TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 3, January 19th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 3, January 19th users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

United States -> England -> Scotland -> // -> Switzerland

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 19, 2022Dipo25 01-19-22  9:08 pm
Archive through January 21, 2022Karuuna25 01-21-22  9:39 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think it really sucks that these two teams basically did production a favor by coming back and they were punished with a speed bump.

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Pretty funny that CBS chose to use an image from that missing Speed Bump as the thumbnail for streaming the episode:

cabbage Speed Bump

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lexie that's a really good point!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It also explains why Michael and Moe were told by local to drive through the forest.. that team and Arun and Natalia had to drive where no one else wa driving.

According to Mike Bloom on the RHAP podcasts the reason Anthony and spencer didn't return was that one got really sick.. I don't know if that is correct or the other report of a new job and not getting time off (hope for the new job)

I can see a speed bump, but it should have been aired so there was a reason why Akbar and Sheri, who were in dead last and had to wait to go back down the mountain, suddenly ended up in 5th, with Arun/Natalia and Michael/Moe behind them. Well yeah, they had to drive ta place, perform the cabbage task with Michael inside the cabbage and Arun inside a cabbage, and then drive more to the pitstop (the thought is that the speed bump was last, but it could have been before the belt/flag task.

And as Rob Cesternino, I think, pointed out, once again, Michael and Moe didn't listen to details before they decided on how to make the belt, so Arun and Natalia beat them there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the bungee is next episode and that does see likely why SHeri had to do the task.

As for the mountain task, Penn's a big guy and 6'5" and he was out there on the mountain. But we really don't know at this point if it was their choice, or production's.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am ok with speed bump, though Michael and Moe might have had to complete two of those, but wish it had been non elimination leg.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I would have been ok with a speed bump if it was a non-elimination round.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And if we could have seen it! I mean, Giant cabbages rolling into hay bales?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sea! The least they could do is upload something to youtube!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://www.koin.com/am-extra/why-this-portland-couple-didnt-return-to-the-amazing-race/

Not sure if this was shared earlier, but Isaiah and Taylor said in a local interview that they were all set to come back after the break. They were in Europe when the production notified them of a call from one of their mothers. A brother passed from Covid, so they immediately returned home to Portland.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The RHAP people thought they should package these tasks that get edited out and push them on Paramaout Plus since they are trying to promote that.

WE want cabbages )

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 21, 2022 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I can absolutely see the equity in the eliminated teams doing a speed bump task in return for being allowed back into the game, but why not at least show a bit of it?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
"being allowed back in the game" = doing production a favor so they have more than 5 teams.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right Scoot. If they only had five teams to race, we would have only had maybe three weeks of episodes (assuming one leg was a NEL)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think they may have done it to be fair to the other teams?

Like I said, my big beef is not getting to see it!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it’s kind of like a typical non-elimination leg where the last place team can keep racing but has to do a speed bump. Pretty consistent. I agree we should have seen it though.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I see it a different way.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Except the guys had not done two legs so if it was "fair" they would have done 2 speed bumps but that would certainly have made them even more likely to go right out again.

I am with others who just wanted to KNOW about this. Otherwise it looks like the first two teams out probably were the weakest teams as they are in final 2 but really they were pretty much destined to be in final two because of the speed bump.

Sheridan dodged a bullet there because after they were dead last and the only ones coming down the mountain last, without the speedbump, they would have been in big trouble....

So Michael and Moe being interviewed really brought this to light. Lots of viewers just see what is on the show.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with (I think) everyone here. They should have showed or at least mentioned the speed bump. It creates a false impression otherwise.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: