TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2nd Episode - March 20th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 2nd Episode - March 20th users admin

"Trust But Verify"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Mexico ->

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Getting started for tonight!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just started watching this one. Missed Survivor.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Some younger teams MIGHT have a chance to know who Elizabeth Taylor was, but the odds on knowing Richard Burton, yet alone that they were a couple, HA! Luckily there are a few older folk on the race - unless some others watch TCM :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lots of things they may not now. They have to get used to asking for help... sooner than later!

Not sorry to see the dad and daughter eliminated. They have a great relationship, but he was not in condition to run this race. Same with mom and son, but son is definitely more on clue, so they may last longer by making fewer mistakes.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the dad and daughter were not long for this race. Just not in the needed physical condition. And that oppressive heat and humidity! Luckily, I think on this "covid" season, they will get some down time in the hotels to recover. Derek and Claire talked about this -- how they'd get way more than 12 hours in a hotel with nothing to do except watch movies.

As for Elizabeth Taylor -- I asked my college aged child and she said "the name sounds familiar". Icons, lost to the passage of time.

I hope the twins learn to ask for help sooner, or they will not last long either.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was amazed that they didn't know who Elizabeth Taylor was, I kind of thought she was one of the ones that people would know from her AIDS work and other things. But they were young and she hasn't been on TikTok lately, LOL.

I am glad the Chris and Mary are out, it is scary to watch some of the older contestants that aren't in that good a shape and heat is a killer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
JIMMER !!! Fabulous Banner!!! Thank you!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think because Taylor didn't die young (think Marilyn Monroe, James Dean) the youngins don't really know who she was. My daughter had heard the name, but couldn't even guess she was an actress. She had never heard of Richard Burton. Maybe some young movie buffs would be familiar with them.

Yes, love the banner!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the sexy banner king! Thank you!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That dad had no business running this race. I'm shocked he and the mom were cleared. It is painful to watch them.

I'm finding this season boring. The tasks have been boring

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
the tasks were boring, but the physical effort to run two races in the heat and humidity was huge.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 2:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
12.05 rod and Leticia
12.10 rickie Cesar
12.22 Derek and see shelisa
1.07 Juan and Shane
1.11 Michelle and Sean
1.12 Yvonne and Melissa
1.15 Angie and Danny
1.18 Anthony and bailey
1.18 sunny and buzzy
1.31 kishori and Karissa
1.41 Vinny and amber
Finally watched episode. This is the diffent times the started leg 2

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Both the mom and the dad seemed like they are in no condition to run a multi-leg race around the world. I would be curious to know what physical parameters they are required to meet for the show. I mean, The Traitors made the cast do a swim test (I think it was 500 meters, can't remember). Every year, there are people that seem they are out of breath just walking. I'm not saying you have to be particularly athletic to participate. But walking up a hill...lol should be a requirement?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I know the humidity can make everything seem 10times harder. Cabo was so humid we barely walked around the city.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Pamy, and yes, that is true. We have been all over the world in the past 24 years at younger ages and better shape than these older contestants. The heat and humidity are incredibly stressing. We usually had the option of retreating to an air conditioned hotel room, and didn't have to "finish the race".

This stuff they are doing is HARD.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree with Pamy that the tasks have been boring even though they are difficult to complete in that oppressive heat and humidity.

I don't know if there are any conditions which the father and daughter and mother and son could run this race. The parents are clearly not in the best of shape regardless of the weather.

You could explain that colored flag/doily task to me 100 times and I still wouldn't understand it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I feel the same about the flag thing

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There was a definite difference in difficulty between the balloon task and the flag task. Usually they try to make them more equal.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Phil said dias de muertos was in September. Last week Rio was humidity index of 144 F and last summer Texas was in a heat crisis w Iith 100+ f temps in September-. I think with global warming, it is more challenging.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The flag task was hard to watch sitting here in my chair! And not in sun and humidity.

Yes both the mom and dad had real issues with that heat and humidity. Plus their teams had the disadvantage of not speaking Spanish. At least mom had her lie down where her son could work on the face painting task.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, thanks for the excellent banner!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, great banner, Jimmer. Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: