TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXII: General Discussion users admin

TAR22
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Getting it started for the next race!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
All I know is I am NOT looking forward to an eventual all-star season with Natalie and Nadiya (but somehow I foresee it happening!).

Unless they seriously change their attitude. I think they have an amazing determination and show great physical skills but I just don't want to see them so negative. It's not fun to watch. So if they will come back next time more positive and worrying about their own game more than focusing on a team to dislike, I just might root for them (only if they cut out the annoying yelling and screaming too )

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
They stole money from the Chippendales with no repercussions from the producers that I saw. I don't approve. I never want to see them on TV again. Their yelling was really bugging me anyway but I have no tolerance for thieves.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I completely agree with you Hum. (although they did steal from the Rockers actually :D) I kept expecting the show to step in and DO something about it because it wasn't just random money they found on the ground. They KNEW who's it was and took what wasn't theirs. Definitely wrong in my book.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Fortunately karma stepped in where the producers didn't!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
The Rockers were not too responsible tho. They dropped the money and should have picked it up, then they go and loose the passport by leaving the back pack in the taxi. To me they were a little lax in a few other things to. I agree the twins should not have kept the money but they didn't really "steal" it from them.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
That's right, Nolanry. It was the Rockers. No excuses, Sammi. This show is sometimes watched by kids as well as irresponsible adults who seem to be getting more and more signals from the media and modern day society that this kind of behavior is acceptable. Of course they stole it. They knew who the money belonged to and they kept it instead of saying, "Guys, you dropped your money." What has happened to honesty and integrity.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Well, I'd have to define stealing as keeping something you know belongs to someone else and you fail to return it. Like, can I borrow your car? And then never bring it back. You'd have every right to call the police and report it stolen! I know the analogy may not be quite the same but it is a matter of honor and integrity and character. They made the wrong choice, as far as I'm concerned.

When my kids found money and they DIDN'T KNOW who it belonged to I always had them put it in the offering plate at church, saying it was God's money. If they knew who it belonged to they had to return it; it wasn't theirs to keep. Believe me that was hard for my 8 year old when he found a $20 bill! Also, my son once bought a used wallet at Goodwill and got home, only to find $10 inside. We returned it to Goodwill, knowing they could use it and that he only bought the wallet, not the money. It wasn't his to keep. At least that's my view.

The twins were kind of snarky with some of their name calling and observations as well. Their voices grated on me and I was happy to have them, FINALLY, eliminated!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I seem to recall that the twins and Lexie and her boyfriend kept the money and split it. So, I'm not sure why the twins are getting all the credit for the "steal". It involved 4 people, 2 teams.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
The reason the Twins are mainly getting the blame is because it was their idea. What technically happened was while the Rockers were preoccupied the Twins saw their money, snatched it up and immediately new it belonged to the the guys. But they put it in their fanny pack anyway. Trey tried (he's so polite!) to tell them it's wrong and they should give it back. But they were laughing and telling him to SHHHHH. During a one-on-one with the camera they said "Trey tried to tell us not to but we were like you are the only guy, you don't have a say" and laughed again. The Twins said they felt bad because it was the Rockers and commented how they wished it was A/R's but they kept it anyway and only later made Lexi stuff half of it in her fanny pack at the airport because they wanted to share the guilt with someone.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Nolanry, exactly, the fact that they felt guilty about it shows that they knew it was wrong and did it anyway.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
And Trey and Lexi were accessories to the theft. Good job, Auntie Mike. I raised my kids the same way and they are responsible adults now teaching their own kids the same lessons.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I don't like that the twins kept the money, but I don't think the producers should have interfered. To me, that would be influencing the game.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I think that they should have received a penalty. They have now set a precedent that anything goes.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
looks like the official team announcements will be tomorrow (the 23rd) per a post on TAR's Facebook page- that makes sense, as they usually do them about a week or so after Survivor's..

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Old TAR, but that season is no longer on TVCH.
Do these twin towers (in Honolulu) look familar?

towers

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Info is out!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/23/amazing-race-22-new-cast/

The twist this season is a lot better than the last one I think- The team that wins the first leg gets TWO Express Passes- one for themselves, and one they have to give to another team at some point before the end of Leg 4...

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Interesting....

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I love reading profiles and/or articles where they find the the smallest bit of info and make it the interesting factoid. One girl is the Granddaughter of John Wayne and her partner is a direct descendant of Daniel Boone. John Wayne died in 1979, the granddaughter is 30. She never knew her grandfather.

Another pair are listed as YouTube channel hosts? What is that?

Do they have to have "celebrity" connections for everyone? What's wrong with just being who you are?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Do we have a start date? I have "Survivor' on my calendar, but not TAR!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Feb 17th TNT.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
TY, WHO!

Ksmom

06-15-2010

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ksmom a private message Print Post    
The YOUTUBERS are people that usually post a daily video blog (vlog). My 18 yr old daughter follows both of them. We had another youtuber a few years ago on season 17. It was Kevin and his dad michael Wu. He goes by the name Kevjumba and his youtubes are pretty funny.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for Sunday!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Are bios up somewhere?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they are on CBS's website. Click on the link at the top under the pictures.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I heard an announcement today that they are casting in San Francisco on March 9th, at least I think they said the 9th!

Spear

08-05-2001

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Interesting piece on the 12th anniversary of the start of the first TAR:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/evan-weinstein/the-start-of-a-great-adventure/10151817484747785

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Great find, Spear! Thanks for sharing!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Roller Derby Moms got a Walmart commercial.
Guess their CBS contract expired.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7RjB/walmart-the-roller-derby-moms

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've seen it a few times.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: