TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 06, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: Paris Olympics - 2024: Archive through August 06, 2024 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 01, 2024 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is awesome. I’m so happy for her!

And Summer McIntosh won her second gold medal swimming (plus the silver she won earlier) so Canadians are happy about that as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2024 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
31m
Turkish sharpshooter Yusuf Dikec didn't need special lenses or big ear protectors to nab the silver medal in the air pistol team event at the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2024 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
18m
As a teenager, Abdelmaji risked his life to flee ethnic violence in Darfur. Now as a 30-year-old, he will compete in the 10,000-meter race, representing the International Olympic Committee’s refugee team for the second time in his career.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 02, 2024 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I cannot believe how high these tampoliners go! They are amazing, and then they just stop the jumps so easily. Just amazing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Simone Biles just won the vault. So confident when she walked back to do her second vault. She’s simply amazing. The gymnast from Brazil won silver. Jade Carey wins bronze.

Pommel Horse guy, Steven N, is up later today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Olympic Games
@Olympics
·
23m
Saint Lucia's first ever Olympic champion, and it's the women's 100m.

It doesn't get better than this. 🇱🇨❤️

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Fun Fact: Trinity Rodman, who has been a major USA scorer on the pitch, is the daughter of Dennis Rodman. Apparently, he wasn’t around much as she was growing up. She clearly inherited his jeans.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wonder it they can protest this and get a reconsideration?
The Associated Press
@AP
·
7m
US swimmer Alex Walsh loses a bronze because of a DQ, less than an hour before her sister won a gold

She was disqualified for not completing the backstroke leg of her race on her back and turning too soon, according to World Aquatics. Alex walked through the mixed zone after her event at La Defense Arena on the second-to-last night of swimming without speaking to reporters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2024 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Christian Brandt
@Brandt3d
This was amazing!!! A true Penn Stater alumni, Stephen Nedoroscik known as the “Pommel Horse Guy” shouts back “Penn State” to me after just claiming the Bronze medal in the Paris Olympics! Badass!!! We Are!!!!! #Paris2024

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2024 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
1h
BREAKING: American Bobby Finke won the gold and set a world record in the 1,500-meter freestyle, giving the U.S a huge boost on the final night of swimming.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2024 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW that Canadian Hammer thrower is amazing. Katzberg, and he is cute too, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2024 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, wow, wow, that 100 meter race was amazing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2024 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whoa
The Associated Press
@AP
·
4m
Steven van de Velde, the Dutch beach volleyball player convicted of rape, eliminated from Olympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2024 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
6m
NBA veteran and men's 3x3 star Jimmer Fredette will be sidelined for approximately six months after tearing two ligaments at the Paris Olympics.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 05, 2024 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Torri Huske was phenomenal winning 3 golds and 2 silvers for the USA swim team. Congrats to her!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, August 05, 2024 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I know they are already marquee events every Olympics but both the swimming and gymnastics were remarkable this year!

and whoa! The women's road race (cycling) was thrilling to watch three contenders bicker with each other about who to take the lead to chase Kristen Faulkner catches them and speeds ahead to America's first gold medal in that event in 40 years - all while no one tried to catch her in those last 3 kilometers. What in the world were they thinking??? But so proud of Faulkner who wasn't even supposed to be in the race in the first place!

Oh and what was with the men's 100m race! Best photo finish in my lifetime!

oops.. need to hop off to change my background streaming from track to the women's balance beam final... it just started!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 05, 2024 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So glad they judges put the Kenyan back into the Steeplechase... it wasn't his fault he had to redo the water jump, he almost hit all the media ...
And he almost made up the time!

I wondered if there could be a protest, but the judges came thru instead!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 05, 2024 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Sports
@NBCSports
·
4h
Kayak cross might be the WILDEST new event at the #ParisOlympics this year. 😳

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 05, 2024 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahah, I have been wondering this as well and finally googgled ..

What’s up with all the orange shoes?
Every race, it’s all orange shoes…

Loads of athletes all wearing the same model of Nike shoes I think

My guess is the orange theme is so people post things like this asking about this and gives them a little marketing buzz and free brand advertising.

Edit: there's a post about it in r/RunningShoeGeeks

https://www.reddit.com/r/olympics/comments/1eiusu5/whats_up_with_all_the_orange_shoes/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 05, 2024 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The women's road race (cycling) was thrilling to watch three contenders bicker with each other about who to take the lead to chase Kristen Faulkner catches them and speeds ahead to America's first gold medal in that event in 40 years

That was both crazy and amazing to watch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2024 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Olympics & Paralympics
@NBCOlympics
Ad
Mondo Duplantis went WILD after winning gold and setting a new WORLD RECORD in pole vault. 🇸🇪🔥#ParisOlympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2024 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Evening News
@CBSEveningNews
·
6m
Olympic marathon swim test run canceled over Seine River water quality concerns

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2024 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I laughed when the announcer said, at the throwing comps, ie hammer, javelin, disc; that if you yell it goes 2 meters farther, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2024 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    

The Olympic Games
@Olympics
·
1m
It's a double-gold for
@TeamCanada
in the Hammer Throw! 🥇🇨🇦🥇

Camryn Rogers adds another gold to their 🔨 collection, after Ethan Katzberg's win in the men's final on Sunday!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL it’s probably inappropriate to say this but if they had kids we could potentially have future world hammer throwing champions.