TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Has Anyone Been There?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: Has Anyone Been There? users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought it might be fun and interesting to talk about our experiences traveling to some of these destinations. I haven't done a lot of traveling myself but I'd love to hear everyone else's experiences.

As a start, who here has been to Iceland or Belgium?

Happygal

11-15-2004

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Iceland no - but it's on my list.

Belgium yes - Diamond showroom in Antwerp and a few days in Bruges (but not with Colin Farrell unfortunately).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What a great idea for a thread!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I would love to go to Iceland...but I'm afraid it's too cold there!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Iceland is on my bucket list as well.

I want to experience the Hot Springs in Reykjavík and watch the Northern lights show.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am annoyed I didnt know it was starting at NYC Washington Square park. No question I would have been there cheering them on. I have been to Belgium

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Iceland is not as cold as you would think. During Iceland's "summer," it can get up to 77 degrees. The highest recorded temperature in Iceland is 86 degrees.

The irony is it was actually colder in New Orleans two weeks ago then it is in Iceland right now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is so funny, I had lunch with a girlfriend and she was talking about how fun it was to see Iceland, she kept going...and I was there, and we saw that. I loved it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't even been to New York City...LOL!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have been to Iceland twice, both times as day stops on a cruise ship. It looks just like it was shown on Amazing Race. both times we went to the place where two tectonic plates of the earth are sliding past each other, and you can actually see the results of the very slow movement in the separation of rocks that once were joined. Second visit, they had built a planked walkway to a scenic overlook just beyond the tectonic plates, and it had sets of two to three stairs at a time to offset the change in terrain elevation. I was looking at scenery instead of at my feet and missed a step and badly sprained my ankle, was in a wheelchair on the ship for the next several days.

I have changed planes at the Brussels airport, which included a layover long enough to get a hotel room at the airport, but NOT long enough to take a train into the city to eat some French fries. I have spent a day in Brugges, Belgium on a cruise ship stop. It looks very much like Amsterdam, and we took a canal boat tour. We did eat some French fries, and they were excellent.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been to NYC a few times over the years.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same as Seamonkey re: NYC, unless I am mistaken and have only been there once, but think I have been there more often. I was wandering around the inside of the New York City library and stepped over to look into an unassuming glass case outside a big second floor reference room. There was a Gutenberg Bible in that case, a REAL Gutenberg Bible!!! I never thought to see one of those.

I have flown through JFK enough times to know it can be exceedingly difficult to navigate. And exceedingly easy to lose your Duty Free liquor purchase if you are coming in from overseas and changing planes.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Been to Belgium...best chocolate in the world.

Mimiof6

05-10-2011

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiof6 a private message Print Post    
I've been to both Iceland and Belgium on a cruise ship. Went to the Hallgrimskirkja church they pointed out. It looks pointy, sort of like a rocket ship. Also was at the little lake where Phil checked everyone in, by the yellow building.

In Belgium we were recently in Antwerp and were right there in the square where they filmed the Frite race. Noticed the fountain in the middle and the building with flags all over the front. That's the City Hall. Have also been to Brugge (gorgeous) and the port city of Zeebrugge.

I love seeing the places I've been on Amazing Race! And sometimes I get a preview on AR of a place I'm booked to visit in the near future. Very interesting for travelers.

Mimiof6

05-10-2011

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiof6 a private message Print Post    
Okay, I've been to Morocco, too, but not Tangiers. It looked pretty nice actually, though hot!! I've been to Agadir and am going to Casablanca soon. I would say that Morocco is pretty safe to visit.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Morocco is awesome! But so, so hot. I really suffered while on vacation there a few years ago. I was in Tangiers, but didn't see nearly as much as they showed this episode. Now I want to go back.

Where are they off to next?

Mimiof6

05-10-2011

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiof6 a private message Print Post    
Looks like St. Tropez, France. Not a city I've been to, but it's probably amazingly beautiful, so be prepared! I've been to Marseille, Toulon, Cannes, and Nice which are all located on the Mediterranean and they are all very nice. Love this show!

Mimiof6

05-10-2011

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiof6 a private message Print Post    
Looks like St. Tropez, France. I've never been there but I'm sure it's amazingly beautiful. I HAVE been to Marseille, Cannes, Toulon, Nice, Eze and Menton, France. All are on the Mediterranean so very nice!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: