TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
8th Episode - May 1st

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 8th Episode - May 1st users admin

"That's What Being Strong Will Do"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico -> Colombia -> Chile -> Argentina -> Uruguay -> Barbados

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 05, 2024Karuuna25 05-05-24  1:37 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The crew drivers may have been local people, but the crew should have been staff of the amazing race. The staff should have been reachable. There is no excuse. If they erred, they should have been canned.
The film the week before said a bad decision by Danny, so it makes me wonder if there was room to pull over and they did not as part of the problem. Racing decisions are not corrected if questionable. I remember early in the series one person godysentery due to having to do a task in infected water and got sick during the race, she could not be treated unless she dropped out or fetched the rest spot. One of the tasks was drinking some foul tea, most people did it reluctantly,but did it. She would drink a sip then get really ill. It took forever to finish that task and they got eliminated. It was an illness caused by the race.1

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking...there obviously was a camera in Danny and mom's cart. I wonder why they just couldn't have made the decision to let them continue...then had another crew (either from a previous team that arrived) or have their crew go straight to the mat checkpoint and film from there. They had footage from the cart and footage of the arrival.

Of course, I guess if you have a rule you have to stick to it...but it seems it could have been worked around maybe.

In any case, like I mentioned before, I doubt the mom could have kept up in the final legs? But Danny was so excellent in propelling his mom in tasks...they just might have made it. Especially if another team had an equivalent mess up. Did anyone keep track of how many challenges the mom did versus the son? I have seen in the past, teams will try to have the weaker one do most of the initial ones, so they save the ones towards the end for the stronger teammate. Since the ones at the end are harder. Seemed that the son did more of them? If that's the case, I think their chance to win in the end would have been decreased

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Honestly, if the mom wasnt helped in that puzzle task a couple weeks ago she would have been out. I feel like this was nature correcting itself lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol right, forgot about that!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, May 05, 2024 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
She was helped in that puzzle contest by a person who felt Dannys map skills helped them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And if Danny hadn't shared directions, outcomes may have differed.

Their elimination, to me, cannot be shrugged off by assuming what would happen in the future.

And it wasn't clear cut to the production people. Mike Bloom says they described awkwardly standing on the mat which production staff discussed what to do.

It wasn't their finest hour.

The winners of the last season aired were shocked to hear how long they had to wait to start the next task and said they would have reacted strongly in that situation.

Film can be and is edited. Danny and Angie were there,and I imagine that if they were lying, they would be called out by producers or CBS.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can understand the issue with losing the crew. What I don’t understand is how it took the crew so long to catch up? It’s a small island. That’s absurd. They should at most have been five minutes behind them. Something isn’t adding up?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And it could not have happened to a nicer team...can imagine the reactions, had it happened to a few of the more grumpy teams they have had.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, several teams would have reacted badly. I would have.

Angie and Danny have had a couple of years to deal with it.

She says at that point she had moved from racing for her son's dream and struggling, to being into it for herself, too. Danny says they don't show how Angie was like a mom to lots of the racers.

But Angie said she found a new confidence and the next year she traveled to Ireland with her daughter, they backpacked, drove on the left side and that before the race experience she wouldn't have been open to that.

So they are making lemonade out of a large lemon!

Jimmer, it sounds like production really dropped the ball. After 90 minutes one person opened the car door and said their penalty was over, but they were never given a penalty!

Then they suddenly had a new crew 30 minutes before theirs showed up. And at the mat, more time elapsed before production concluded that they were eliminated!

I do wonder if and how they will spin this at the beginning of the next episode?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That is the biggest take away for most all contestants on all competition shows...they say they come away from the experience with a newfound confidence and discovery of themselves. So in that respect, they are still winners

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, for sure.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: