TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2016: CBB - Winter Season - January 2016: General Discussion: Archive through January 10, 2016 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Boring show so far.
Same old BBUK stuff, locking people up, taking away suitcases, blah blah blah.

Its like production is on autopilot.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they thought there would be more drama with the box room, but they chose the three calm ordinary people to go in there so they just got on with it.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I just found this because one of my co-admins on my nail polish board is in England and loves it. Of course I am hooked lol...

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
First live eviction today, the audience is really wanting Winston out.

Winston gets a warning for inappropriate behavior towards women for an incident where he was staring at her in the bedroom with Nancy when she was changing her clothes.

Kristina drops the bomb that she is pregnant. A little early to play the baby card but I figure since she is up for eviction she felt she needed to.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    

Boring show so far.
Same old BBUK stuff, locking people up, taking away suitcases, blah blah blah.

Its like production is on autopilot. (Flagg)

They're the worst. Even the awful BBUS offers more originality than CBB or BBUK.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No eviction spoilers?!

Kristina had the most votes and was saved first.

HOUSEMATES had to decide which of Nancy or Winston was to go! They were not allowed to discuss what they were going to do.

Angie - Winston to go (to save a lady)
Daniella - Winston (disagree on things)
David - Winston (views totally different to his)
Jeremy - Nancy (debate over wine)
Jonathan - Winston (drama is brewing over his comments)
Megan - Winston (don't agree with his views)
Scotty T - Winston (drama will grow)
Tiffany - Winston (homophobic views)
Christopher - Winston (disagree with his views)
Darren - Winston (outrageous comments)
Gemma - Winston (comment was disgusting)
John - Winston (don't respect him)
Kristina - Winston (can't agree with his views)
Stephanie - Winston (can't agree with his views)

Winston is evicted with a vote of 13-1.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Emma was harsh to Winston! I mean he deserved all of it, but that's not really her style.

He is so backward thinking it's a little hard to believe he would even think that way, let alone voice it.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see if Winston gets re-elected.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He hasn't ever been elected for anything as far as I know, he runs for positions and makes outrageous comments that get headlines and get him some "fame," but is never voted in. For reasons that should now be obvious to everyone!

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
After Angie had the melt down over him I was surprised at the reason she gave!

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
JUSTIN 42-how does it work with the VPN app? Are there web sites in the UK that have the content? I see it's only $36 or so for a year and I will do it if it lets me have a more reliable way...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Angie really bottled out on her excuse! I bet she'd have been more blunt if she hadn't have been first.

Meggie, the big networks (BBC, ITV, Ch5) in the UK stream past shows like the US ones do. You can go to the sites and browse but obviously they won't play until you get behind a vpn:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
http://www.itv.com/hub/itv
http://www.channel5.com/demand5

and there's even a dedicated official Big Brother streaming service
http://bigbrother.channel5.com/
with a link to watching live.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. They should have said that he's a politician wannabe.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Before you pay for a VPN, check the sites first, a lot of them now require registration and a UK address to get the streaming.

Not sure about channel4 specifically though.

As for the show, yea it was obvious they expected more drama from their little punishments or whatever that was, but by now its all so old hat that the housemates know what to expect.

The 3 in the box were all actors, all from UK soaps, right? Maybe they would have got more from the reality show "celebrities".
They should not have let them choose themselves, that was the first major mistake.
And then they let the other guy volunteer right after they were specifically told he could not take any suggestions from the housemates.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It's a good idea to use a VPN that gives you a trial period, since some VPNs have been geoblocked by BBC and ITV.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The first guy in the box, John, is a soap actor. The second guy (the one who volunteered) was Darren and isn't a soap actor but it wouldn't surprise me if John knew him as they're both musical theatre guys. Then John knows Daniella very well as they were both on Eastenders (although not at the same time).

The main 'problem' they had with those three in the box is that they were all the stiff upper lip kind of Brits, as opposed to the reality show wannabes, where everything is a drama.

And you're right, they all know what to expect by now, so they are mentally prepared for being starved or on slop-equivalents, and to have to choose punishments for others and so on.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to say, seeing Winston evicted first was very satisfying.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Thank you all for the VPN info! I will try a trial- I would love access. I do have a friend whose address I can use...

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is Eastenders a reality show or a scripted drama with real actors?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Eastenders is a soap that's run since the 1980s. And pretty good acting too, not the Bold and Beautiful type overacting!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For no particular reason I'm just mentioning the address of the halls of residence I used to live in at university. 100s of students live there, many of them stream, I'm sure no one would notice one more.

Rutherford College
University of Kent
Canterbury
Kent
CT2 7NX

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. For some reason I was picturing Daniella being on a Jersey Shore type show. It's hard for me to imagine her as a real actress.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's the actual Eastend accent that does it! But very realistic for Eastenders.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
DO you all think a UK specific VPN would work as well as an international one?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
David Bowie has died. I presume they will tell Angie, and I would guess she would leave as she's the mother of his son.

What a shock.