TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: Paris Olympics - 2024: Archive through August 01, 2024 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Simone Biles is amazing. She defies gravity.

Love listening to Laurie Hernandez’s commentary. She’s very charismatic while explaining what’s going on clear.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
The woman from Brazil did and amazing floor routine. Even though she made a few little mistakes, I'm amazed how much power and strength one person can have.

I can't wait to see Simone to compare.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
2h
“You know it’s going great when you’ve been to the Olympic medical tent more than any of the athletes,” Colin Jost said after he injured his foot on some coral not long after touching down in Tahiti to cover Olympic surfing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
53m
The U.S. men’s soccer team reaches the quarterfinals at the Olympics for the first time since Sydney 2000.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grooch, she really was amazing! I saw her in the qualifiers and couldn't believe how high her tumbling went. Astonding!

The Womens's all around competition was truly amazing and so good.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It was, and they all looked like they were enjoying themselves tremendously.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1m
French DJ Barbara Butch, whose Opening Ceremony performance stirred controversy from critics who claim it mocked ‘The Last Supper,’ has filed a legal complaint alleging that she has been threatened online “with death, torture and rape” following the event.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1m
Alex Sedrick scored a long try as time expired and then hit a bronze-clinching conversion to give the U.S. a miraculous 14-12 victory over Australia.

The result earned the U.S. women's rugby sevens team its first ever Olympic medal.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Glad to see the Women’s rugby team won bronze. There’s a sport that I know nothing about, but those women are bad ass.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
7s
“You know, I’m a goofy guy with the glasses on, but as soon as I take them off I’m locked in. I’m ready to go," gymnast Stephen Nedoroscik — now an Olympic medalist — said about fans comparing him to Clark Kent.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2024 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one calling Nedoroscik 'Clark Kent'. I instantly thought that while watching his first performance on the pommel horse. Go nerds!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
54m
Move over Simone Biles, Snoop Dogg may win the Olympic title for top keepsake from the Paris Games.

The much-coveted pin features a likeness of the rapper blowing Olympic-styled smoke rings.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
51m
Why Olympian Stephen Nedoroscik Doesn't Need His Glasses for Head-Spinning Pommel Horse Routine

Stephen Nedoroscik, who has two eye disorders, had removed his glasses to perform the pommel horse exercise that helped the U.S. men's gymnastics team win a bronze medal at the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Because when it was Stephen Nedoroscik's turn to shine at the one exercise he was brought to perform at the men's gymnastics final July 29, the athlete whipped his glasses off and almost effortlessly helped his U.S. team win their first medal in 16 years.

"The thing about pommel horse is," Nedoroscik told Today after the event of removing his spectacles, "if I keep them on, they’re gonna fly somewhere."

"When I go up on the pommel horse, it's all about feeling the equipment. I don't even see when I'm doing my gymnastics," the Penn State alum added to Today after Team USA took home bronze, in part thanks to his high-scoring pommel horse routine. "It's all in the hands. I can feel everything."

https://www.eonline.com/news/1405613/why-olympian-stephen-nedoroscik-doesnt-need-his-glasses-for-head-spinning-pommel-horse-routine?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Team USA
@TeamUSA
·
1h
A medal for the books!

Evy Leibfarth's bronze is the first U.S. women's slalom medal — in canoe or kayak — in 20 years...

which means it's also the first since she was born. 🤯

#ParisOlympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1h
While Olympic spectators wait with bated breath to see how different events at the Paris Games unfold, the chronically online audience is invested in a different journey: a Norwegian Olympian's love for chocolate muffins.

Swimmer Henrik Christiansen, 27, has not yet won any medals, but he has won the hearts of many after he posted a series of TikTok videos showcasing his love of the bakery at the Olympic Village — well, of one bakery good in particular.

He has posted at least nine videos about the muffins over five days, amassing millions of views. It began with an Olympic Village food review, in which he rated the "choccy muffin" an 11 out of 10.

https://www.nbcnews.com/sports/olympics/know-muffin-man-norwegian-swimmer-finds-new-obsession-olympic-village-rcna164385?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bummer ....
The Associated Press
@AP
·
1h
Rafael Nadal's Paris Games — and, almost certainly, his Olympic career — ended when he and Carlos Alcaraz were eliminated in the men's doubles quarterfinals with a 6-2, 6-4 loss to the fourth-seeded American duo of Austin Krajicek and Rajeev Ram.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
49m
Katie Ledecky has kept her title as the queen of endurance as she snagged herself another gold medal during the 1,500-meter freestyle event at the Paris Olympics.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness, I sent a question about "Where is the Olypmic Flame???"

The Associated Press
@AP
·
49m
Nothing could go wrong: The story behind the Paris Olympics cauldron balloon

PARIS (AP) — The night the Olympic and Paralympic cauldron first flew over Paris, its designer Mathieu Lehanneur held his breath: Nothing could go wrong.

The balloon, lit by the Olympic torch and set off into the sky, was a risk. After all, it was the first time it had ever been tested in its entirety, Lehanneur told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Some parts, like the balloon or the flame system, had been tested to ensure a smooth flight, but — with so much secrecy — never all together, making the balloon a bit of an Olympic-sized Hail Mary. So when the golden balloon lit up the Paris skies, the cherry on top of Friday’s opening ceremony, it dazzled spectators. As the French designer watched in awe, the world watched with him.
For the first time in the history of the Games, the cauldron — a 7-meter (23-feet) diameter ring of fire supported by a giant air balloon — flew through the air. His idea, inspired by the ancient Greek Olympic flame ceremony, was to represent freedom — one of the three words in the French national motto: “Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.”

https://apnews.com/article/olympics-2024-torch-cauldron-balloon-f0a78e7efa4669f35b0c6282e1af62bf?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
More of the story linked above. I keep looking for the flame in all the shots and never see it!!

Also for this reason, and for the first time too, the flame isn’t real, but one made of water and light, not needing fossil fuels to shine. What Lehanneur could have never imagined, though, is the incredible success the cauldron had during and after the opening ceremony.

So much so that now Parisians are collecting signatures to make the balloon, which sits on the ground during the day and rises each evening, a permanent monument in the City of Lights — just like the Eiffel Tower, which was supposed to only be a temporary construction for the 1889 World Expo in Paris.

To the wonder of hundreds of people, the cauldron flies more than 60 meters (197 feet) above the Tuileries gardens from sunset until 2 a.m. The launch zone site is near the glass pyramid entrance to the Louvre museum.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
56m
Katie Ledecky won her seventh individual Olympic gold medal and 12th medal overall with a runaway victory in the 1,500-meter freestyle at the Paris Olympics. She's now tied for the most medals ever by a female swimmer.
http://bit.ly/3WMilEz

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
You really have to click on this Link

boringenormous
4d4 days ago

The only OlympicGames footage you need to see today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, hahahahahahaha, parrallel bars!! Too funny.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
adorable!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2024 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk
·
7m
Simone Biles wins gold in dramatic women's all-around final. Brazil's Rebeca Andrade takes home silver and Sunisa Lee, Biles' teammate, takes bronze.

Follow live updates from the Games in Paris: https://cnn.it/3yyor1L