TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through November 13, 2014 users admin

Mickiej51

05-08-2013

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej51 a private message Print Post    
Would be interesting to know how the odds are arrived at. Earlier discussion on here said the voting percentages were not alway real, but we're within margin of error rate. That alone is highly suspect, but putting that aside, they must use the percents from those saved. So if those are skewed, then the odds would but skewed. Hmmmm.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The odds are from an actual betting site, so they use a formula to do with perceived popularity, number of bets that are being put on the housemate, size of the bets, and other things. If the show is lying about the votes, and therefore lying about the hms' popularity, then yes that would skew the odds because it affects all those things I mentioned.

But I am pretty sure Tim was mistaken about the show being able to lie about the votes. Like I mentioned before, they may round the numbers to increase drama but I would be so surprised if they were allowed to actually change the percentages. But then again I don't know anything about the laws on this there.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The bookies were almost always accurate for BBUK, and I dont think they usually gave out percentages on the show. Occasionally if it was an extreme number, and just for the evictee, but not regularly and with graphs like they do on BBAU.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
The only reason I think Skye has lost fans is that every post they put on the show's Facebook page draws so many negative comments about her. I also notice this in the Youtube comments for the episodes. She still has defenders, but it doesn't seem like she's as popular as she once was.

Frankly, I like strategic Skye better than the little girl character she started out with. It's a shame that people in the house had the opposite reaction. Mostly I wish she'd relax and forget about the cameras. She and Leo are too concerned with how they're coming across. It reminds me of Ed from last year, so worried that Tim was making him look bad.

I like both Lina and Penny. I'd rather see Leo, David, and Ryan go before either of them. I wish Lina had been an original. I even like Richard. If he's playing David's game, he's doing it better. It would be a shame to see him go so soon.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Why are the wednesday eviction episodes always so late to show up?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Watching it now. The Hunger Games ripoff is a bit weak.

And the Chloe joke, far too obvious with her name on both the front and back of her shirt.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
It was good that they saved Leo first, after Skye was shown to be so sure it would be her that she was practicing her save accepotance speech.

Ryan is the second saved.
Its down to Penny, Richard and Skye.

Looks like its Richard if you go by screen time

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Lol okay that was fun. Skye and her big mouth, they deliberately made her sweat it down to the final eviction.

Penny was saved and it was down to Richard and Skye. Sonia seemed to drag it out even more than usual, but it was Richard who went of course.

So Tom went and now Richard. This is why they brought in the late intruders.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Who is this Chloe? Is she an Australian celebrity?

No surprise eviction again, Richard is gone as expected. However, I predicted Skye to be just above Richard and it could very well be so, as far as votes to save. Unless it was Big Brother's way to tell Skye to stop believing herself the winner, I don't understand why they couldn't do so 'behind the scenes' (it happens in the US all the time, they get tutored in the DR I'm sure), so why not let Skye know the public is getting tired of her 'entitlement' attitude and to be a bit more humble. To say that she can't believe the winner is sitting right in this chair while she was in the DR it was pushing it too much. If they decide to air al her nonsense for sure the public will get tired of her and her popularity is going down fast.

I wouldn't mind Pryia winning the game, I'd like a smart player to win and not someone who's popular because of personality perceived by the public as portrayed by Big Brother, if it has to always be a personality contest I'm not for it. One strong plus for the USBB is the fact that you can fight to stay in the game, you can't deny the POV competition to be a strong plus for a BB game.

Now that we know the family relatives will help with the nominations it could be David nominated again, however Skye and Pryia got already 3 penalty points, I expect a lot of people nominated unless Big Brother decides to have the top 3 plus any ties, it's up to Travis to juggle that but I think he will make a mess of his power.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
No Skye was at no risk of going. Sonia made a point of saying that the saves were in no particular order.

It was done on purpose to make Skye sweat for her overconfidence.

They didnt do it in private because that wouldnt be interesting for the viewers. They couldnt care less about how she is perceived, they just want to milk every situation for ratings.

Chloe was probably an actress. As Sonia pointed out before that segment,it was a running joke. Earlier this season when they did the fake internet chats, Dion/Jason and then later Ryan/Sam asked David questions that David thought were from a female fan named Chloe. And then they have been teasing him about it ever since.
A lot of them know it was fake, but they can't let Dave in on it because its either outside info (for the neighbors) or from a power play that can't be discussed.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Flagg, incredible how many details I miss and yet I'm trying to be attentive, I do remember that joke on David.

The cheers for Skye in the audience may be misleading, she may think she is very popular because of those cheers, however she should realize that most people attending are locals, from the Gold Coast where she is from, it may come to her as a shock if she is evicted next week. Maybe Big Brother is trying to prepare her, however I need to see what she does next because once the worst is passed she is back to being herself again and forgets about how close to eviction she was. I'd rather see her as natural as possible, if she starts to be too bratty or too argumentative with the boys she may get in real trouble and Pryia, David and Ryan will rejoice knowing she's getting herself evicted.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
So Tom and Richard got no "$5000 voucher" from appliancesonline.com.au...

I bet the 4 "neighbors" really were a last minute addition to the show to try to salvage the ratings and they obviously didnt have the prizes budgeted for them.

