TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 25, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 4th Show, Jan 24: Archive through January 25, 2018 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Gotta Put Your Sole Into It"

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
2 hours tonight!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are sailing, I could do this!!! I want to be there, Ihave sailed small boats for 50 years.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are very bad sailing. bad, sad (tm Trump)

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Why does Cedric want to do all the tasks. He is too big for that boat.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can post some recaps from the place I get Survivor....

8:15 p.m. – Henry and Evan were the first team to finish the last leg of the race and the Yale alum will be the first to depart for their next destination, Saint-Tropez, France! As soon as the plane landed, all the teams were basically even as they hopped in their rented vehicles and navigated their way to the Road Block. Kristi and Jen were the first to arrive, learning that the challenge included steering a small, wind-powered dingy through rough waters while simultaneously collecting clues off floating buoys. The Indy car drivers and Team Big Brother were close behind while other teams struggled to find the location.

8:25 p.m. – Kristi was the first to complete the task for Team Extreme and they headed off to the Detour. There, teams had to choose between learning the art of making sandals or baking perfect baguettes. Meanwhile, Team Ocean Rescue and The Firefighters are completely disoriented and have yet to even find the Road Block. Team Slam Dunk finally arrived and had to complete their Speed Bump, moving and stacking up 15 small sailboats. Easy work for the two strong competitors.

8:35 p.m. – Back at the Detour, Team Extreme opted to make sandals while Team Big Brother and the Indy car drivers chose to roll baguettes. Whichever proves to be the easier task could determine the winners of this leg of the race. Over at the Detour, Cedric is struggling to keep his large frame inside his tiny boat and continues to capsize. But the Fire Fighters and Team Ocean Rescue are having their own struggles.

8:45 p.m. – Kristi and Jen were the first to complete the Detour and were informed they would have to engage in another Head-to-Head battle at the Pit Stop. Teams will compete in order of arrival, with the winners advancing to the next leg of the race and the losers competing against the next team to arrive. After the conclusion of the final head-to-head battle, the losing team will be eliminated from the race. The competition appeared similar to bocce ball and Team Extreme will battle Team Indy Car for first place. After a fierce game, Alex and Conor were declared the winners of this leg of the race! They won $5,000 each.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-amazing-race-30-episode-4-5-recap-gotta-put-your-sole-into-it-news/

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Another head to head elimination, I just don’t like that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
8:55 p.m. – The next teams to finish this leg of the race, in order, were Cody and Jessica (Team Big Brother), Kristi and Jen (Team Extreme), Joey and Tim (Team Chomp), Trevor and Chris (Team Well Strung), Henry and Evan (Team Yale) and Eric and Daniel (The Firefighters). Lucas and Brittany (Team Ocean Rescue) will now face off against Cedric and Shawn (Team Slam Dunk) in the final head-to-head to see who moves on and who goes home.

8:59 p.m. – Brittany was absolutely devastated after losing multiple rounds. But will Team Ocean Rescue’s experience help them take down the NBA all-stars? A clutch toss from Lucas gave the lifeguards the win and Cedric and Shawn were sent home.

9:05 p.m. – Teams are now driving to Les Baux, France which was first featured in Season 1 of “The Amazing Race”, a town Cody pronounces “Lesbo.” Driving through the night, teams will likely be exhausted by the end of this leg of the race, which should prove interesting. By the time the park that the Road Block would take place in opened, all the teams had arrived and were once again on an even playing field.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-amazing-race-30-episode-4-5-recap-gotta-put-your-sole-into-it-news/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
9:15 p.m. – At this Road Block, teams must use materials to construct a catapult until it is up to par with the expectations of the experts. Meanwhile, the team members not competing were held in guillotines. Kristi is the only female competing in this task, let’s see if she can show up the boys! Lucas was the first to complete his catapult, launching Team Ocean Rescue from last place to first! Cody and Jessica were close behind, followed by Kristi and Jen.

9:20 p.m. – The teams had to find a cafe to intercept their next clue to the Detour. Next, they had the option of searching for ribbons in a bull ring or unlocking a puzzle within a painting. Back at the Road Block, Team Chomp has fallen into last place as the only team yet to complete the task.

9:30 p.m. – Everyone finally completed the Road Block and everyone is now headed to The Detour. All of the teams except for Trevor and Chris appear to have chosen to search the bulls for ribbons. Will Team Well Strung gain an advantage or fall desperately behind for their rogue decision? While we find out, Team Ocean Rescue has completed the Detour and are the first to head out to the Pit Stop.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I don’t understand! I was not a fan of Cody and Jessica, and yet, I’m rooting for them? wth?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The lifeguards, Brittany and Lucas, came in 1st and won a trip to Bali and he pulled out a ring and asked her to marry him. The eaters, Joey and Tim were eliminated.
Jody came in #6.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
9:40 p.m. – After nearly being eliminated in the last leg of the race, Lucas and Brittany were the first team to finish! They won a trip to Bali for their efforts. Before Brittany could even dry her tears, Kristi and Jen were second to the mat. After a brief celebration, Lucas announced he had something to say to Brittany. Are we about to witness an “Amazing Race” marriage proposal?

9:50 p.m. – Lucas did, in fact, propose to Brittany as Team Extreme looked on. Eric and Daniel arrived in third place, mid-proposal, to witness Brittany accept Lucas’ life-changing request. Next to the mat were Team Yale, Team Indy Car and Team Big Brother. Team Chomp and Team Well Strung are now battling to stay in the race, but they are at different Detours and have no idea who else is still competing. Drama!

9:59 p.m. – The two remaining teams completed their tasks and are now racing to the Pit Stop. I’m trying to guess who is behind by the level of daylight, but it’s impossible. It is finally revealed that Trevor and Chris were next to the mat. Joey and Tim were the last team to arrive and have been eliminated from the race. I guess they weren’t “wieners” today!

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
me too Reader......and I hate myself for it too!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching these guys trying to sail is too funny.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that get the impression that some of the racers don't like Evan from the Yale Debaters team?

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I got the same impression Lexie. When she was sailing and having trouble, I think that's when I realized that the racers just don't like her. I wonder why, because I haven't seen anything about her that would bother the other racers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ranger, the editing this season is terrible. For whatever reason they don't like Evan has obviously been left on the cutting room floor.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't like Evan! She seems so snotty...I'm sure that it is not a true impression but to me she comes across that someone who thinks of herself as superior because of her intelligence and has always held herself higher than her peers. At least that's the impression I get as a viewer...I always really was annoyed by that type of person.

The person who wrote the synopsis above left out the park where Lucas was so horribly condescending and rude to Brittany during the early part of the first leg, bringing her to tears.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Cody and Jessica are totally different than they were in BB. Watching BB, I always felt that Cody dragged Jessica down and her loyalty to him prevented her from making meaningful relationships and also really hurt her game. He also seems much less paranoid and hostile.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Was it Evan that chipped a tooth a little and Henry said "She literally knocked out her tooth."?

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Must agree with Iluvreality, I hate these "head-to-head" competitions. Especially that the couple is eliminated at the end!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I know from windsurfing that the lighter person will move faster. So Cedric was at a disadvantage from the start.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes it was Evan that "knocked out her tooth." Kudos for her for not freaking out however.

For a couple that really hasn't known each other that long Jessica and Cody seem to have a good relationship. He takes her teasing him very well and they both seem to be enjoying the experience.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hopefully, this will be the first and last season we will have head-to-head competitions. It's absolutely not fair to the team that gets to the mat in first place. Actually, it's not fair to any of the teams. I understand that they do it on other TAR, but they are not "elimination challenges."

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Oh geez.....I like Henry and Evan.