TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
7th Show, May 29

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXI: 7th Show, May 29 users admin

"Living Fearlessly"

The Amazing Race
United States -> Japan -> Laos -> Vietnam -> United Arab Emirates -> Uganda -> Switzerland
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 30, 2019Karuuna25 05-30-19  7:29 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I totally agree. I guess I like competitions that are competitions, without the imposition of strategic negative interference.

Pamy, at least skip it and fast forward are positive.

I don't like the advantages in Masterchef that can take out the best cooks.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
When you're in Switzerland, don't miss the southern cities of Ascona, Locarno, and Lugano. Travel south through the Dolomites (different looking than the Alps) into the Italian Lakes region -- Lake Como, Lake Lugano, and Lake Maggiore. That's where George lives.

I did this trip in August 1970. (Grindelwald was a few years later.) IIRC, it was 12 - 14 days in Switzerland and Austria and touched into Italy and Germany. Flight home was on Swissair August 30, 1970, Zurich - NY. That SAME flight one week later, September 6, was one of the three planes hijacked, flown to the Gaza Strip, and burned. We were frisked before boarding the flight on August 30. Swissair must have known something was in the offing.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My impression from the "next week" scenes was that they were all going to vote on a U-turn, like a popularity contest.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess they are trying to bring Survivor and Big Brother elements into the show. I don’t like the idea and I don’t like the idea of u-turns in general. I liked the Fast Forward but I understand it was harder and more expensive to produce. I prefer a more straightforward competitive game but they seem convinced that a lot of viewers enjoy social conflict. None of the viewers here seem to but maybe we aren’t representative of their larger audience. Or maybe the producers are stupid.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I hope both Victor and Nicole are embarrassed by their behavior, Lexie. Especially how Vic tried to blame the sisters for them coming in last place. I like Nicole her first season but not her second. I liked Victor enough to root for them throughout the race, until this past leg.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah I think that was a bit of a stretch. I don't see how the sisters remotely caused them to finish last. In fact, my impression was that the sisters were trying to help a fellow Big Brother team by giving them information. I can see why the other teams might be upset by them, but I don't see why Nicole and Victor were upset.

Anyway, I still like all these teams. That is a very high pressure situation and I understand how they aren't always at their best.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure it was portrayed accurately.

Sure, Rach and Elissa were giving them information. But they also withheld information. They said they "overheard" the conversation, and then tried to pretend they weren't part of it.

I think Nic and Vic sensed they weren't getting the whole truth (and they weren't), so that made them suspicious of the info. There's nothing worse than when you sense someone is lying to you but they won't admit it.

Rachel and Elissa were trying to warn them while protecting themselves and it backfired. But the very reason Nic and Vic went to the other teams to get more information was because they felt like something was wrong about the info they were getting.

So, it all blew up. For everyone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, they gave partial information that would target Team Fun, but no mention of the Afghanimals.

And then said it was overheard.

Rachel has been on the race before, twice, so why did she not get in shape to RUN faster in her preparations?

Even just as viewers, surprised that Britney and Nicole were so slow. And whining takes breath and slows the running.

Tyler and Corey had prepared to run.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A lot of people may be slim but are not very physically fit and just can't run any distance at all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Of course there can be reasons, but many people can train and improve stamina and going for a million dollars with a partner in a competition where it fairly often comes down to a run against another pair to be in or out.. Seems like a good incentive. You start building stamina by walking, then walking fast.

Britney surprised me by seeking unable to do some physical things as compared to Janelle.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
some people just can't run I can walk fast, but can't run. different muscles in the core. I used to be able to walk for miles and miles, but running causes pain.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It may have nothing to do with fitness, stamina or desire. For example, my knees are quite troublesome and I can't tolerate the stress of running. I just can't run any distance. However, I'm extremely good at bike riding and swimming, etc.

Though I do agree that in Britney's situation it appears to be more a lack of general aerobic fitness.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's not uncommon for people not to train before they go on TAR. Of course, the smart ones do, as we see several of the repeats have done so. Maybe the BB teams didn't realize how demanding it was. And uh, Rupert & Laura. LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder how my lead time some of these teams had. I think I read an interview with Janelle that said she didn't know she was teamed up with Britney until just shortly before the race?

Perhaps Britney is more involved with raising her daughter than working out...did her daughter complete her treatment successfully (I'm remembering correctly aren't I that her baby had cancer?)?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes her daughter is in remission :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Janelle and Britney have three children each.

I do remember, fondly, a time when Janie challenged Mike Boogie to try her workout. He could not keep up. He had assumed it was lightweight because she wasn't pumping iron.

I really was just surprised, but even though I walk a lot I certainly could not keep up with Rachel or Britney. Janelle is 38; Britney is 30.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: