TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2015: Big Brother: Timebomb: Archive through May 15, 2015 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not sure if its real or not but they had the first "time Bomb" twist and Simon is apparently evicted.

5 housemates were voted for in 2 minutes during the show using the BB App

Jack got 3 immunity passes to use throughout the show.

Nick has to nominate face to face for the entire show.

Adjoa got nothing

Jade got a Luxury budget for her personal use for the entire show.

Simon got evicted.

Amy

07-10-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Was Jade's Luxury for the entire show, I thought she could ask for it once.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
From the hints they are dropping on BOTS, it sounds like Simon will probably be back as part of another "time bomb" twist.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No Im fairly sure they said Jade's Luxury was for the entire show.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
On YouTube it says you can get live streaming at http://v.ht/jK4r Has anyone tried this?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Too bad VLC doesn't work anymore... How safe is that one Needlenose? It says you need to register... Mmmm

Willwillbee... if you get a new link for VLC stream can you email it to me??? Thanks.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
I have not tried this yet. During the CBB uk earlier this year, I could just go YouTube and get the show ... They are showing the eye and the timebonb ad, and maybe the show will be on there, later on tonight, sometimes it was that way ... Spunky, I am not sure what "VLC stream" is?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Anything on youtube that gives you another link, especially if there is a link hider like that one, is a complete scam. Definitely if you have to register for anything.

Its just a way for scammers to make money by tricking people to register for whatever site or service it links to.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If you search for "Big Brother UK 2015" on youtube and filter for recent posts the show is there. I just started watching but probably won't be able to finish tonight.

Simon almost seems like he should be a CBB contestant, even though he's not famous. The first in girl could really get on my nerves.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the suggestions, and I did enjoy the Launch, I almost felt sorry for Jack who I think was looking for someone a bit less glamorous, to me he really looked like a fish out of water but with his immunity may find it a bit easier. To me it looked totally random the position of the time bombs and too bad for Simon, he did have the choice to switch and so I can't think of a BB conspiracy, it was just bad luck for him.

I'd like to see how these 'over the top' people will come down to earth once they face the difficulties of a big brother environment.

I love the house design and the bright colours but I do wonder why the eye and some of the design so much resembles the Canadian BB this year.

Emma is as usual a delight and I think the UK success is also due to her.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Emma has only been host for, I think, 3 years now?

For most of the run of BBUK it was Davina McCall and while Emma is really good, Davina was better.

I rewatched the time bomb reveal for Jade and the exact wording was
"Your timebomb contains Luxury. You will be able to claim a luxury shopping budget, exclusively for you, at any time throughout your time in the house."

That sounds like more than once to me, but I guess with that wording it could be just once.

I think it was worded that way because she won't have to claim it when the whole house gets a luxury budget.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Jade was sure delighted with the luxury, I liked her spontaneous demeanour but I also liked what that older lady talking to Emma said..."if you think you can maintain a 'persona' in the house, you're wrong' and that they really should be 'themselves'. Me too, I'd rather see them as they are and not act in a certain way because they've been watched. (Some of them were really posing for the cameras..). So, if Jade's spontaneity was real, well good for her.

I don't remember, but do you know if those 5 were picked by the audience or by Big Brother? I think the audience had voted live, to pick these 5, and so Big Brother is totally innocent so far...

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Watching episode 2.
I have to wonder if the 3 immunities for Jack will end up getting him nominated early and more often.

First, they may want to flush them out and use up the immunities right away, and some of them may see jack as an easy nomination since he will be safe.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Kieran's voice is already very annoying, not sure how much of that I can take.

It was funny when he walked in and Chloe asked him if that was his real voice.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That was a quick watch, just replaying some of the introductions and then settling down in the house, nothing major, I guess this is why they call it 'highlights'. It takes time to start knowing them, but some I already like and some I don't. But, they're getting more natural and not posing for the cameras anymore and Jack is getting quite social with the handsome fellows..

The narrator's voice is irritating, why does he have to talk so slow as if we're hard of hearing or understanding.

I'll have to take a look at the Bots show just to see what they say of the housemates.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
I actually think the first "time bomb" is totally disappointing. I am afraid that the BBUK set it all up, and that disappoints me!
With Simon saying his Showbiz type line so much, over, over and over, it started to sound fishy to me ... When they started talking about the time bomb task he sit forward in his seat. He was first up and ran to the center Time Bomb immediately getting there before anyone else got to theirs. It just seemed he knew he was going to get eliminated first, so he could yell "Show Business!" and then get to come back yelling "It's all just Show Business!" ... We will see I guess ...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Names, for reference:

HM#1 Chloe - Charlotte Crosby-like Yorkshire Lass
HM#2 Kieran - DJ
HM#3 Simon - theatre owner
HM#4 Jade - Irish model
HM#5 Joel - local councillor
HM#6 Christian - cute bearded student/musician
HM#7 Harriet - cockney cafe girl
HM#8 Jack - fast food manager, "What a time to be alive" guy
HM#9&10 Sally & Amy - socialite twins
HM#11 Adjoa - law student
HM#12 Nick - unemployed posh boy
HM#13 Danny - demolition man <------ this guy comes from a few miles from me!
HM#14 Sarah - another law student
HM#15 Aaron - model and hair stylist (zebra coat guy)
HM#16 Eileen - filmmaker/musician, upper crust woman

Jack got 3 immunity passes to use over his time in the house.
Nick must nominate face to face throughout his time inthe house.
Jade will be able to claim a luxury shopping budget for herself at any time throughout her stay.
Adjoa got nothing.
Simon got evicted.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I noticed that also on the second viewing of that Timebomb task, Simon ran right for that center one and then waited until after everybody else had already chosen to ask if he should take the center one.

Then he was far too gracious about being kicked out after 1 hour when he had allegedly gone through months of auditions to get to that point.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Marcus Bentley, the narrator does a rather extreme Geordie accent that he acquired over the first couple of seasons. He doesn't actually talk quite like that, but the accent is pretty accurate for people from that region.

My first impression is they all seem a bit extreme. I know that's the idea, that you have to have big personalities, but they seem particularly odd this year (except for a few). I'm sure they will calm down.

On BOTS Simon said he went to the middle one to be centre stage, which sounds believable. And Adjoa theoretically could have swapped with him... although perhaps he would have said no. Have to see what role he takes outside the house really, before we guess whether it's fake or not. Unless BB paid him just to have a major stunt in the first show, which is possible.

Needlenose

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needlenose a private message Print Post    
Kitt, thank you for the names and info ... Very helpful!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling thats exactly what it was, perhaps he wasn't paid but just wanted the easy TV exposure, but I definitely think he could have been a plant just so they could have the big "never done before" stunt (tho I think BBAU did it one season).

The fact that he is an actor just reinforces that theory. They brought him in just to make a big impression and then go home on launch night. That way they can have their stunt, make the other housemates feel like they were in danger, but not actually get rid of anybody who went through all of those months of casting and auditions.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
After months of BBCanada, its nice to see a BB episode where they are not all ridiculously amped up, over the top excited about everything.

In this 3rd episode, the first "real" episode of the season, I have already seen more honest DRs and genuine conversations and interactions between the houseguests than has been shown on the entire season of BBCanada so far.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, despite their VTs being all over the top, they seem to be mostly pretty normal, very quickly.

You're welcome, Needlenose. I'm awful with the names early on!

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
It was started in Thursday's episode that Jade's luxury is a one off, so seems she can only use it once.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, they are more natural now but so quickly on each other's nerves, some are trying to bond and some already want to clear the air with their issues. I must admit that last season with Helen as the center of attention I can't see anyone now taking that spot, they are all potential Helen to me but then they seem to lack that diversity I saw last season. Danny reminds me a bit of, what was his name? the fellow who got quite close to Helen... Cristian, Kieran, Jack, Joel stand out a bit more in my memory, while the others are still fuzzy in my memory.. Why is that I found some faces easier to remember than others, funny that. Among the girls Jade, the black girl with the funny name and the twins stand out for me, and yes, Eileen just because she's the older and a plastic face.

But at times I just tire of their talk and speed up the player. Maybe it will take more episodes to get me hooked to this bunch like it did last season.