TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Episode - April 10 -

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 5th Episode - April 10 - users admin

"Save the Stress For Later"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico -> Colombia

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Getting this started for tonight, I almost forgot.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo. :-)

I'm enjoying this season so far. All the people on the show seem nice. It hasn't been the most exciting season but I'm just happy we're getting to see The Amazing Race.

LOL I am sorry that we didn't get to see the twins solve the puzzle or do the dancing. I like competitive teams and I know they weren't competitive but they were still enjoying the experience and I found them a lot of fun.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Group 1 9 am Ceasars. Vinnie amber
Group 2 9:15. angie and Danny Rod and Leticia Juan and Shane
Group 3. 9:30 rest

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It's a stick. Love it. There are people who know and others that blame the car

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
They were in Chile tonight. Argentina next, I think I heard them say.

Interesting dynamic between Rod and Leticia. She don't take no male supremacist guff, and she does not get ruffled.

I love Ricky and Cesar, of course.

I can't get real excited about the overly-anxious Juan and Shane who should be running away with this.

The cousins - bless their hearts.

Derek and Shelisa are like beloved Timex watches. They just keep on ticking.

Amber and Vinny are SO painful to watch. He's either got to love the one he's with or trade her in for a more zippy partner, like if he had an athletic sister.

Danny and Mom, delightful. Mom raised him to be too kind. He just can't stop helping his opponents win. Although I bet Amber says prayers for him every night. Well, in fairness, Amber helped Danny get back into the top on the statues comp.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am stunned at how well Danny and Mom are doing. I did not expect them to last this long.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amber and Vinny helped them at the beginning of the leg with the route.and Danny helped Vinny at the skateboard task. That was good.

But Danny helping stronger teams who don't help them..

Ricky and Cesar are having a great time, but I think even Phil cautioned them about winning all the prizes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so many teams to root for. Juju, I agree with all that you said.

Lexie, I am shocked they are still there but happy they are. Next week looks ruff for the mom but hopefully it is misdirection

Sad to see the cousins go.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love how Leticia speaks up for herself. I like that team a lot.

Amber and Vinny are harder to figure out. I'm not sure if she's "high maintenance" or what. He seems very sincere in dealing with her and I tend to feel like she's being difficult at times under the stress of TAR. But they seem to be willing to try to work on it.

The firefighters are surprisingly bumbling around. Not sure why they are always bring up the rear.

No real villians this season which always makes the show enjoyable. who would have guessed Ricky and Cesar would dominate? I wonder if they will do as well if they go to a place where they don't speak the language.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do like Leticia!!

There is a real language factor this season with several teams one or two Spanish speakers and with the itinerary favoring them. They might hit Portuguese..

I am sure that Vinny speaking Spanish surprises some people.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I didn't see Amber as being 'high maintenance' at all but rather being given unrealistic expectations by her athletic-minded partner. I'm over all these athletic men, on both TAR and Survivor, who seem to think they can control what their partner accomplishes by using sport-training tactics. This is not football camp and I am not enjoying watching these guys at all.

I honestly think Ricky and Cesar are doing so well because neither is hyper athletic and both are working equally to keep the team balanced and moving forward. That's the way it should be on this race.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree that Vinny tries to be a trainer but Amber IS a bit thin skinned as well. And being on this race stresses people and exaggerates their weaknesses.

And it seems like almost no one in any season is totally comfortable reading maps, although we may only get coverage of the problems..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
And, in all fairness, speaking of maps, perhaps only Mom/Angie, and Shelisa and Derek, are old enough to know that people once ONLY navigated via maps.

Oh! Duh! That is why the contestants are more and more getting lost ALL THE TIME on Amazing Race.

Wait!!! Maybe I could still, as a geriatric, go on Amazing Race as a 3rd contestant navigator!! Each team gets a navigator! Yes! I have navigated me and Bigdog all over the world on all sorts of transit. Everybody who has traveled with me knows that if I scream out "Everybody BACK ON THE BUS!", we all get back on the bus. Period.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Very true about maps, although there are still lots of maps online and many websites include links to maps.

Yes, you would have the navigation under control.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I see Vinny as accentuating Amber’s weaknesses. When she is not feeling/acting confident about something he points it out and makes it bigger than it is and makes her feel worse about it and it stresses her even more.

Right now I think he’s trying to be helpful but I’m not fully convinced it’s not some kind of controlling behavior by him. They are interesting but painful to watch.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, watching Vinny and Amber makes me uncomfortable and I can't exactly figure out why as they aren't yelling or rude. But he also makes me uncomfortable, and maybe it is because his supporting remarks to her contain a hint of critique. Interesting.

As for maps -- some people just can't read them. My mom never could and my daughter inherited that inability. So frustrating!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant read a map to save my life. I would always handwrite directions such as turn right on Warner, turn left on Bristol...Don't tell me to go south! tell me right or left lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The trouble with the map reading doesn't seem so much the map, as knowing where they are. They have to navigate from the back of the car, so seeing the signs to find out how far along the road they're on - even if it's the right road - must be difficult. If the driver misses the signs, which is easy given how much else they have to look at, they're stuck.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, Kitt... I think you have to mark out the route you want to take while sitting still, and then the navigator/map person can help watch for signs.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I have a friend who cannot do north, south, etc.

I read maps very well, but I write out directions like you do and if I am not familiar with an area I will write "Right on Brookhurst, pass Talbert, pass Slater, right on Warner.

Not that I would need that detail on those particular streets, but I like details!

And Kitt.. Yeah, being stuck in the back to accommodate the camera, isn't helpful.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It would be awkward riding around all day with someone pointing a camera at you, especially during intense moments. I wonder if they have any sort of relationship with their camera person? Are they allowed to chat with them? Do they become friends? Has anyone commented about this?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I remember reading that the camera/video crew are rotated between teams every leg. Even the video and the camera person are rotated among themselves. So there is never the same crew working together. That ensures that no team gets any preferential attention from the crew but also makes it hard for the contestants to form a solid bond with any crew members. However, I'm sure there are crew members that the teams like better than others, and vise versa. Like Jonathan and Victoria, the arguing married couple was not well liked by any of the crew or cast mates lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And they are on the plane together in this season.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: