TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2015: CBB - Winter Season - January 2015: Archive through January 11, 2015 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
As for why its on MTV, last year someone posted about the network (Channel 5?) being bought out by the company that owns MTV.

They said MTV was buying Big Brother, which isnt exactly the case.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Calum was born in the US and grew up there, but his parents are big British names. George Best was a footballer who was huge in his day (60s/70s), just HUGE, and then most people over the age of 30(?) know all about the troubles he got into because of his alcoholism (he died young because of that too). Calum's mum, Angie Best was a model but perhaps is more known because she was always with George, at least back then. More recently she's done exercise tapes (maybe in the 90s?) so older folk know her for that too. (And interestingly Patsy Kensit played Angie in a movie a few years ago.)

Since I've been in the US for quite a while now I only know Calum Best from the bad boy headlines, and thought he was on the show because he was always in trouble. But it seems he's had quite a background in tv, mostly reality shows, so he's quite a pro.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just looked up the MTV thing... it looks like it was actually Viacom (owner of CBS amongst other stations) who bought Channel 5 (and its friends) and they already owned MTV.

So now US BB and UK BB have the same owners... which might not be a good thing.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
So now US BB and UK BB have the same owners... which might not be a good thing.(Kitt)

---------------

Viacom split into two separate companies at the end of 2005. CBS & Viacom.

CBS Corp. is run by Chenbot's husband and includes TV Guide Network, CBS-TV, The CW, Showtime, TV production, CBS radio and Simon & Schuster publishing.

Viacom is run by Philippe Dauman and includes BET Networks, Paramount Pictures, MTV, VH1, CMT, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Spike, TV Land, Logo and Channel 5 (UK).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah right, I skimmed too quickly over the wiki article!

It doesn't look like Ch5 fits too well with their other channels, it's really like a kind of lesser "regular" channel, more like CBS than the speciality channels Viacom seems to own. It does have quite a few American shows (Castle, NCIS, that sort of stuff) compared to the BBC/ITV/Ch4 but it's much more like them than something like Spike or MTV. I wonder why they wanted to buy them.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I got confused about the Hilton lady... I was expecting to see the blonde girl and this is why I tuned in.. Is this woman related to Paris Hilton? I'm really out of the loop here... don't recognize any of the other Americans..

do you know when it's the eviction show, I'll watch that one to see who goes..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Perez Hilton is a man! He's the one who came in dressed in camouflage clothes. As far as I know he's no relation to the Hiltons from the hotel chain. He runs a celebrity gossip blog.

Not sure which woman you mean as the blonde girl, there are a few.

Tonight is a live nomination thing, but the first eviction is on Tuesday.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Perez Hilton is not related to the Hilton family.

"Perez Hilton" is a nom de plume ("pen name") like "Mark Twain" was for Samuel Clemens and "George Orwell" was for Eric Blair. Perez Hilton's real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira, Jr.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
ohmygod! Perez Hilton is a man... the name so similar to Paris Hilton that I thought it was her and wondered what the heck made her join this UK BB. Oh well, I'm down to earth now... thanks!!

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea he obviously picked that name for exactly that reason. Sounds like Paris Hilton and people think he's related to her or something.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Wow the live nominations certainly seem to show a completely different side of the house dynamics compared to the highlights shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Face to face nom results. Each made one nomination, Chloe and Alexander and already up so can't be nominated but can nominate. Punishments will be dolled out for flimsy nomination reasons.

Michelle: Ken (said he wants to go home)
Perez: Ken (said he wants to go home)
Katie: Perez (annoys her by being too noisy)
Nadia: Katie (unlikely to agree on anything)
Cami Li: Ken (he makes fun of her and wants to go home)
Jeremy: Patsy (has some autoimmune stuff which might drag her down)
Chloe: Ken (treads a fine line with comments, wants to go home)
Calum: Ken (wants to go home)
Kavana: Ken (wants to go home, doesn't lift a finger in house)
Ken: Cami Li (bit her without his permission)
Alicia: Calum (safest person, least like her)
Patsy: Ken (bathroom gate)
Alexander: Perez (control freak, likes to be centre of attention)
Keith: Perez (puts feet and bottom on kitchen surface)

Ken 7 noms
Perez 3
Katie, Patsy, Cami Li, Calum 1
Michelle, Nadia, Jeremy, Kavana, Alicia, Keith 0
Chloe, Alexander immune

Ken goes up for eviction together with Chloe and Alexander.

Katie thought everyone who was nominated would go up... they did that last year but I'm glad BB got wise to how the hms used that.

Yeah, Flagg, I didn't pick up anything about Ken wanting to go, although he did seem happy amusing himself (possibly for airtime?). The nomination is live though (i.e. it happened on Friday) so we might see more of it in tomorrow's highlights show.

I'm a bit worried about Keith's cough. I hope he's just getting over something but my uncle sounded just like that before he was diagnosed with throat cancer (which he's now free of, thankfully).

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not just Ken wanting to go, but the general tone of anger of vitriol between a lot of them that just hasnt been apparent on the show yet.

Look at the way half of them literally throw down their chalkboards after making their nominations.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I just looked at the channel 5 website to see what time it was on so I could watch live.

Its on at 10 PM UK time and I saw some major spoilers on the front page. I wont mention it here (yet) but looks like quite an episode.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Yes, tonight's show is one not to miss, Flagg.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So Jeremy gets drunk and does something extremely inappropriate and stupid and gets ejected.

Before Jeremy is even ejected, Perez has somehow made it all about himself, while Chloe is still in the DR crying.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched it yet but something was just waiting to happen, it really seemed like he shouldn't be in there in his current state.

I won't be able to watch until tonight, what did he do?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Jeremy was mega drunk and hugging the toilet and Chloe went in to help him. He opened her robe and either grabbed or didn't grab her boob. His excuse was that he didn't touch her.

Perez is majorly annoying, and Chloe is milking this for all its worth. I'm sure she was shocked and upset, but it's not the end of the world.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The Jeremy thing was all a bit of nothing much after the big build up.

Ken is lucky that Jeremy's actions overshadowed his racist, anti-semitic, and misogynistic nasty remarks throughout the entire episode, or I have a feeling he could have been the one ejected.

I read on one of the UK tabloid websites that bookies are paying out a lot of cash because they gave 3-1 odds on somebody being ejected from the show, which I guess has never happened on CBB before.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I really, really think that Ken should be kicked out. Only a person who'd lived in a cave the last 30 years wouldn't know that "negro" isn't used any more, but the "picaninny" remark was just made to provoke Alexander. I could hardly believe my ears. It was evil and nasty beyond belief. Props to Alexander for responding calmly and not ripping his head off. I think I would have gone ballistic.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Whoa, that's pretty bad with Jeremy! Not surprised Chloe was shocked, although also not surprised she's milking it.

I completely believe you that Ken is making racist remarks, but negro (at least in the UK) is descriptive not an insult. You wouldn't get people under the age of 60 using it but I think many above (who don't have much interaction with black people) would and others would let it pass. I can't imagine anyone using the other word and not realising it could offend though! They are going to get so many complaints to Oftel! I bet he'll get a warning, I don't know that he'll be able to hold his mouth though.

Did you notice that someone (or all of them) were warned not to say phrases like "I would have killed her?" Someone mentioned it in yesterday's show when someone said something similar again. Amusingly someone on the panel on BOTS said it and Emma had to do her "we don't advocate violence" thing again.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Ken did get a warning, they showed it on tonight's episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just watching now...

Jeremy was saying about not being an alcoholic but having an excessive personality (or some phrase like that). If you watch him take a drag on a cigarette he sucks in FOREVER so I think he's right he has problems with everything. I wonder how much alcohol he had to sweat like that. People do impulsive things when they're drunk but I wonder what kind of experiences he has in his normal life that makes him think that's okay. Is it something he can't control? Either way he shouldn't have been in the house in the first place imo.

To Ken, Alexander said something like "you don't want to say something like that or they'll [BB] speak to you again" so Ken must have been saying other things before what we saw.

Ok my jaw is dropping at the other things Ken's saying! I'm surprised he isn't ejected, maybe they had too much to deal with with Jeremy. If they don't think it's technically enough to eject him I suspect they will arrange for him to "decide" to leave. I notice they skipped forward into the next day to show the warning they gave him, but I don't think that's going to be enough, it's just the way he is, I don't think he will stop.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It bothers me that some of them seem to forgive Ken's inappropriate mouth because he is 71. I am 74 and cannot imagine any of my friends getting away with saying half the things he says.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see if Ken's behavior changes after BB told him that they expect his behavior to change. Ken did NOT change his behavior when the other HMs told him he was making himself look bad.
I think Chloe reacted overly emotionally to the situation, but she'd also been drinking and that probably added to her response. Not to mention Cami - OMG- she certainly made everything worse with HER over the top reaction!