TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Episode - March 27

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 3rd Episode - March 27 users admin

"It’s Not Over Til Phil Sings"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico -> Colombia

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL the title is “It's Not Over Til Phil Sings".

Thank you for the nice comments about the banner. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, that's a funny one!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching it, and that was indeed a funny line.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anthony & Bailey sure don’t have much urgency to them!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
We were saying the same thing! They wouldn't have gone home had they just tried the cooking challenge the first time. They spent a good portion of the time scratching their heads. Lol...we endearingly named them Team Tweedledum and Tweedledee

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone pick coffee beans slower than the mom? I didn't understand. I'm glad the man with the extreme fear of heights didn't end up dropping out. The twins were entertaining to watch. They seemed to spend an unusual amount of time considering what to do about switching tasks. Maybe the most laid-back team ever.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, those twins! I absolutely loved their joie de vivre, but really, they weren't the brightest bulbs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mak1 - It bothered me that the mom pushed back when the son tried to hurry her, as if she didn't care if she finished last.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
She has no business being on this race. I'm getting Norman Bates mom vibes from her. Her son deserved a better racing partner

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, It's shame he doesn't have a stronger and less persnickety partner. It's so apparent this is a dream come true for him to run the race.

The twins. What can I say? I just kept thinking that these guys are an example of why one shouldn't smoke weed before your brain is fully developed. I like their chill nature, but they were not long for this race.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As I said on Instagram (David Bloomberg's, not mine) it almost seemed like the last three teams were competing to be in last place.

The twins are so likeable but perhaps not driven enough for the race. I might have stopped to appreciate the bird, but I am not on the race.

The mom annoys me. If she is truly incapable of pushing herself without harming herself, then she shouldn't have come on the race.. So if she was not in physical danger she could push a bit more.. even mild cardio is good for you! And barking back at her son while sitting wasn't a good look. Now I do think it was unfortunate that they got the boat with the wonky motor..

The guy afraid of heights.. Once he got to where he sat down, he had to know he couldn't just stay there. That said, some of those places did look pretty dangerous. For the camera people, too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Looks like a height challenge next week. I hope he can overcome his fear for that.

The grandparents are my fav. Such a great looking couple

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2024 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are cute together..

I hope he handles the height like Claire did...

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, March 29, 2024 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Casting had to be able to see that the twins were uhm, How do you say dumb as dirt in a nice way?

They also had to know about a severe fear of heights.

I get that you want some human interest.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 29, 2024 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I have more sympathy for the Mom. She knows she has to go faster. Do you not get how annoying it is for some one to keep telling you to go faster when you are on a slippery hill while picking with old hands.

As far as not belonging on the race, she belongs more than the twins. Plus she had to pass a physical to get on the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Can we talk about that first challenge where they had to climb 60 stories (wearing backpacks) to get their clue? I work in the largest building in the CBD of New Orleans and my building is only 51 stories. That was brutal. My knees hurt watching them make that climb. I actually kind of hated this episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My calves always die on climbs like that (not that I've done that many storeys ever). But I missed how they came down, as it's going down the steps that would have killed my knees!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
We went hiking in Miller Peninsula Park where the trail ungulates up and down. The FitBit gave me credit for 43 flights of stairs. 4 months to heal my ACL strain!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't fault the mom for not being in as good of shape as other, younger contestants.

I just found her response to her son rather dismissive and as not respectful of the need for as much speed as she could muster.

It came across more like: I'll take as long as I want to, versus I'm going as fast as I can.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’ve accepted the fact that I could never do Amazing Race, or even Survivor, no matter how much fun I think it would be. I’d end up in the hospital.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was the problem.. No urgency. No expectation that she would zoom up the stairs.

Coming down the stairs would be harder for me, but the steep path with no handrails down to the coffee bean task, that would be horrible.

My fitbit doesn't do stairs, and previous models that supposedly did stairs often just didn't give credit, or would give credit while I was driving.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Haha. Now when Jeff or Phil encourages people to apply to be on the shows, I always say too late, i've gotten too old now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, April 01, 2024 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
same

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: