TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 09, 2022 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We've been mostly microwaving, ordering in, or doing takeout since we moved in the summer. Now that we are finally settled in, I made a nice chicken stew with veggies last night. Yum!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That sounds yummy MAmeblanche

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WE had flank steak with rosemary potatoes and buttered carrots or Pasta Olio. Dessert was Pecan Pie w/whipped cream.

I had both! a half order of each, it was really good!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yum. Pecan pie is one if my faves.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 25, 2022 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pork loin with rice and mixed veggies or Cottage Pie. Angel food cake with carmel sauce and whipped cream.

I had the Cottage Pie it was great, and of course dessert was too, LOL!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Skipped dinner tonight ... leftovers from lunch!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was grilled chicken or shredded pork with coleslaw and cornbread. Rice Krispie treats for dessert, LOL.

I had the grilled chicken, asked for a side of BBQ sauce. Coleslaw and Cornbread were very good.

Skipped the rice Krispie, (they must have needed to use up a bunch of Ric Krispies, LOL).

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yum!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Crab Cakes with mango sauce with white rice and green beans or Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread. Cheesecake for dessert.

I wanted both!!! But I had the Spaghetti, and a side of the crab cake only. Both were excellent!

And the cheesecake was excellent.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh that's a tough choice, I would have wanted both, as well!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am going to ask at the next culinary meeting how they set the menu (and can I help, LOL). I was wondering if they just rotate the menu or create it from the food they order or figure out the menu then order the food. It is a corporation, I have seen the semi pull up to deliver to the kitchen, so they may just get sent food.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We tried Bad Manner's Ginger Curry Noodle soup - only substitution I made was portobello caps for sweet potatoes (don't like the latter). I even made my own curry powder using the Minimalist Baker's recipe. Both were SUPERB!! (Soup picture in link below)

https://instagram.com/stories/janie_teach/2983307663867336124?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow that sounds and looks really good!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had leftovers ... hamburger w/fries and Caesar salad!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tri tip w/scalloped potatoes and carrots or Fettuccini alfredo w/broccoli.

So hard to decide but I went with the Fettuccini, it totally hit the spot and was excellent.

We had butterscotch pudding w/whipped cream for dessert. It was great, I don't think I have ever had it before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fabulous salmon w/orange sauce (excellent), wild rice and roasted cauliflower. Apple cobbler w/ice cream for dessert.

I think the other option was stuffed cabbage.

The salmon was devine!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Oh man, Dipo - you just brought back such good memories. My grandma used to make a butterscotch pie. It was like a butterscotch pudding in a crust....sooooo delicious!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Teachmichigan, you should make some pudding.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ratatouille or Mustard Glazed Pork with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. Angel food cake with strawberry compote and whipped cream.

I had the pork, it was fine, I am just not a fan of pork, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2022 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yesterday was Flank steak with rice and veggies. I had the flank steak and substituted a baked potato, it was excellent with cheesecake for dessert.

Tonight I skipped, it is their "chinese menu" which is ok, but I got Taco Bell delivered instead!! IT was excellent, I have been wanting it for a while.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2022 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Veggie Chili or Chicken Fried Steak w/ white country gravy, mashed potatoes and peas/carrots.

Chocolate pudding with Whipped Cream for dessert.

I am stuffed, had the Chicken fried steak which was pretty crispy, LOL, but good.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
mmmm, that's what I would have picked!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Shhhh....it was split a bag of tatertots night and then split a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Teachmichigan, that sounds good too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roasted pork or Tilapia with wild rice and roasted cauliflower. Dessert was apple cobbler with ice cream.

I had Tilapia and everything was great.