TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
1st Episode - March 13th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXVI: 1st Episode - March 13th users admin

"You Can't Drive While You're Crying"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight at 9.30pm

Teams participate in a Mexican rodeo in Puerto Vallarta, go paragliding in Columbia and rally car in Argentina.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch?

No Non-elimination legs this season.

Brother and sister Maya and Rohan out.. they didn't show how they got out of being stuck trying to turn around in a very narrow street.. guess it didn't occur to them to just go in reverse..

Good to have the Race back. The repetitive mariachi music was taking me back to my former city of Santa Ana where there were times when we were subjected to that music at an extremely high volume (as in from the house in back of me it would shake my walls..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was dying laughing at them trying to turn the car around... all they had to do was go in reverse for about a block.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched! My absolute favorite competition reality show!

And this first episode did not disappoint. The brother/sister were in over their heads sadly.

And I adore the gay couple, I hope they do well for a long time!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And if they are fans, they saw a team trying to turn around.. Should have planned for that..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I could not believe or figure out how they got that car in such a predicament, LMAO. I figured they were going to have to call for a tow to pick up one end and turn it. Amazing they finally got it turned around.

I was a little confused why, since they are still racing they eliminated a team, I know the clue said that but usually if they are still racing they don't.

It was a great show and I really cracked up at the wrestling event, them running out, wrestling away and then racing back to wait a bit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just as well that the last team was eliminated.. they just seemed to be back at camp.. her hat sort of said it all. Absolutely nothing wrong with a hat with smiley faces and I'm sure the camp kids liked seeing it but they .. as Karuuna already said, wwere in way over their heads.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG! I just kept thinking of Mike Meyers turning that car around in Austin Powers, lol!

It was fun to see the wrestlers, the rocking horses and the aerial gymnasts. I hope they find some green landscapes as well during this season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for the 2 teams that have the son with the mom and the daughter with the dad. The kids dream was to go on the race and it is sweet they took their parent but it is painful to watch them suffer. No one they make it deep into the race. You would think the parent would have told them to get a better partner. The previews look like they both suffer next week...not entertaining to watch. My 2 fav shows are painful to watch this season, hope it changes!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
We took the Mexican Riviera cruise 2 yrs ago and adored Puerto Vallarta! The food was amazing, we liked it better than Cabo

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This season was actually run and filmed before the last season we saw, so they had more COVID precautions and flew in the private jet.

The last team got to the mat, just as the two teams ahead of them were leaving the mat.

They said it took 20 minutes to get turned around.

Because this filmed so long ago, Maya was only 19 and is still the youngest person to run the race. She had only been driving a couple of years.

They said they broke their rules.. Thst he would do all the driving, thst they would make sure to get maps. At one point they did try to get a map, but the hotel had no maps.

This was from their exit interview on RHAP.

Oh and she started watching TAR in kindergarten and applied as soon as she turned 18.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did I hear right that the daughter said that she lives with her father in a ONE bedroom apartment?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Lexie yes she said that but i would not think anything of it besides its just a small apartment. Lots of ways families make due with space.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have some friends that live in NYC and they raised 3 kids in a one bedroom apt. I assume they made do with space like no one else. now that the kids are married and they are alone, they feel like they rattle around in the apartment.

I don't care abut how little experience you have , backing up is part of the drivers test. I was watching and once they got to the end of the block, they had a car blocking them unloading or loading. wonder how that went.

I guess some never thought to ask directions from a hotel? So much lost driving.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, one can sleep in the living room, one in the bedroom. Families also live in studio apartments here. Not sure where Father and daughter live, or if that is unusual there.

They said most directions were like go in that direction. The teams with Spanish speakers had advantages of course.

The brother and sister said that everyone just jumped in cars and took off so they did jump in instead of looking for a map. I think they stopped at a gas station, but no masks there.

And of course you have to back up for your driver test but I'm sure many of us are not at our best under the pressure of this race, especially first leg. And they did manaage to turn around.

Derek and Claire had a similar ( though a bit less narrow) situation and turned around... and went on to win their season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Waltham, Mass. Ohh.. well a search for rents on 1 bedroom in Waltham, Mass shows rents from $2500 to $4000, though many don't show the actual rent amount.. I can see how sharing might happen.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I missed about five minutes of the start last night and meant to go watch it today, but forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Phil said that they were still racing because they are still in the same city.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Okay, I just now watched the first 5 minutes. The father joked, "We live in a one bedroom apartment. We're just glad to be outside."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: