TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussions (Was Caution Spoilers Caution...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXVI: General Discussions (Was Caution Spoilers Caution) users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well I sorta of expected them to do twists....

Well the big twist for next season? "Love"- all the couples are dating, and there will be a lot of romance-themed tasks and locations..

11 or possibly 12 teams- 9 M/F, 2 M/M confirmed (there are rumors they may have done an elimination right at the start that took out a F/F team immediately but no one is 100% sure).

The "celeb" team this year is Jordan Knight (from the 80's boy band New Kids on the Block) and his long-term boyfriend...

And another first for the show- a "blind date" team. Apparently it consists of two people (a male and a female) who had applied for the show before with their dating partner at the time, but have since broken up with and are now single- the show approached them with the idea of matching them up to make a team to see if sparks fly while they're racing....the first time they meet is at the starting line!

(Personally, this smells of desperation- you know how the dating couples here to "test the relationship" tend to have blowups, and I have no desire to see 11 of them)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh No!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Reality Fan Forum has spoiled in their timeline thread the legs of the race, the location and based on posters pictures the final 4 I believe. I'm always fascinated by how they get their info (sightings from fans around the world, pictures to back it up). Those are the long threads. They have pictures of the cast but have not identified everyone yet

The timeline thread does a nice job of consolidating

And in the spoiled tweet section Jonathan knight (or one of the new kids on the block) credits RFF for spoiling he and his partner are in the race

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ugh. It sounds horrible. It still may be watchable but why do this to such a great show?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
People magazine confirmed

Jonathan Knight and his partner competing

From People...

New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race

Does Jonathan Knight have the right stuff to win The Amazing Race?

The New Kids on the Block member and his boyfriend, Harley Rodriguez, have been revealed as one of 11 couples competing on the next season of the CBS reality competition.

Knight, 46, and his personal trainer boyfriend, 41, have more than six years' experience traveling together as a couple, which they can draw on as they race around the world, but not all of the competitors will have that same advantage.

For the first time in the show's 13 years on the air, five of the teams will be comprised of strangers who have been paired together by the show for the ultimate blind date.

http://www.people.com/article/jonathan-knight-amazing-race-nkotb

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
My big issue was that one blind date couple could have been interesting, even with the all dating-couples...Five is a potential shark-jumper...

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I can understand that, plus they are all young! (well, it is a matter of opinion!)

I can't believe 2 people that don't know each other would agree to compete around the world - have they ever seen the show? its intense, and you have to work together - getting directions, not forgetting passports, and reading the entire clue... very stressful stuff!

which makes you wonder about that "payday" is it about the money? There is definitely adventure... it could be interesting

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why they have gone the blind date route for so many couples. It makes no sense in that it completely changes the premise of the show.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I heard a rumor that in a few of the singles cases, they had applied for TAR before with a dating partner, but had broken up with that person between the time they applied and the time they were contacted by the show...and they also might have pulled people from the general list of applicants (it's well known they use a common pool for Survivor/TAR/BB). Looks like they came up with the twist and cast to it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 22, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think they should have had all teams as blind dates otherwise the couples that actually know each other have a huge advantage. Remember how horrible Bopper and Hailey (cant remember her name, lil blonde kentucky gal) turned out

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mallory.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes! TY!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
uuuuggghhhh....

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
If they weren't emphasizing the "extreme blind date" aspect, and they had limited it to just one or maybe two teams, I'd thought it could be interesting- maybe a "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" sorta vibe. What they're doing is just too much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking that I would date a guy a month before I would even let him see me with no makeup on. I wouldnt even pee in front of my boyfriends for a month! LOL Will the daters have seperate rooms at night?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Maybe the bathrooms will have doors on them, Pamy, so no intramural peeing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Reality Fan Forum Has the spoilers - easiest place to see the F4 is if you go to the thread "TAR 26 Timeline & Spoiler Summary"

They break down all the tweets, emails, pictures and put them here - they list the legs of the race (when it was it filmed) where, a NEL, and if they know for sure what the tasks and pit stops are (and if they don't know they may put it in but with a ? For instance in Peru they may have to eat a serving of guinea pig - that's one episode I'll have to make sure DD does not see!) and of course they include the pictures to correspond with the stat

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if the show is going to stay on Wednesday nights after Survivor or is it moving to another night following the premiere?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, I just found out that TAR will air next Wednesday and then move to Fridays that same week. However, after the March 13 episode, it will be on a two-week break for the NCAA Final Four and won't return until April 3.

BTW.. is it just me or do some of the tasks outlined in the RFF spoilers appear kind of lame?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
In case anyone is curious (like me) I went to Reality fan forum, and a poster identified the tattoo, watch and hair and came up with Matt proposing to Ashley....

awww

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
From what I've gleamed from- forums.previously.tv
Amsterdam F5....NEL
Otuzco....Matt/Ashley eliminated
Trujillo/Huanchaco....F4....to be continued used on Mike/Rochelle
Dallas....F4 and one team will be eliminated before the finish line.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: