TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 04, 2003

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2003: General Discussions: Archive through July 04, 2003 users admin

Friday, May 23, 2003 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Welcome to Big Brother UK 2003.

(22)

Wilsonatmd

Friday, May 23, 2003 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
This started tonight....the site is really fritzy right now:
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/

....I can tell you the feeds are pay-per-view (about $8.50 a month with the exchange rate. You have to get the Channel 4 Broadband pass apparently, the Superpass won't work here since it's a different country's content, but I'm not 100% sure on it) according to the site. Joker's is doing updates tho:

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=BigBrotherUK4

it could be an intersting week....after just two hours of getting to know each other, BB decided to spring the first nominations on them already.

Deedee

Friday, May 23, 2003 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deedee a private message Print Post    
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/index.html

This is the UK BB page.

Justin42

Friday, May 23, 2003 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
So... how many US fans sign up for BBUK? I am seriously debating it this year, but am scared it'll "taint" the US experience. (I'm sure my boss, who puts up with my summer addiction, may be a bit less willing to put up with me running BB 4-5 months a year)

Has anyone experienced BB burnout trying to follow 2 countries in a row?

Monkeyboy

Monday, May 26, 2003 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Monkeyboy a private message Print Post    
Some of these people have interesting names!

Donut

Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donut a private message Print Post    
i like the name Nush.

(hubby was missing BB and went on a search and found BB UK and was excited and played a clip and then said it was the same kind of jerky attitudes and bullsh*t that they had on the U.S BB3 and now he lost his enthusiam for the upcoming US one

so, I guess that not only can 2 BBs in a row burn you out, but apparently one minute can as well..

Theowl

Friday, May 30, 2003 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Theowl a private message Print Post    
Is there something wrong with Bastable's post, or is he/she being a very bad boy/girl?

Bastable

Friday, May 30, 2003 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
No, Owl, there was a board crash. I'm a good boy!

I was just saying that I have had no trouble signing up for and accessing the 4Broadband feeds for the UK BB. Yippee! I got to watch the eviction of the first HG tonight (yes--they show them live on the feeds in Britain!! Are you reading this, Arnie?)

And I hoped that it boded well for this summer's US feeds, which were so disastrous last year for many of us.

Iceprincess

Friday, June 06, 2003 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iceprincess a private message Print Post    
Did BBUK start yet?? I wanted to watch that this year?

Kris

Bastable

Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
There's a chicken cam! Man oh man does that bring back memories of BB1!

Goddessatlaw

Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
What are they doing with chickens? By the way, the UK Sun follows BBUK with a passion, with all the tabloid sleeze the UK dailies are known for. Anyone interested in catching up on BBUK should check out their daily stories - they're really funny with all the British slang, etc. I haven't followed it much this year, but always enjoyed it in the past. Bastable, I'm envious of your live feeds.

Bastable

Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Don't be jealous, GAL. The houseguests are wankers.

Bastable

Monday, June 16, 2003 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Here's a great twist: This Friday in the Big Brother UK house, TWO houseguests will be evicted instead of the usual one. They can do this because the nominations are talled according to viewer votes; the top three or more HGs will be up for eviction, and two will go.

Perhaps the next step for BB UK is the return of one of them later in the game?

Calico

Monday, June 16, 2003 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calico a private message Print Post    
The same thing is happening in the BB Aussie house this week.

Wilsonatmd

Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
and another twist....one of the UK HG's will leave tommorrow....to spend a few days in the BB House in South Africa! And one of the African BB HG's will come there to spend a few days in the UK house...it's been done before, trading HG's...

Calico

Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calico a private message Print Post    
Cameron is going to South Africa

Britchick

Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
Is anyone still following this? I have been on vacation (in the States, in fact :) ) for the last three weeks but now I'm back home and back into Big Brother as usual.

It's true that it hasn't been as fun as other years (I know, I know, I say that every year but this year I mean it). The swap with the BB Africa house really showed us how dull our housemates were, on the whole. Not Cameron, though, who seemed to have a great time in Africa and has been a little bit more frisky since he returned :) However, they've just introduced a new housemate and there is potential for the final 4 weeks.

I'm happy to do some mini-updates here if people are interested. I did that last year for the UK BB.

As a point of interest, viewers here found the BB Africa house so interesting during the swap that a cable channel in the UK has started showing daily 30 minute updates of BB Africa! Maybe we should abandon our national version and adopt a more interesting one! On the other hand, we have just sent Anoushka - the first contestant to be evicted from UK BB - out to take part in the Australian BB house for a while. I'm liking all this international BB action!

Bastable

Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
It's a great idea, isn't it?

I mean, can't you just see American falling in love with Craig from BB1?

The Real World gets international from time to time: Lars and Neil in London, and the Irish guy in Paris right now. It works really well.

I'd love to have an excuse to ship Tanya out of the country!

Theowl

Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Theowl a private message Print Post    
Welcome back BritChick!! I wondered where you were!! Keep up the posting. It really is great hearing from you.

Britchick

Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
Hi guys, it's good to be back :)

I will keep my promise to do regular updates here but I don't think I will have time to do much today. Tomorrow is eviction night, of course. Three people up for eviction this week, two of them for the first time ever:

Ray - 25 year old from Ireland, initially the favourite to win, has been in trouble with Big Brother on a number of occasions for breaking the rules.

Gos - 31 year old chef from London, has kept a fairly low profile apart from cooking the meals and he is (unsurprisingly) the favourite to be evicted tomorrow.

Nush - 23 year old yoga fanatic, who has been a favourite with several of the male housemates, including the visiting housemate from BB Africa (he told the Africa housemate that he had slept with her, even though it was not true and he was later forced to admit he was lying). Nush can't help taking her second nomination in a row personally. She has had some serious chats with Big Brother since nominations were announced.

That's all for now, but I will write a better update tomorrow.

Britchick

Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
Oops, I am definitely tired today. I said that eviction night was tomorrow. That was wishful thinking - eviction night is Friday. Unfortunately it's only Wednesday today. Can't you tell I've only just got back from holiday? Three full days of work and I'm already wishing for the weekend :)

I have been reading some of the updates I posted on last year's UK BB and it has really made me realise how much less interesting it is this year. It's not just my imagination or the classic everything-was-better-in-the-olden-days feeling. This year's show is just not as exciting or eventful. Of course, that hasn't stopped me watching it every night :)

Tink_A_Belle

Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tink_A_Belle a private message Print Post    
Hi,

I'm in France watching BB_UK as well and I must say after having watched BB-USA for 3 years this was my first BB_UK year and I had great expectations. Unfortunately this must be the dullest group of people ever put together in a house. These people are utterly boring, no gameplans, no scheming, no alliances, nobody is in the house to win. I must say that's no wonder comparing the $500,000 to £70,000 price. The only person who was remotely interesting was Jon, but he was probably too intelligent and did not fit in with the rest and was voted out.
I can't wait for BB-USA to start!

Bastable

Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
Anouska, the first evictee from BB UK this summer, is now a contestant in the Australian house, having recently been added into the group!

For a look at her and the remaining Australian HGs, check this link: http://bigbrother.optus.com.au/hm.asp

Britchick

Friday, July 04, 2003 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Britchick a private message Print Post    
I love the idea of Anouska turning up in the Australian BB house, but she is apparently not a contestant (she is not eligible to win the money) as she will just be visiting for four days. Should be good though. She was entertaining, at least.

Tink_A_Belle, I have to agree. This is a disappointing BB year for us in the UK. The previous years really were much more interesting. There are some crucial differences between the US and UK versions though and I have to say that I often prefer the UK version. For example, housemates are not allowed to discuss nominations *at* *all* in the UK. So there can be no alliances formed or scheming on that front. However, the benefit is that the public get to vote out the people they don't like from the people nominated by the housemates. This is great, much more interactive and - when the housemates are more exciting and loveable/hateable - is one of the things that has made BB one of my favourite shows ever.

Plus, I'm afraid to say I was never a Julie Chen fan and I think our presenter in the UK, Davina McCall, is much much better.

Having said that, if I can get access to cable TV then I will *definitely* be watching US BB in a few weeks :)

Bastable

Friday, July 04, 2003 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bastable a private message Print Post    
I'm sitting here watching Gos read a book on UK BB's live feeds.

I have heard many complaints that this year's BB UK is dull as a sack of dirt. If they want to make this show more interesting, why do they let them read books all day? The US show bans books (not that the contestants we have would bother reading them anyway).