Either that or the show lost the sponsor, which would be a lot worse.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Its easy to miss some details if you are not used to the Australian accent. I had trouble when I first started watching it, but its been a while now and Im used to it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I didn't notice the missing $5000 voucher! I hope they don't give them to the originals when they go, because that would be a little unfair!

When "Chloe" came in they said she was the winner of an online competition for fans to play that role.

Richard was no surprise, although I liked him. I think Lina will definitely be up next week and should go if it's a double. With the final on the 26th (two weeks today!) I think it will be a double or maybe triple next week, to leave five or six.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She's just said on Monday night "eight will become seven," so that's my answer there. If there's an eviction on Monday I'm sure there'll be one Tuesday too.

Wish they had revealed the voting percentages, although the trouble with the vote to save is always that in the late stages it reveals the winner. Skye is almost certain to be safe next week, wherever she actually ranked this week, because her fans have been reminded to save her. (Not that I'm suggesting she wasn't actually near the top of the votes anyway.)

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea thats probably why they arent revealing percentages. Its too close to the end and people might get complacent and not vote.

I would not be surprised if thats a large part of the reasoning behind making it look like Skye was in danger of eviction. They want the money from the votes for the most popular housemate.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I think they mainly wanted to make Skye sweat it out. They kept showing those scenes of her planning to be saved and saying she wasn't going to pack. In a sense I get it. Her and Leo are into that whole "the secret" thing where you put your positive expectations out there believing "the Universe" will reward you for your faith. But it comes across as cocky, and a bit insulting to the other nominees.

Lina needs to lay off the boys vs. girls stuff. Travis and Leo have been socializing with the girls all along. Ryan only has David now. I don't think the feminism angle is going to win over viewers, either. If you want to win the game, earn it. Don't just point out your gender and do the "it's our turn" bit.

I'm glad this show doesn't have a veto competition. I'd hate to see someone annoying get saved from eviction every week just because they're good at competitions. This is a popularity contest and the winner is whoever was the most entertaining. BBUS has had so many crummy seasons because the viewers can't save the best personalities, so we end up with boring people who can win games.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode starts off immediately with the narrator going on about Skye and how she was too overconfident and "now she finds herself within an inch of being evicted."
What a complete and utter lie.
Sonia made a point of saying that the saves were in no particular order, so Skye was probably in no danger whatsoever. Plus they never showed the actual percentages to prove whether or not Skye was really "within an inch of being evicted".

Its all fabricated to create drama, get people voting and keep them watching.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Travis as HoH is the only housemate to actually nominate. I thought he would throw them away on the intruders but he actually does quite well and gives Dave 3/Ryan 2.

The rest of the nominations are by the housemate's loved ones/friends.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
The nominations are pretty funny. Some of them nominate for ridiculous reasons, probably trying not to be mean.

David's Dad nominated Leo because he is always eating and David's Dad is trying to lose weight. Also nominates Priya

Penny's hippy mother nominated Leo for not being "sun-safe" and tanning outside with oil, and Travis for not recycling.

Lina's brother nominates David for being "least genuine in the house", aggressive and arrogant.
and Ryan for strategic reasons.

Leo's friend nominates Skye and Dave for strategic reasons.

Ryan's sister nominates Priya for rallying troops to form an alliance against Ryan. Lina for the same reason.

Travis's mom nominates Ryan for nominated Travis most of the time, and Leo as a "dark horse" and because she thinks he is favoring Skye because of her popularity.

Priya's husband nominates David for arguing with Priya and Ryan because he had such an easy ride through the game.

Skye's sister nominates David because he is annoying and has a smart attitude, and Lina because she hasn't been up yet.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
16 David
10 Priya
09 Ryan
05 Leo
05 Skye

So Lina, Penny and Travis are definitely through to the finals.
Strange that there is a tie and yet they didnt put up more people. Thats the top 4 scores so the next lower score should be nominated as well.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Skye of course doesn't get why Leo's friend would nominate her. He explained that it was strategic and he thought Skye had a good chance of winning over Leo, but all Skye can focus on is
"he knows you would want me here with you so why would he nominate me?"

Penny looks really bad when she cries. She does it a lot tonight.

Hard to say who will go next, my guess is Leo as the rest of them have a bigger following.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Looks like they did some creative editing and time shifting once again. Now they are back to the rewind task and Richard is still there?

Be sure to watch all the way to the end, there is a quite funny Big Brother comment in the last few seconds..

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The only nomination I found a bit odd was Leo's friend nominating Skye, with her 3 penalty nominations she's again on the block and the only original left is Travis with two recent intruders safe.

I think it wasn't a lie by Sonia and BB that Skye was in danger of eviction, I believe she was just above Richard, as reading several polls most Australians want her out. She's not learning from all this hints and gets mad to be on the block again.

Since it's again a double eviction, I see Skye going either Monday or Tuesday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wherever Skye was she'll be safe next week, because of the rebound effect of being "in danger."

It's both good and bad the originals are the only ones up. It seems like the way it should have been all along, but then with the newbies it seems like they should have gone. I think Leo will go Monday, and sadly Priya on Tuesday.