TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Paris Olympics - 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: Paris Olympics - 2024 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 27, 2024Maris25 07-26-24  9:18 pm
Archive through July 30, 2024Dipo25 07-30-24  3:02 am
Archive through August 01, 2024Dipo25 08-01-24  5:22 am
Archive through August 06, 2024Jimmer25 08-06-24  5:59 am
Archive through August 08, 2024Kookliebird25 08-08-24  5:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2024 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
4s
Swimmers at the 2024 #ParisOlympics are fighting off bacteria from the Seine River by drinking Coca-Cola.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Friday, August 09, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha....
George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
1h
French Pole Vaulter Who Knocked Down Bar With His Bulge Reacts To 'Buzz' With Viral TikTok

https://x.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1821973933303697784

Dipo

04-22-2002

Friday, August 09, 2024 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
52m
NEW: Algerian boxer Imane Khelif wins gold after more than a week of opponents wrongly questioning her gender.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2024 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
US women win gold in soccer.
I have been a soccer fan for many years, but was tired of all the same players every season on USWNT. They never seemed to bring up younger players to keep the team balanced with young and older players. Everything leaned towards the older players with the same coaches.
When this younger team came around, I got excited again. While they weren’t winning, I knew enough about them that thought it was a matter of time…. Turns out it was true once they brought in a new coaching staff that knew how to use their abilities.
So congratulations to the young women of USWNT for winning gold. 🥇 You worked hard to win it.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2024 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Olympic Games
@Olympics
·
16m
His coach is also an Olympic bronze medallist!

Andy Diaz Hernandez of Italy secured the bronze medal, ending a 12-year wait for an Italian podium appearance in the triple jump at the Olympics. His coach, Fabrizio Donato, also earned bronze at London 2012.

More than sport.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2024 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
26m
For the Olympics, Paris sought to combine France’s historical culinary excellence with the need for food sustainability.

A lot of that boiled down to much less meat — an approach which was not universally loved by athletes.

Le Grand Colbert is a traditional brasserie bedecked with white tablecloths, high, decorative ceilings and opulent chandeliers. But what makes it undeniably French is the food: frogs’ legs served with lashings of parsley and Provençal garlic butter; steak tartare (raw minced beef with a raw egg yolk); and escargots Burgundy-style, which is sea snails with, yes, more garlic and more butter.

Paris did this by creating a “food vision” manifesto, which sought to combine France’s historical culinary excellence with the need for food sustainability to combat the climate crisis.

It’s an approach which, as it turns out, was not universally loved by athletes. Some complained about the lack of protein in a menu that promoted plant-based alternatives; others alleged substandard quality, with isolated reports of food served raw or containing worms.
https://www.nbcnews.com/sports/olympics/paris-2024-tried-bold-new-food-vision-not-everyone-liked-rcna165740?

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
18m
The U.S. and China each won 40 gold medals, in the first Summer Games draw in Olympics history, with America pulling into a tie Sunday with victory in the last event, women’s basketball.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
1h
Jordan Chiles Stripped of Bronze Medal in 2024 Olympics Floor Exercise

The group's decision comes one day after the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled to invalidate an inquiry from the U.S. athlete's coach that had raised her individual floor exercise final routine score to boost her from fifth to third place. The International Gymnastics Federation then modified the rankings to elevate Romania's Ana Barbosu to the No. 3 spot.

"Following the CAS decision with regard to the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Floor Exercise Final and the amendment of the ranking by the International Gymnastics Federation," the IOC said in a statement to NBC News Aug. 11. "The IOC will reallocate the bronze medal to Ana Barbosu (Romania)."

https://www.eonline.com/news/1405990/jordan-chiles-stripped-of-bronze-medal-in-2024-olympics-floor-exercise?

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
1h
The Paris Olympics closing ceremony will feature performances by four California musicians as a handover to the 2028 games in Los Angeles.

Seamonkey

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This really stinks. 4 seconds late on the appeal.

And of course Romania is involved.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
In case you didn't know, the "cauldron hot balloon" doesn't have the flame, it is lights and steam...
The Associated Press
@AP
·
13m
French swimmer Léon Marchand started the Olympic flame's journey to the Stade de France for the Paris Games' closing ceremony.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
2m
Billie Eilish, Snoop Dogg and Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform at Paris Olympics' closing ceremony

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The closing ceremony is quite amazing. Paris does theater well.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
As a former piano player, I’m still trying to figure out how that guy played the vertically hanging piano so well. Seriously, you could see it swaying.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
The Tom Cruise thing is stupid.

And I'd rather see HER play, than him smacking people's hands.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Other than Her, I was not impressed with the musical lineup that the LA28 committee presented. Kind of boring. Although, Dr. Dre knew the assignment.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, Kookliebird, I was totally fascinated by that and wanted more close-ups.

Dipo

04-22-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2024 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Tom Cruise thing was very stupid, LOL.

Legalboxer

11-16-2003

Monday, August 12, 2024 - 2:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
HER was fantastic.

Terrible transition to L.A. starting with Cruise - Snoop and Dr. Dre were the only decent parts in that last 25-30 minutes. As over the top as The Red Hot Chili Peppers are to watch, that was NOT Olympic caliber entertainment.

Totally would want to see more of the athletes in Paris.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 12, 2024 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought the entire Santa Monica music portion was beyond underwhelming and I like all the performers. I really hope they think of a larger audience when it comes to the opening.

I really enjoyed these Olympics even though I admit I had burn out by the 2nd week, lol. I loved seeing the athletes win who weren't expected to from Torri Huske in swimming to Cole Hocter and Yared Naguse in the men's 15000 m run. It reminds me why I prefer sports that don't rely on judge's scores. I discovered sports I didn't think I would enjoy watching like wall and mountain climbing. I got sucked in to watching racewalking because I still don't understand the rules and am constantly trying to, lol. Mike Tirico did a fantastic job hosting for NBC. Overall, it was a very good Olympics and the scenery didn't hurt!

Dipo

04-22-2002

Monday, August 12, 2024 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Was that the Red Hot Chili Peppers that had the guy in the orange wrap skirt. I didn't know who they were but they were terrible, LOL. and thanks for telling me that was Dr. Dre.

The only people I recognized was Snoop, LOL.

LOL, Kappy, I watched race walking for the same reason, I am fascinated by how it it considered walking when it looks like jogging to me.

Plus I really did enjoy the climbing stuff. And I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the track and field stuff -- shotput, javelin and disc throwing!

I am having a bit trouble trying to figure out what my routines were before the Olympics, LOL. AND I am so tired from watching everything at the crack of dawn so I need to catch up on my sleep, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 12, 2024 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes. I believe the Orange wrap skirt guy is Flea on the Chili Peppers. Not a fan of them, though.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: