that's the right one) it asked me to click on my cable company I used to sign in. They want the actual email addy that I use for that for the cable provider ?????

I did the hola thing and think I have that part figured out.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Yeah Dilly after posting here today, I opened Chrome and tried myself to get in using HOLA. That cable email thing is new, and I could not view any of the videos. It is making me very nervous that Global is making it harder for us. I am not going to panic yet, going to wait till the feeds go live to really see if HOLA works. If not, I am not sure Hide My Ass or any other will work either, but we will figure it out.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking back to see you figure it all out. I wish you luck figuring it out. I am kind of hopeless when it comes to computer stuff. I can follow direction real good though.....lol

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that's frustrating.

I'll try to help out and check into that and see if I get any response from them. For example, what do Canadians do who don't have cable? I think it's still possible to get it with an antenna. Plus some people have dropped their cable altogether and are just using the Internet to view programs. It doesn't make sense.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Why can't they see our Global channel in the US, why we can see so many of the American channels in Canada, I thought they can see our channels as well. That's funny..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Probably because there isn't much demand to see it. Global doesn't show a lot of Canadian only programming that is of interest to Americans. In fact, it doesn't show a lot of Canadian only programming at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good news! Here is what I found in their FAQ:

I don't have cable. Can I watch Global shows without signing in?

Yes! New episodes are available to stream without signing in for the first 7 days after broadcast.

How long will episodes be available?

All new on-demand episodes are available to everyone in Canada to watch for the first 7 days after the broadcast airdate. After that, the videos require a sign-in with your TV service provider username and password. Once signed in, you will have access to some full seasons of content, so you can catch up at any time. Expiry dates can be found on each episode.

So it looks like it will be available. We'll have to see what they do about the live feeds but hopefully you'll be able to see them without a cable subscription as well.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
OK great Jimmer. The error message is not one that indicates the VPN is not working. It is an error that video not available. So HOLA is working, just the videos I was trying to watch are older than 7 days! I am guessing things will be fine when the feeds start.

Less than two weeks till it starts. Cast reveal next week!!

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I've never watched Canada before. Kind of excited.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The previous seasons have been great. Very fun and entertaining.