TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4th Episode - April 3rd

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 4th Episode - April 3rd users admin

"Those Who Wander Are Not Lost"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico -> Colombia

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode is titled "Those Who Wander Are Not Lost".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, just came to start it!! Thanks

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I always appreciate it whenever you get threads going for us. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And from previews Mom and son look much happier.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so they prolly get philiminated tonite LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Could not BELIEVE the two responsible for the Those Who Wander title did not get eliminated. Those scenes were so painful to watch, especially after the nerdy puzzle-loving son did it in four minutes. Okay, fifteen.

Be sure to watch through to the end of tonight's show when Phil hops double-dutch.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2024 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
What a strange show. You don't have to run all the time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The puzzle was really fairly simple compared to the dancing. Talk about over thinking something! I'm so surprised they were not Philiminated.

Things to do with my child -- make sure she can read a map, and learn to do puzzles. lol.

But Wow Colombia -- so pretty. Makes me want to visit!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The scene where the dog was riding down the escalator made me laugh out loud. So cute!

Yes, Phil doing double-dutch was cute. I always enjoy the teams doing dancing. You could tell after a while the guy judging them just gave up--he was like "close enough".

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree it seemed that the dancing was much more difficult to do then solving the puzzle. I was glad to see they didn't make them do those moves where they are down on the ground and twirling on their hands!

The first problem for Sunny and Bizzy is that they started with reading the puzzle from right to left. Then when one would it read a clue as "world", the other insisted on keeping it as "earth". It really was painful to watch.

I also felt for Michelle in the sculpture map task. I think of myself as a visual person but that map looked off to me as far as how the buildings were laid out. It reminded me of a map of a mall but not as well laid out. And yes, the end of the show with them and Phil was a delight!

Kudos to you, Brenda, because sadly I have yet to see one place I would like to visit.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That mountain with the stairs! That was so beautiful! And then that square with all of the statues. We have two of those out in front of our theater in Denver. I would love to see those. I thought the city looked so cool, with the bridges over the river.

And yes, thanks to 90 minute episodes we get to see fun stuff like Phil jump roping. Priceless.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Loved this ep! Loved the ending with Phil. Was sorry to see the DD team go. I felt so bad for her. I would have sucked at that challenge, I'm directionally impaired as well

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 04, 2024 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The two girls Sunny and Bitzy were cracking me up on some of their guesses on the Rebus. I don't know how the guy kept a straight face. Somehow they got it in the end

I never want to go back to 60 minute episodes! Love all the little scenes we get to see because of the extra time

Super impressed with Ricky and Cesar. They make it look so easy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The dog on the escalator was wonderful!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The one time I had to take Sadie, my dog, on an escalator she would not step on it. I had to carry all 70 pounds of her until I stepped off. That dog must have needed that ride,

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was a street dog. There are dogs like that who ride the subway in New York.

It looked like those escalators were common there. And that dog certainly knew where it wanted to go.

I wouldn't have tried that with any of my past dogs, though service and guide dogs must learn to navigate situations like that...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2024 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I had no idea there are outdoor street elevators in Medellin, Colombia. The only place in the world I have seen them is Hong Kong, where I thought they were a wonderful idea. I have read about the New York City subway dogs. Escalator dogs seems much simpler than subway dogs. I thought that was a VERY cute clip to include in the footage and not sure how many people caught it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There are outside escalators at Fashion Island in Newport Beach.. they pop out right by California Pizza Kitchen and Cheesecake Factory.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have found some of these tasks this season are way more "confusing" than in previous seasons. A couple of weeks ago it was find the group of flags that isn't like the other out of 1,000 flags, then it was the statues/map task last night.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It seems to me like Dance tasks have been difficult in the past, so I was surprised that so many chose the dance task. As much as I love dancing, and I line dance, I probably would have tried the puzzle first.

As for the puzzles, it also seems to me that we have some nice, but not-so-bright teams this season. Plus, with the heat and rushing and just not slowing down to think and really read the clue, they ended up being clueless in tasks that likely weren't that hard. For the flags, I think it was just hard to show us on TV that there was a pattern to the colors and they were just not understanding it.

And yes, the dog on the escalator was a highlight!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, April 07, 2024 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Gosh...was just thinking...wish Anthony and Bailey would have made it to this last week. I am laughing at just the thought of them trying to attempt either the Rebus or the dance task. They would have been hilarious!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: