TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2014: BBAU 2014: Archive through September 17, 2014 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
they said it would be a series of "knockout heats", so no, not an endurance competition.

So it will probably be first 4 matches of 1 pair vs 1 pair and then the 4 winning pairs would go on to the next round and compete against each other (2 matches). Then the 2 winning pairs will fight in the final match for the prize.

I agree that letting the houseguests choose the evictee from the evicted pair is a terrible idea. I suspect there will be a lot of backlash from the fans about it.
I also have to wonder about the legality of it since viewers will be paying for their votes and yet will have no say over who goes.

Did this alleged eviction plan come from an official source somewhere?

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Not a word on the official site about how voting will work. Where did that info come from?

I didn't see Sonia mention it on the show, but I may have skipped over it. I tend to skip over the worthless repetitions Sonia is always spouting on the "live" shows that have no reason to be a live show.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Flagg in not liking what they've done to BBAU. The biggest reason I enjoyed BBAU the best is that it was all about fun. And fun is what's needed after a Helen winning BBUK, a bullying CBB (but someone redeemed by the final outcome) and a boring BBUS.

BBAU was just fine as it was (especially coming off a great 2003 season with Tim, Ben, Drew, Tahan, etc.) Even though that 2003 casting would be next to impossible to match, they didn't need to add any Grodner-like twists to their format.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Flagg, the bit I put in bold on my last post was what Sonia said in today's show, right near the end, the last couple of minutes. Pretty sure I understood it correctly.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It's ironic--the BB that needs retooling the most just keeps plodding along with no changes, while the BB that was just fine the way it was is now changing.

Gibraltar

08-31-2013

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gibraltar a private message Print Post    
I'm disappointed also with the talks about nominations ... and the fact that the HMs will ultimately decide who gets evicted. It seems like a completely different show than last season :-( And once the HMs know they have the power, I don't think there will be any team spirit, but most likely campaigning for themselves alone instead of the two-by-two design (fair or not) that I thought they were going for this season.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I heard it as well, Kitt. I went back and re-listened before I posted. I was that shocked and dismayed.

They should nom the pairs, but let the public vote for which person they want to evict just like they always have.

I am glad there will at least be noms by the HG's this week. I thought the power couple would be nomming who was up for eviction. Instead, they switched two couples.

I keep forgetting to mention how much Priya's hissing bothers me. When she says a word that ends with 's' she says....sssssssssssssss. She even does it with some words that don't end in 's.' Extremely irritating habit.

I'm not happy that Katie/Priya were able to buy immunity this week. Not fair.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Sorry, guess I did skip over that part. As I said, I always skip over Sonia on these meaningless "live" shows.

Whats the point of a live show and a studio audience when all they do is sit there and watch video screens? nobody comes out, nobody goes in. No need for a live audience OR Sonia. It just wastes time that would be better spent on more highlights footage.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's to draw people into Dreamland theme park. People think something good might happen on BB so they decide to go and then, "gee, let's spend the day there."

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
sorry did an edit and it posted double

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Thats probably it. I think that audience members have to pay for the live show tickets and the ticket includes admission to DreamWorld.

DreamWorld probably requires them to do a certain number of live shows each season.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
The live shows also sometimes gives the housemates an idea of who is popular and who is unpopular. Like during the eviction prank that guy shouted out someone's name as if they hoped the evictee was that person. Was it Lisa he was calling for? She looked a bit embarrassed at that.

Totally agree that Sam and Ryan are not weak together. They should have swapped Travis and Ryan with Jake and Gemma or Sky and Lisa.

What happens when only one person goes home? They'll have one player on their own.

I can't help but wonder what's going on in the house that we're not seeing because we don't have live feeds. Like maybe there's some other reason the women haven't taken to David.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 1:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Looking at the Dreamworks website, it's AUD $18 for admission to BBAU's Monday Live show and AUD $30-$50 for admission to BBAU's Eviction shows. I don't think either includes the cost for admission to the theme park as prices for that are much higher:

http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/Tickets

https://events.ticketbooth.com.au/events/19213

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I believe the 2 new HM will probably be animals - I'm guessing a dog & a parrot.

Them mixing up Sam/Cat with Travis/Ryan allows them to break up 2 strong pairs. Just shaking up the pairs has to unsettle them both. The other pairs are weak enough already with incompatible people but ... I agree Sam/Cat will doubtfully weaken Travis or Ryan.

BBAU always has way different shows every year, they aren't like BBUS where you can plot every move. The HM never know what they are in for. I *loved* every minute of last year's show but really wouldn't want a rerun.

BBAU has always had (in recent year's at least) a vote to save, not a vote to evict, so this year isn't that much different. The pair with the least votes will have one person evicted by the HM. That's way more personal than a nomination.

I am *very* disappointed that BBAU doesn't even have updates of what's going on in the house. Bad enough not having live feeds. I'm just not connecting with the house & the HM. I feel like we're just not getting much of a picture of what's going on or how they are doing in the house.

JBW, I've always felt that the BBAU live show cost weren't included with a pass to Dreamworld - I don't think they've ever had admission as low as $18 but I've seen tickets *much* higher than $50. I guess the live shows produce a good income source for BB - shame they don't try to sell live feeds, I think they'd make much more.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Tim Dormer's take on Week 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVA0RAMcoA#t=50

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Yea the ticket prices I saw mentioned in previous seasons were MUCH higher.

Anyway, Katie and Priya, after Priya says they needed to play "smart" in their challenge, made probably the stupidest move possible in the tie breaker.

The winner was the guess closest to the actual answer. A number from 1 to 10, and they picked 1? Worst possible guess and the question is irrelevant. A guess of 1 only allows them to come close in 1 direction. If they honestly thought the answer would be low then they should have picked 3 as that would allow them to be close (within 2) from a range of 1 to 5 rather than just 1 to 3. They still would have lost but at least it would have been a smarter guess.

That was a poorly designed competition as the questions were all far too obvious. As soon as I saw what it was I kind of knew it would end up going to a tie breaker.

This competition also brings to mind another issue I had with the "swap" yesterday. How were they supposed to judge how a swap could help them if they had no idea what the competitions would be and have no past experience in competitions to draw from?

If its going to be all questions then they probably did Travis and Ryan a favor by splitting them up.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Also, for a tie breaker you don't do a number from 1 to 10. Too few options and its too easy to have another tie.

What if both teams picked the same number or were both within 1? They'd have to do ANOTHER tie breaker. This is why BBUS tie breakers are always fairly large numbers.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree Flagg, the swap seems to me useless with those type of comps, but maybe later on it will be a physical comp and this is why they mixed the pairs, weak and strong.. but I think it was better to leave the couples as they were. Also, if the pairs, like David and Sandra, hate each other, it would be easier for the housemates to vote out the one no one likes so far (David).

The little dogs, all white and fluffy are great with the surrounding, but I think Mr. Clooney was cuter.

When they said Skie would marry for money I was saying to myself, "of course not", they're reading the girl all wrong, and she was rightly upset they think so of her.

By the way, forget youtube, there are better ways to watch the episodes and excellent quality without all the shutting down we see on youtube.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Youtube is usually my last resort. They tend to show up in other places earlier.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 2:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up about the Tim recap, Jbw. I wonder how he knows some of the housemates already knew each other if BB didn't know.

I'll bet Sandra will be relieved when they find out that only one of the pair gets evicted. Still, I hope she gets out of this mood she's in and starts having fun.

I felt bad for Skye for two reasons. This thing with Jake was looking like Jade and Ed all over again. I hate to see her looking like a fool, like the clip of her dancing all goofy while Jake was elsewhere talking about not being into her. That was just sad. But then during the competition he talked about her like they were a couple, so who knows? Then I felt bad when she got hurt feelings about that competition question. I would've chosen Skye as more likely to marry for money simply because I would think she'd be more likely to attract a millionaire. I just can't imagine Lisa as a trophy wife.

For some reason, I haven't found Cat to be that interesting. When David warned Sandra about last year's evictee who cleaned too much I couldn't remember who that was, but I do know the first one out was Sharon. Granted Sharon was nominated for not being sociable enough, but I think she was evicted for not standing out as much as the others. Cat reminds me of her a bit in that regard.

Last year, those little three minute clips of live feeds they used to post each hour or so really did help get a feel for what was happening in the house. Too bad they aren't doing that this year. I wonder why.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Im up early and found a live feed of Channel 9 so I guess I will be watching live this morning.

Should be starting in a minute if the schedule I read is correct.

Nominations in this episode, finally.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Hah now Skye is crying in the DR about Lisa taking the dogs out in the morning without her.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well, that was a bad idea. Commercials during BBAU are numerous and lengthy.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Well the swap may have ended up helping a bit after all.

Travis/Kat lost to Jake/Gemma and it was due to the fact that Travis didn't know his partner very well. If it had been Travis/Ryan, they probably would have won this round.

Nominations start and it's the 5 nominations point deal again.

Katie/Priya are first.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Nominations on BBAU are bad enough with 1 person nominating, with how strict BB is about proper reasons, specific details, etc.

Having pairs nominating together makes this twice as difficult.